Hotel Santana
Dolmen Hotel Malta(St. Paul's Bay)
US$195
US$167
  • Beachfront
Topaz Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Restaurant
Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$71
US$57
  • Restaurant
Qawra Palace Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$176
US$165
  • Beachfront
US$156
US$146
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Villa Zammitella(St. Paul's Bay)
US$70
US$58
US$98
US$94
  • Pool
Arzella Rooms(St. Paul's Bay)
US$47
Salini Resort(St. Paul's Bay)
US$253
US$244
  • Breakfast included
US$47
US$45
1,686 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcomfort roomthe busair conbuilding workplenty of choicecafe barbars and restaurantshalf boardvisiting maltahotel is in a great locationbed and breakfastwalk in showerbreakfast and dinnercold meatsbuffet stylesun loungers
Reviewed 17 July 2014

i am currently in the Santana Hotel and the room we were given has a very noisey baseon the bed. you could not breath but it sqeaks you thik it was about to collapase. We have reported this problem 3 times to reception without any action being taken. We were offered a room at the back of the hotel which was not a superior room which i paid for, so we tiurned it down as we have a good view and the room is great apart from one of the beds. The holidamy company rep was also informed. As my wife has a bad back & multiple internal problems this has really spoiled our holiday. we put the matress on the floor where she slept last night which was quite unacceptable. Very poor customer service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CoArmaghontour27
SunrouteSantana, Director of Sales at Hotel Santana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Client,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I regret to note that you are experiencing some difficulties at our hotel. Would you please contact our Front Office Manager as soon as possible so that we will look into the matter and provide a solution?

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have enjoyed staying at the Santana for many years,however when people ask where are we staying they starting to pull faces Witch upsets us.The hotel is in need of refurbishment please be carefully as you could loose your customers.Your staff are brilliant very helpfull a special mention to Annalise on reception.

Room Tip: Corner rooms tend to be larger.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LesandCarole
SunrouteSantana, Director of Sales at Hotel Santana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Les and Carole,

Thank you for your repeat custom to the Santana and for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I regret to note that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay with us and take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
With regards to refurbishment, for the benefit of those reading this review, allow me to remark that the hotel is subject to a rigorous, ongoing, maintenance programme.
I note with pleasure that you find our staff brilliant and will certainly inform Annelise that you mentioned her in your review.
From my end I promise you personal assistance with your next booking and look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail is carmen.zammit@sunroutehotels.com

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is not a great hotel, it si however a good hotel. Clean quite and spacious. The room was good plenty of storage space and the bathroo was large. The hotel is situated in good location with bars and resturants within easy walk. Also the bus station is located nearby. Unfortuantley what does let this hotel down is the food. It's not awful just not good. Suprisingly as we had a late afternoon departure we were offered lunch in lieu of dinner. This ws the best meal we had. Would I stop there again ? Yes but probably B&B

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Alan702
SunrouteSantana, Director of Sales at Hotel Santana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Alan 702,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and for your favourable comments about the location of our hotel and the spacious and clean rooms.
I regret to note that you were not entirely satisfied with the food. Of course, this is a matter of taste and we try our utmost to offer a variety of dishes to satisfy all palates. Still, I will share your review with my colleagues on the management team in view of improving our product and the services we offer.
I note, with pleasure, that you will return to our hotel in future and here take the opportunity to offer you any assistance you may need with your booking.

In the meantime
Best regards from Malta

Reviewed 8 July 2014

the front of this hotel looks fine , top show, my brother and his family had a room at the front of the hotel which was fine, but our room at the back, OMG, death trap , we were six floors up and had a 13month old, the balcony was like a postage stamp , which faced derelict area and dumping ground, but thats not the bad point at the sise of the balcony was a foot gap which my toddler could of easly fell through, we had to keep it locked the full holiday, when we asked to be moved the snooty receptionist said sorry no .next was the cot they supplied that we had to ask for knowing we were arriving with a child, i wouldnt have put my cat in it total death trap , but in fairness when i complained they replaced it with a new one, i had a feeling they didnt have many small guests visiting their hotel. no lift to roof top pool which is a bit of a struggle with a pushchair and pool very shabby not what you would expect for a 4* hotel, sort yourselfs out santana .

Room Tip: pick a front room hotel it over looks the car park, but its the best view there is , need i say anymore .
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank averys221
SunrouteSantana, Director of Sales at Hotel Santana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Client,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I regret to note that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while with us. At the same time I would kindly ask you to e-mail me on carmen.zammit@sunroutehotels.com with your dates of stay and the room number so that I would be able to investigate this matter and revert back to you as soon as possible.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Don't get me wrong I like the Santana - I have stayed once before and, having lived in Malta for a while, I have visited the cafe and bar (which is closed at the moment) a few times, but I do want to bring up failings in my bathroom on this last trip (and I'm sure this will be replicated in more than just my room). I traveled alone this time and so was wondering what type of room I would get for a singleton - I was pleasantly surprised - twin room, small balcony, tv, plenty of storage space for clothes etc, and a nicely sized bathroom with shower.....
I was pleased to see the shower had a 'rainfall shower head' so was really looking forward to my shower the following morning....
The shower head must have had at least 200 holes in it, but when I turned on the shower, water dribbled out of no more than six! (I am not kidding you!). How the heck was I gonna wash under that?!! I spent the next 20 minutes stood on a chair, using a nail orange stick to unclog 200 filth & chalk clogged holes in the shower head - absolutely yuk! I stood clear as I turned on the water again, and after more dirt shot out of the holes I ended up having a fabulous shower!
Secondly - the sink - yes its a neat modern oblong little thing - but totally impractical as it didn't hold too much water and every time you bent down to splash your face you hit your head on the glass shelf above! And when you did bend closer you got the most awful 'drain smell' emanating from the overflow hole. On further inspection, its absolutely filthy!
Two things I would recommend for the hotel - 1)regular inspections and thorough cleaning of shower heads, and 2) plenty of bleach down sink plugs and overflows.

To balance this up a bit I just want to say that the reception staff are smiley and helpful :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jan A

Dear Client,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and for your repeat custom to the hotel.
I am sharing your comments with my colleagues on the management team in view of improving our product and services. In the meantime however, may I remark that bathrooms, including shower heads are cleaned daily by our housekeeping staff and in the event that a client is not satisfied with the cleaning and reports matter to us, we would immediately send a member of staff to redo the room.
I am happy to note that you found our reception staff helpful and will be passing your comment to them as they will be pleased to know this.

I hope that you will soon return to Malta and to our hotel and promise you our availability to assist you with any future booking.

In the meantime