Qawra Palace Hotel
Dolmen Hotel Malta(St. Paul's Bay)
US$195
US$167
  • Beachfront
Topaz Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Restaurant
Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$71
US$57
US$156
US$146
  • Restaurant
Villa Zammitella(St. Paul's Bay)
US$70
US$58
US$98
US$94
  • Pool
Arzella Rooms(St. Paul's Bay)
US$47
Salini Resort(St. Paul's Bay)
US$345
US$244
  • Breakfast included
US$47
US$45
2,969 results
All reviewsthe busa sea view roomcoffee shopplenty of choiceolder peoplebad reviewssea frontsoupsmeal timesgreat holidayentertainment every nightjust returned from a weekoutdoor poolwalk in showereach eveninglocal busescleaned every day
Reviewed 22 June 2012

read the mixed reviews on here but found the rooms and food were good, tried seabass and breem for the first time and it was lovely, had meat pie and liver first week, just like home cooking. room was a seaview and had spectactular views across pool and the bay. they were kept clean and sheets were changed nearly every day. bathroom could have been a bit larger but we managed. only complaints were having to pay for mattresses on loungers when all inclusive and the air conditioning was turned off at night so i was ill with the heat as i have breathing diffuculties, after 4 nights we asked for a fan but the manager said they hadnt any so i said id have to sleep on the balcony which horrified him, my hubby spied 2 fans not being used behind reception and asked for one of them, after humming and harring he gave us one but even with that on i had to sleep with the balcony doos open and move my bed so i could get air as it was so hot, the air conitioning wasnt working properly all they could do was to get it on the lowest temp but air was lukewarm from it.. thomas cook show airconditioning on from june to sept but they dont put it on fully until end of june. if wed have known we wouldnt have booked. we enjoyed our stay but wouldnt go back until air conditioning was sorted. expect a lot of noise if you have a seaview room from road below. staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: need a seaview room but noisy at night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank manicm00
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed all inclusive at this hotel at Easter for 1 week, with my partner and his 2 teenage children. Although Malta isn't really ideal for teenagers, we all enjoyed it. Food was fine, lots of choice, although for fussy teenagers who eat nothing but chips with every meal, it was a bit limited as most meals were rice, pasta and potato dishes. Us adults however enjoyed it. Loads of new and different things to try and the menu varied eah day, although I imagine for food would get repetative after 1 week. They did a wonderful lunch buffet on Easter Sunday, it was fantastic, and all the food was delicious. The hotel itself is very clean and I had no problems with it on this matter.

The only cons I would mention is that the drinks in the main bars were not cold enough and usually a bit flat. The pool bar was the best for ice cold beers and cokes.

Also, the staff were friendly enough but very miserable. I appreciate that they worked long hours as the guy who worked the pool bar during the day, did the main bar of a night.

Entertainment is more geared towards older guests, so teenagers got a little bit bored, so we explored the area most nights and drank in a few of the bars in Buggiba.

Definatley go on some trips while in Malta, Gozo was a good trip and the Easter parades we attended in the local village was brilliant, all pretty cheap too. If you want to go into Valetta, take a short walk to the bus terminus around the corner from the hotel, for a few euro, you get a bus ticket that allows you to hop on and off the buses. We took the bus to Valetta and spent a lovely day there, then on the way back we jumped off the bus at St Julians Bay and had a wander around some of the shops and bars there. Buses are regular and travel along the coastal road to Valetta and back and so you see a lot.

Good hotel, would definatley stay here again without any complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room if you are slightly claustrophobic, the internal rooms have tiny balconies that overlook a courtyard and can feel a little bit closed in. We were ok with a courtyard room but next time I will ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank evertonl
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Just returned from 10 days in the Qawra Palace. Was very disappointed with whole experience. Booked half board. Breakfast very limited with all drinks via vending machines. Food quite good but not always very hot. Paid extra for sea view but the fact that the main road runs between the hotel and the pool area (which was very good and clean) was disappointing. The worst thing of all was that there was "entertainment" every night at the poolside with was directly in front of our bedroom window. The music was horrendously loud with competition from the Sun & Sea Lido next door. Could have put up with this occasionally but it was every single night and carried on until midnight so if we wanted to go to bed before midnight no sleep was achieved. All in all, very disappointed as hotel supposed to be 4 star. The bedrooms were sparcely decorated but very, very clean with bed linen and towels changed every single day. All in all, not really a restful holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank welltravelled021
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I don't usually trust trip adviser due to the constant flow of poor comments from some people, and I'm glad I never trusted it this time!! The hotel was clean and the rooms were (for the most part) very well maintained (the shower was a little temperamental!!) the staff were also extremely helpfully and knowledgable!! The only minor, and I mean minor downside was the view of the courtyard, but if your idea of a good holiday is to sit on a balcony for the entirety of it, maybe you shouldn't waste the money going on holiday to such beautiful country with so many things to do!

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank Leetow
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I went to this hotel on 2nd June for one week with my daughter, initially we were booked into a room which was on a side street with a partial sea view, but found the traffic noise too disruptive to our sleep so we asked if we could move. The staff were very good and gave us an alternative room which looked out onto an inner courtyard which and so we had no traffic noise.

There is a nightclub but it was only open on a Saturday night and as we arrived very late Saturday we missed out on this so we were disapointed. The other evenings live entertainment was held on the pool area which was a little breezy at times, I'm not sure what they do when it rains. On the Friday night there was a very good and we had quite a good dance as they were able to keep it going, some groups had too big a pause between songs or when they had quite a crowd up on the dance floor they changed the music completely so that the majority would sit down and a lot of times the music was aimed at couples wanting to waltz.

The food is from a buffet and is very english with a good variety, but it is not four star I would rate it as a three star. The fruit juice was a very poor quality and tasted watered, for breakfast there was scrabbled eggs, fried eggs, bacon (often burnt), sausages, cererals and a salad bar. Tea is served from machines which wasn't very nice.

We had half board, for dinner we had a choice of: soup for starter or salad bar then a choice of three main courses plus vegetables some of which were tinned carrots and one night there was sprouts which I did not try as I suspected they were not fresh but frozen. It was mainly the vegetables that let the dinners down, I found the meat especially the veal very tender and lovely to eat.

My daughter hated most of the food with the exception of the soups. I only found one dish which I could not eat which was a beef pie served at lunch time on our last day (we got a free lunch as we arrived too late for dinner on the first day). It was some sort of mince and mushroom, but the mince tasted strange to me although the pastry was very good. I love Italian food and I think they would be better putting more Italian dishes on the menu rather than mainly a british menu.

I found it irritating that no matter what time I had breakfast it was always a chore to find a cup although there were three areas to pick up cups they were always empty when I wanted a cup, staff just need to be more efficient and stock up the cups when getting low instead of waiting until they run out.

Sometimes the tablecloth was not clean when we sat down to eat. I know they are catering for a lot of people but they need to clear and clean tables more efficiently after each diner. Also the staff in the restaurant could have been more welcoming, You had to buy your wine before going into the restaurant queue to pay then queue to get served at the bar. Rather than get up for a second glass of wine I found it easier to buy a bottle and put the remainder in the fridge and then I would have a pre-dinner drink the following night.

Although stated indoor pool this is not open during the summer and the outside pool is a saltwater pool but there is no shower by the pool to rinse off after your swim.

Also stated tea making facilites in room but you only get this if you pay 20 euros deposit for the kettle and 2.70 euros each day for a supply of tea and milk. We bought our own milk and tea for the week it worked out cheaper.There was a fridge in the room which was useful for our juices, but it did not get quite cold enough for white wine. If you wanted a remote control for the TV a deposit was required. If you wanted a late check out on date of departure it was 25 euros. There was a balcony with two chairs on it not sure why they should have been so dirty and dusty, so I was not tempted to sit on them.

There is a cafe within the hotel which the food and drinks (actually got a teapot) was excellent, but of course you do have to pay for this. Also the service was very good a much more proffessional standard than that in the main restaurant.

It was not value for money for us (£700 each) as we were paying top rate as it was during the school holidays (my daughter is a school teacher). Which was not the hotels fault as I believe this price hike is due to the airlines. The following week we could have got the same holiday for half price the price.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper any room with a seaview I think will be noisy unless you go up to about the sixth floor or really the quiet irooms that overlook the courtyard but you only get a view of other rooms and people sitting on a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family