“will be returning next year !”
Review of Qawra Palace Hotel

Qawra Palace Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in St. Paul's Bay
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Arrived on the 24th of june from glasgow for 1 week to malta .
Travelled as a family of 6 . As this was our second return we knew what to expect ; lovely staff , great location and you are always made welcome.
We upgraded our rooms from courtyard to sea view would recommend as beautiful views .
Will be returning next year.
Have any questions then get in touch.

Room Tip: sea view room
2  Thank Lauren M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,874)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a week at the Qawra Palace hotel in the lovely Island of Malta.The food at this hotel is excellent, in fact the best we have experienced in an all inclusive holiday.The chambermaids and bar staff along with the waiters were all very friendly. However the same could not be said of the restaurant management staff or the staff on reception desk staff. They were abrupt and arrogant to the point of rudeness. The hotel itself is tired and in need of a complete refurb. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever experienced in any hotel anywhere in the world!! What a shame that those who should be leading by example are in fact the week link in the chain!!

3  Thank Labman_13
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week between the 24th June and the 1st July, only got back home today. Food was amazing, staff very welcoming also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Paul and David from the restaurant who were great and looked after us. All facilities excellent, nothing that I can complain about whatsoever. I hope to be going back to Malta soon and look forward to visiting the Qawra Palace Hotel again in the future.

10/10!

4  Thank Jack G
Reviewed 29 June 2014

went to the qarwa palace 12th june to the 19th june there is not much I can say about this hotel
had to wait 3 hours for our room , yes the room was good unpacked the cases,, later went down to the resauranrte this was the first meal then thing started to go down hill the breakfast was good come to the evening meal the soup was look warm every night and the food was look warm not fit to eat one night there was steak it looked good the guy on the next table had some on is plate he could not cut it never mind eat it ,,
we was in room 846 sea view big room fridge in
would not go back my wife caught a virus in bed for 3 days had to send for a doctor
you go at your own risk to this hotel

Room Tip: we was on the 8th floor room 846 no compaints sea view the room was good
3  Thank rocky088
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have just returned from staying 7 days at this hotel. From the reception staff, bar, restaurant and cabin cleaners, I have to say we were made to feel really welcome. My son totally enjoyed the banter with the staff. The rooms were very clean. The menu each day was superb. The only downside was having to get a sunbed early each morning as the Germans were up to their normal tricks of putting towels down at 6am. We did experience noisy students at 2am some nights, but a quick phone call to reception sorted the problem out.

I did ask for a seaview room but never got one. That was down to my tour operator who failed me.

I am definitely returning back there.

Thank you to the staff making my stay a most enjoyable one.

2  Thank PATHFINDER1957
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have just returned from a week away and would you believe it we were not on the guest list.After arriving in the early hours of the morning were taken to the seashells hotel next door for b&b then to sort out our room which we were on their list to stay there. I said if i wanted to stay here i would have booked this one but i had booked the qwara palace and that is were i am staying. After waiting indefinitely the next day after getting to bed at 2.45 am we got to speak to someone from Mercury who arranged for us to have a room were we originally booked it was then 2 o'clock the following day before we got our room.The room was fine clean and towels and bedding done regular but the all inclusive is much to be desired.1. The safe was 11 euros. 2. The mattress for the sun beds 1 euro each. 3.Kettle and cups in room but nothing else. 4.Fridge with nothing in it. 5.you had to buy your water. 6.all inclusive drinks you could not have until 11.am and the last drinks were 11pm.7.No cocktails allowed only if you payed. 8. Only certain ice creams on all inclusive a selection if you paid.As someone else said the juice at breakfast was like squash as it was frozen and coming out like water. There is no service at this hotel you get everything yourself they only take away the dirty plates.There is nothing going on during the day ,i did see some animation people but I presume they were entertaining the kids.We would go back as it was i lovely location but on b&b another time. Actually i think we will return to Cuba were we were treated first class with the all inclusive it will probably be cheaper also and they are much more friendly.

5  Thank susan g
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Overall the hotel is at a good location, public transportation facilities great, avg entertainment every evening but a 4* i certainly doubt it.
At check-in, the staff told me that I have to stay at another hotel (some 100 metre's away) for 1 night and come back again the following day, because they got some maintenance problem(excuse for over booking). I booked half-board, a few months ago and had a confirmed reservations so no issues at my end. The staff told me i will only stay at the referred hotel but have to come back in to the Qawra palace hotel and eat dinner at this hotel. Now, after an extremely long day(with flights, early travel to the airport and exhausted), having to move to another hotel with luggage and hassles, is the last thing one expects on a holiday. Obviously, the referred hotel will give me a room they have available. I originally booked a double room but got a twin room with 2 separate beds; After some complaining, they managed to join the 2 beds together and that was their definition of a double bed....my wife was furious when they told us that we have to wait until 3:30 pm to check-in as the rooms aren't ready so we had to wait another 2 hours before we could get some rest from the travel. I thought 4* will go some distance but wasn't to be. All in all, i lost 2 days shuttling between hotel just to check-in and check-out. The hotel staff at reception didn't even bother to apologize for the hassle they put their guest through.

After i stayed a few days at this hotel, the honest food verdict as below:
Quite a lot of variety in items, don't be late for dinner, else there will be a lot of cold food and no guarantee if they will be around for long. The desert section is the best section, some good choices there. Mind you, half board doesn't get you water at dinner; we had to buy bottled water even during dinner.

Breakfast options were good, thank god, they serve some diluted juice drinks (particularly the orange juice was more water than orange) and water.

Hotel lifts work when they like, we often gave up on waiting.

The best thing I found about the hotel was the location as there were quite a lot of public buses that stop a 50 metres from the hotel that goes to most destinations in Malta so was very convenient for us.

Room Tip: Book for a sea-view.
7  Thank Sid_00001976
Ramla Bay Resort
#7 of 12 in Mellieha
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands

Been to Qawra Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!