“Cheap, clean and very basic... Think hostel!!”
Review of Primera Hotel

Primera Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in St. Paul's Bay
“Cheap, clean and very basic... Think hostel!!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I think with the Primera you must remember what you have paid...
Plus points - excellent maid service daily, decent shower, quiet rooms when considering the location and plenty of sun beds.
Down side - the beds felt like they had survived both world wars, the aircon just made a rumbling noise but didnt produce hot or cold air and the toilet didnt flush....
I could go on about the light fixtures being removed so it resembled the black hole of Calcutta... I won't.
On the hole, it was fine, we should of paid more and gone somewhere a little less basic... Call me old fashioned but I prefer to not have springs poking me all night and I do like somw natural light, not to mention a working loo....

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Rachel M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

just got back. I have stayed at this hotel a few times but never again. took over 3 hours to get into room. had booked a twin with balcony and got a single with an extra bed and a cut down headboard. the single balcony had 2 chairs but you could not sit there as there was no room. had no electric, only lights, after 3 complaints still not fixed when I left. the shower curtain was too short so that the floor flooded when you got a shower. the heater/air con did not work. no shelf in bathroom just one bracket on mirror. at mealtimes the reception stunk of old cabbage. the staff did not want to know and the manager was never available. if you stay her don't bother complaining as no one will listen. never again. have been going for 12yrs and this is the worst experience.

Room Tip: check reviews thoroughly before booking. don't go on past stays as I did, a change of management...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bill O

Travellers are raving about these St. Paul's Bay hotels

Glesga, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A very good budget hotel in a good location. It is kept clean and with friendly staff on hand. Breakfast was quite good But dont touch the evening meal, it is not very good, It is better to eat in one of the many restaurants that are close to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel, rooms, breakfast is good, but at Primera hotel is working the best hotel employee Mr. Nandor Stemler. Thank you very much for your help and care. You made our holidays in Malta nice and unforgettable. Best regards from Lithuania and thank you once again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler11339
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had the misfortune of booking this hotel, blind, in May 13, I stayed for 7 nights half board. The food was in edible and I chose to eat out for every meal. How a chef could put that muck up on a hot plate is beyond me. On the taxi ridgeback to the airport I lost my I phone, I emailed the tour operator upon my return, to no avail not even a reply. A very sad end to what isa great island. I am returning to Malta next month, this time I am going all inclusive.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Stuart J
bolton
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The primera is in a great location on the square the rooms are very clean we stayed in a side sea view room, they found us a room straight away because we were not happy with the hotel we were staying in. Would definitely stay again'

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jwaili
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I live in Bugibba, and had to stay here while the apartment I was due to rent became available. I must say that average is all it is for sure, The Rooms are very tired as it the bathroom, the picture that this hotel offers up is by no means standard. the room I had was dingy, I had two windows one offered a view of hardboard that covered it the other was shops. I was directly above the Kebab house and the smell while appealing when one is hungry is not something you wish every time you open a window or door. noise was a problem as my room was 20 feet away from three bars and food outlets. The staff was pleasant enough but I had to push for a room change. even with my room change to the first floor I was disturbed during the night by staff dragging furniture around in the dining area in the early am. To be honest with you if your only interest is somewhere cheap to lay your head at night then this could be all you need. But for me I could not wait to get out of their. This hotel also caters for school groups in the summer so if you want quiet avoid this hotel. try the Santana, the san Antonio or the Dolmen for a better class of hotel. would not stay here again?

Room Tip: The location is great if you want bars and restaurants within crawling distance to your room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
#8 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
The San Anton Hotel
The San Anton Hotel
#7 of 13 in Bugibba

Been to Primera Hotel? Share your experiences!