This is apparently a 4 star hotel. The amenities are the probable reason for the 4 star status, ie health spa, gym, pools, conference rooms, casino etc. Certainly the standard of the room we stayed in was 2 star at best! No balcony, shower no more than a dribble, yet a pool of water on the floor as a result of the poor shower scrren. The sink leaked underneath, TV on it's last legs with a total of 4 channels, the noise from outside felt like the M6 motorway was at the bottom of our bed,. It was extremely noisy!! No tea/coffee making facilities. The cleaning was average. Good points? Well, none whatsoever in relation to the room. Breakfast was average. However, it's location was good with pools next to the sea. Plenty of sunbeds. Didn't use the hotel bar with it's rather cheesy entertainment. The staff weren't particularly friendly either. I think the hotel is too vast in size hence the lack of "personal touch". Location aside, I'm sure there are much better hotels in the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta