Primera Hotel
Topaz Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Dolmen Hotel Malta(St. Paul's Bay)
US$164
US$153
  • Beachfront
San Pawl Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$140
US$47
  • Restaurant
Qawra Palace Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$196
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Salini Resort(St. Paul's Bay)
US$214
US$176
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
US$778
  • Restaurant
Hotel Santana(St. Paul's Bay)
TripAdvisor
Porto Azzurro(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Pool
Gillieru Harbour Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Pool
All reviewsside sea viewbalcony roomindoor poolbudget holidayfood for breakfastcleaned every daytowels changedgreat positionreception staffwi fithe buspay extrasmall balconyhotel is situatedclean towelsjosephineearplugs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I have just returned home on friday 5 july 2012 form our trip to Malta.. We stayed in what was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in the last 15 yrs of going abroad. We checked in thursday the 28. We arrived at hotel at 10 and at 1125 we were not still checked in and baring in mind there was no one else to be checked in.
The man at reception left us for exactly 45 minuets before even acknowledging 3 of us were standing in front of him when we did speak he then hit us with a barrage of insults and shouted at us that he was doing the work of 5 maybe and he was over worked and that he would check us in when he was ready and if it suited him... He was rude obnoxiousness and aggressive . to say the least.
We said we would like to be checked in and he then started to shout about how he was over worked and it was lucky for us to be on holiday he ranted on for at least 10 minuets then he came over and stood right up to us as if he was going to strike one of us .. as we call it " he squared up to us..
I then lost the plot. I said look welcome to Malta would be nice and just check us in and Remember who pays your wages he said well u done i said every time a guest checks in to the hotel that pays your wages but i may have been talking to the pc.. he then proceed to throw all the paper work up in air slam the phone down and walk off yet again. Now baring in mind at least 12 guest watched all of this and came over to us and each said they had similar exp .
After another 20 min he returned and told us there was only 1 room free when we had 2 rooms booked and paid for..
So you can imagine how we felt . To make a long story short words were exchanged and eventually after 1 hour and 25 min we finally got to the rooms.
Every morning staff start cleaning at 8 .. Holidays are meant to be relaxing. we dont need cleaners dragging beds around tiled floors at that hour. Maids having a party in hallway shouting and laughing.
Never ever again will i go to that hotel and it has certainly put me of Malta . If this the way they treat their guests well they wont be seeing me again
On exiting the life we saw a cockroach he was dead . That was on Thursday night and on Tuesday morning the cockroach was still there. That means the hall way was not cleaned in 5 days neither hovered or washed.
our experience of PRIMERA HOTEL is nothing less than a dump.
Dont even think of going to it.

Room Tip: Just dont go to this hotel its a shamnbles.
2  Thank Teresa L
Reviewed 2 July 2012

the room we had was not very clean,the bed mattress had stains on it plus what looked like a cigarette burn right through, took photo's of this.the double bed had a single sheet on the bottom so it couldnt be tucked in.the balcony door windows were filthy and needed a clean.the bathroom tiles had black where the grouting should be,the toilet was kept clean but smelt,(dont think they have heard of disinfectant)we just felt grubby in this room.also they didnt put the air conditioning on till late in the week and the room was very stuffy.some of the staff were distant , they shouldnt be in this kind of job if they dont want no contact with you.younger one,s were ok.the food , well very poor, we ate out half way through our stay.summing up i would not recommend this hotel,stay away until they get there act together.definately not a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bristolgiant
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Found the older receiption staff a little unfriendly but the younger ones made up for this. The room was clean and well maintained and free aircon!! Towels changed everyday by friendly staff. The hotel is very close to the main square and when I visited the football eurocup was being screened and was very noisey and also Malta music week with live bands on until around midnight. So if you like a early night this maybe a problem? I did not eat in the hotel so cannot give feedback on this area. My only complaint to the Hotel management was its swimming pool on the roof. After a day out visiting Valletta I was looking forward to a cool dip in the pool, its not large but would be great to cool off. However, it was green and looked uncared for. If your looking forward to useing a hotel pool on your holiday dont book this hotel but if you want a clean, and central room in St Pauls Bay its great!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a round outside, however the higher up the hotel you go the quieter it gets!
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Having just returned from malta a place we love.we are totally devastated by the way we were ,missold this hotel by cooperetive travel.Its ameneties do not come anywhere near the standards they describe, although they do exist in a fashion.I have stayed at this hotel in the past,the last time 7 years ago when it was not fantastic but reasonable.We payed for a superior side seaview for my wife and I and a side seaview for our grandaughter who was with us.they were exactly the same,with the same facilities,and view.The only difference we could find was that our room was a few inches bigger due to the fact the hotel is built wedge shaped.Is this worth the extra I do not think so.The staff were all helpful and pleasant,so no fault there.Now for the major complaint THE FOOD IS ABOMINABLE it defies belief how anyone calling himself a chef can continuously turn out such inedible rubbish unless they are doing it deliberately.We will never go back to this hotel,although we wil be back to malta.Should you find yourself in a similar situation in this area i highly reccomend the Villa Mare restaurant in the square.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank zebon
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I had booked for a week to stay at the Primera hotel and I had not read any reviews so my expectations were quite high. We had asked for a sea view room, when we got there the room wasn't a sea view room and had only one tiny little window which didn't allow any light in. The television did not work and the air condition was inadequate. The main fan was broken and the room only had one working side light, the main lights didn't have any bulbs. The bath room was very basic and in need of repair. The toilet door handle fell off and the toilet didn't flush properly. I had complained to the reception staff for 5 days about these problems but they were not fixed nor did they allow us to move rooms. The breakfast was also of a poor standard. However, I can say that the cleaners did a good job and cleaned the room to a decent standard.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room which has a balcony and decent natural light.
2  Thank Jess O