“definately go again”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in St. Paul's Bay
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“definately go again”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The room 3050 was spacious, beds comfy although they were singles. the balcony on the top floor over looking the pool was small but just enough room for a small plastic table and 2 chairs. The room was very clean and well serviced, the shower is quite inadequate really and very old but it does get you clean The view from our room was great. The breakfast was expensive but if you walk down to Bugibba square and go to Granny's for a full breakfast with tea or coffee for 2.85 euros their evening meals are also great and well priced, the staff are great it does get busy so be prepared to wait at times. Georges restaurant on the front is good for day and evening meals they also have sun loungers and a small pool that over looks the sea, 5 euro for each bed. Boogies just up the road from the square provide great meals at great prices. Mermaid cruises is a good trip 23 euro for all day. You can get a day ticket on the bus for 1.50 euros, you can go anywhere just hop on and hop off seeing different villages. The double decker sightseeing bus is 17.00 euro for half of the island. The fun train pick up at mcDonalds 5 euro is good very informative. Most restaurants have free wifi, in the hotels they mostly charge. on the island the average exchange rate was 1.20 euro to the pound, we went on the 8th June and booked through On the Beach flying with Ryaniar, no problems at all. We also saw one of the village fiesta at night is was absolutely wonderful.

Room Tip: well worth booking a superior room because you get air con which is a must. Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Christine S
sanpawlhotel, General Manager at San Pawl Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When I arrived at the Hotel my name wasn't on the arrival list (I booked through hostel4u), good I had printed out my booking confirmation and everything else I needed to show for my checking in.
The hotel is simple and so it is the breakfast, which I think could be better: more fresh fruits and yogurt, not only milk.
One IMPORTANT THING: there is EVERY NIGHT (from 21:40-23:40) KARAOKE and/or musical show in the hotel's restaurant (which is at the hotel's patio beside the pool and all the rooms!!!) and it is REALLY loud and ANNOYING!!!! If I knew it before certainly I would never book in this Hotel, really bored me plenty of times when all I wanted was peace after a relaxing day in the beach and was tired because of a fun day in the beach or sightseeing. In addition to the noisy and really loud music inside the hotel, they really sing BAD!! I am telling it because I didn't read anything about it before I had booked and the trip itself, so it's important to know if you want to pay less and cheapest you will help yourself to use something on your ears, to enjoy the bad sung music or get really annoyed for not knowing it before!!
The rest my trip was wonderful, but not my nights!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Eduardo E
sanpawlhotel, General Manager at San Pawl Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review, we have to come up with some solution with regards to the entertainment, Although we employ professional entertainers and Kareoke is only on one night per week.

Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Was slightly apprehensive after booking San Pawl based on some of the reviews. When I arrived, the lobby area looked great. Some areas are still slightly dated, but its good value for money.

Although basic rooms, good enough location and lovely staff.

Thank you for a great stay, would visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank _lilmissemka
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments, I much appreciate them.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Fab time my holiday could not have been better, I didn't pay a fortune and came with a open mind, everything was top class, ive paid double for one night in london than my week cost,Max and staff just remember every year slowly slowly push on and you will be fine! As Arnie says I'll be back ...God bless x

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Kevin C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments I appreciate them and look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not too sure what to write about this hotel really, the reception area is lovely as is the pool area. There is entertainment every evening (like most hotels in malta the entertainment isn't directed towards younger people). So those are all positives, however the staff all seemed quite rude and fed up except the cleaners one young lad Behind the bar whose name escapes me unfortunately.

Our room was basic (no tea making facilities or anything) and what bothered was i went to unplug the tv to use the socket and noticed the socket was incredibly loose and dangerous plus our towels that were brought to our room (after arrival) had a strange yellow stain on, I'm sure they were clean but that's a bit off putting.
If you're going for stag/hen do and you're not bothered that much about hotel you'll be happy :)
It is very close to the seafront and buggiba square though.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Monika W
Thank you for your review , I much appreciate it. The towels are clean as you said and the yellow stains were caused by a cleaning agent. The towels have now all been changed.

Regards,

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have jus returned from a week's break at San Pawl Hotel and to sum it up, excellent! If you want 5 star....pay for it! Although I have to say you dont always get the friendly service we received here in 5 star accommodations!!. When we arrived there was not any notice of our booking, not a problem, paid for the night till it was sorted and had the money returned first thing next day. Loved our pool view huge balcony, cleaned every day and towels changed if I left them indicating so. Breakfast was as good as you get anywhere with alternate days of bacon and sausage. I would recommend the San Pawl to anyone who wants good friendly service at value for money prices.

Room Tip: Pool view low floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tracy Friel f
Thank you for your kind commets we all appreciate it :)

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just spent a week at the St Pawl Hotel which was a mixed experience. On arrival we entered a well appointed foyer only to be greeted by a grumpy unfriendly man on reception, we didnt even get a "Hello" let alone a smile! I was just told t"Fill in this and thats it, and told you are in this room got to the about 12 midnight after traving for 8hrs to get there and found that theres no kettel in the room so me and the wife went back down to see if we can get one ,only to think we was puting him out by askin for for a kettel by sayin can you not get it later ie when we get up. After about 10 mins we got one and that was a west of time but to charge 10euros deposit and 1.5 euros a day for a kettle, I could have bought a new one for less  we asked for cups and told can you not just used a glass from the bathroom so we gave up thats the only bad part of being there and he put a bad start to stayin there. But the rest off the staff where very helpfull and nice and always say hello to you. Room was ok and clean for what you pay pool was lovely and clean food was ok ish. Was a lovely holiday apart from the bad start with the man when we got there.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank darren247
sanpawlhotel, General Manager at San Pawl Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Darren,

Thank you for your review , I will look into the matter personally.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Paul's Bay
Canifor Hotel
Canifor Hotel
#14 of 15 in Qawra
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,704 reviews

Been to San Pawl Hotel? Share your experiences!