The positives were the breakfast, the spa and the choice of four pools. The hotel is close to the bus station which is good, because Bugibba isn't the most attractive of places on Malta. The negatives - I had booked a room with two single beds, however when we arrived quite late at night to the hotel we found we had been given a room with a double bed. Eventually we were given the room we had booked. Why I say the hotel needs a revamp was because the toilet was running water all the time, the wardrobe literally fell apart and the balcony door got jammed (which we had to ask twice at reception for this to be fixed). Much patience was also required to use the lifts. The general service we felt was poor, both in the hotel and also at the various bars and restaurants within the hotel grounds. One day our keycards wouldn't work so we traipsed back to reception and it was more like we were an inconvenience as opposed to the cards not working. Oh, and the pillows were also shocking quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta