A Very Average hotel.
On arrival we were given a room with a balcony so small that 2 people could not stand on it together. I kid you not (room 423).
after complaining to the front desk that i had payed extra for a superior sea view they then gave me room 550, Overlooking the car park, with no sea view!!
On my 3rd attempt and after lugging 2 suitcases up and down i was finally given a room with a decent balcony & sea view. The only problem was the musty smell of the place. Please do not think I,m just another whinger i have never compained before and honestly believe you get what you pay for. Talking to guests around the dirty pool we found that many had changed rooms due to the smell and a few couples had even moved hotels.
The food was not up to 4* european standard and we met several people who had payed half board and were eating out like us..
On checkout they tried to charge me for signed bar tabs even though they were clearly signed by a different name!!!! Please
think twice. P.S. Buggiba is like a mix between a building site and a bomb site at the moment, with very high prices since the restrictions on price increases was lifted on july 1st after joining the euro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotelopia and Odigeo so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta