My wife and I spent a week half board at Gillieru Harbour Hotel with friends, another couple. Our room was on the fifth floor with a spectacular view out over St Paul's Bay and St Paul's Island just beyond. Our friends' room was on the fourth floor with a side view and overlooking the water's edge. From their veranda, they could also look out to St Paul's Bay and St Paul's Island. Their veranda was a little smaller than ours. Our rooms were well proportioned.
There is also a spacious Roof Terrace with spectacular sea views as with our room.
Breakfast had a choice of three cereals, fruit, two fruit juices, cold meats, cheese as well as the option of a hot 'English Breakfast'. Tea and coffee were plentiful as was bread, butter jam and marmalade.
Dinner was served from 6.30pm promptly with the choice of soup, salads, cold cuts and pasta etc. There were three tempting options for the main course with generous helpings. There was a choice of four desserts each evening.
The staff at both Breakfast and Dinner were friendly, attentive and nothing was too much trouble as they sought to please at every point. The lady Receptionist who was on duty when we had questions or wanted reservations made was friendly, efficient and spoke excellent English.
The location is ideal for those wishing a relatively quiet retreat and is perfectly located for short cruises from the nearby jetty at Bugibba (Five-minutes' walk) to St Paul's Bay, Comino and Gozo.
We were all delighted with our experience at Gillieru Harbour Hotel and would certainly consider returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The local traditional characteristics reflected in the design of this small, but prestigious hotel, located at the waters edge overlooking the old fishing harbour and flanked to one side by an ancient chapel, only complement this quaint and idyllic setting. Yet just a minute walk away are a number of shops, restaurants, bars and other tourist activities all along the promenade. An early riser can watch the colourful fishing boats unload their catch from the comfort of one’s room. The hotel has breathtaking views of St. Paul’s Islands where St. Paul was shipwrecked. All rooms have a bathroom en suite, balcony, air-conditioning, direct dialing facilities, satellite Television, mini bar, hair dryer and room safety deposits. The Gillieru Harbour Hotel has ample public areas to guarantee the excellent and personalized service synonymous with the Cremona family which has run it’s catering services for over four generations. Early booking is recommended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Gillieru Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Gillieru Harbour
- Gillieru Harbour St Pauls Bay
- Gillieru Harbour Hotel Malta