I booked a sea-view ( A must if you book here ) - I had room 557. Which was on the fifth floor, with two working (sometimes dodgy) lifts, which were ALWAYS in use!!
The hotel needs a nip and tuck here and there, a few chips on the outside surface, the customer service (which many other reviewers have commented on here) is what they say it is, not four stars. A crash course in English for the staff wouldn't go a miss. It was mostly German and Dutch we were sharing with, which wasn't a problem, as long as you got up early to book your sun bed with a towel!
Dinner was good, however badly organised. As everyone rushes in, and its a feeding feast! With alot of people rushing in and around the food. However the free drinks, Pepsi, 7UP were always cold although only provided in small 75ml glasses - but you can always refill. The cold salad (tuna shells) turned my stomach badly and i complained to the food manager who didn't really seem to care however did offer me a free dinner that evening. However due to how I felt, I didn't even take up the offer.
That said, the following day, my towel which was in my cupboard went missing. After searching the whole room, i decided it had been stolen. I contacted the front of house manager, Jonathan who was semi-interested, and thought i was making the whole thing up to which surprised and shocked me as this is supposed to be a four star hotel!! I knew by this time, i should of booked the Hilton which is just down the road. Jonathan after two days of chasing myself, finally didn't take responsibly and simply sent me a letter quoting a goodwill gesture that he will award me a free nights stay, which is acceptable - however after three days of not having my towel and chasing myself, i feel if i didn't, then i wouldn't of got anywhere near it. Another thing, no CCTV within the main room halls? How do they know what there staff and cleaners are up to?? - However after reports the owners son drives around in a Ferrari, this shows where this hotels extra costs are paying towards. Perhaps they should put some money into the whole hotel to bring it to a four star....which it promises!
The Wifi is shocking, not only do you have to pay for it, 10 Euro for up to 6 hours, however the wifi dips out and you have to always re-sign in and activate it once again, which is very annoying keeping up with work emails and family at home.
The entertainers at the resort, the Animation team were always on there A Game and made sure the children were being kept to, while I could easily chill out by one of there three pools on the resort. With many of the crew organising evening comedy shows in the main conference hall.
Overall, the main reason was to visit Malta for the third time, after staying in an apartment and then a house the second time, it was a reasonable stay. However I would not return and simply pay more for a better hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta