Gillieru Harbour Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bel Sol Hotel(Bugibba)
View Hotel
San Pawl Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Pool
Topaz Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Restaurant
Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Pool
All reviewsmary rosesea viewpaul's islandwet roomgreat positiontravel kettlebus stopcold meatscooked breakfastchanged dailyquiet areatowels changed every daysmall fridgebed and breakfast basiscleaning staffsun loungersrestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for a week at the Gillieru and had an awesome stay... The highlight for us was the location and especially the sea view which is definitely worth paying for! The breakfast was fine for what it was, and I'd say the only improvements needed in the bedroom was the tv and the shower but other than that it was great and the housekeepers did a good job.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good value hotel in St Pauls.

• Stayed: November 2011
8  Thank Manthbxx
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I booked this hotel as part of a package holiday as a birthday treat for my partner. We stayed here first week in November and loved it! When we were on the bus droping people off, the other hotels did not look nice and not speical at all so I was a little scared what our hotel was like and we were the last drop off. However as soon as we pulled up to the hotel, I was relieved. Straight away I knew it was the perfect location, over looking the sea and in a quiet area. I didnt book a sea room but I had emailed the hotel shortly after I made the booking asking if I could have a sea view, and we received a email back to say they would try their best depending on availability...we got one of the best rooms in the hotel.... 5th floor, private terrace overlooking the bay and sea....was amazing! The location is perfect, a short walk to Bugibba where the bars and shops are located. Gorgeous square and some lovely places for eating. We went to the the Bay a couple of times and it was lovely and also a pub caled Victoria's where I had the best fish and chips of my life and pasta. We loved it here! Everyone is very friendly and speak fluent english. November was a perfect time to travel for us, it was warm enough to go around with a t shirt and shorts and do some sight seeing - we did the hop on hop off bus around Malta which was great value for money, and 2 days later we did the trip to Gozo which was very well organised. The last 2 days of the holiday it was roasting so we got to sunbathe. The pool is located on the 1st or 2nd floor and its lovely overlooking the sea. However the pool was very dirty at the bottom - we only noticed this as we could see the bottom of the pool from our room and it was black at the bottom! Breakfast was lovely, basic but nice. The staff offer you tea and coffee and some days we must of had around 4 cups each. We had toast and jam and corn flakes every morning but it was great. The only negative comment is the rooms are a little tired, so if you are wanting a 5 star no expense spared hotel dont come here. However the rooms were clean, towels changed every day, and you hardly spend any time in your room so it wasn't a big deal to us. I would definetley go back to this hotel, the location is the best on the island and if you are lucky enough to get a sea room you are in a for a treat. We sat each night on the terrace and it was so relaxing sitting with a drink overlooking the dark bay and the flickering lights. please dont let other people's negative and picky comments put you off here - just go with a open mind about the room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Just got back from 1 wks stay. Found the hotel to be just what we wanted - a quiet location, but close to bus routes and places to eat. Our room , 215, was clean and larger than we've had on previous holidays abroad, bathroom was also clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was ok, cereals, fresh fruit and plenty of rolls & bread with meat, cheese & jam. Cooked items were at a small charge. Overall an enjoyable stay, we would definitely go back if we ever go to Malta again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The worst value accommodation I have had for years. Noisy place - but a back (quieter) room will cost €5 per person per day (about 8% of my total holidaypackage). A room safe is €12 for the week. Breakfast - below par for even a two star hotel. Had I been an independant traveller, I would only have stayed one night.

Room Tip: have a room at the back of the hotel - sea view (see above for addiitional charge). Don't habe half board (anecdotal from other guests)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MPS95
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Just spent 10 nights at the Gillieru. The hotel is a little tired and could do with updating. The staff are fantastic and very helpful. Our room was clean had a super sea view across the bay but was on the small side. We stayed bed and breakfast which was limited to a cold buffet. Overall a friendly clean and comfortable hotel to stay and explore the island.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room overlooking the pool as they are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple