We were a bit worried after reading some of the reviews but we when we arrived we found it to be a comfortable, extremely friendly and more than adequate hotel to stay in. We booked self catering and were very happy with the facilities (Double hotplate, Microwave, Fridge, plates, cuttlery and everything we needed for our stay. The staff were very helpful and friendly (especially Joyce!) giving us information on places to go, points of interest and the local bus services. There is a bus stop outside the hotel which made traveling around the island very easy. The rooms were clean and extra bedding was provided in the wardrobe, the heating also came on every night at 6 automatically so we were never cold, though there is an option to turn this off if you need to by removing your key card. We had a very large balcony with a lovely view of the bay (Room 214) there was a crane 40 yards away where the hotel are renovating though this did not obscure our view much and made no real difference to us. We didn't pay for all inclusive and were quite glad as there was no vegetarian alternative to the cooked breakfasts. We mainly used the hotel as a base for sightseeing and it was perfect for this. All in all it was a wonderful Holiday the hotel was amasing for the price we paid and we would stay there again at the drop of a hat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Azzurro. The Porto Aparthotel, a family run Aparthotel in Xemxija Bay, is prominently situated overlooking the picturesque St.Paul's Bay with breathtaking views of the Maltese countryside. The resort apartments and hotel rooms are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. The main towns nearby are Mellieha, St Pauls Bay and the tourist resort of Bugibba. The sandy beaches of Golden Sands and Mellieha Bay are less than 3 kilometers away. The hotel's apartments are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. All the apartments have a bathroom or shower en suite, air conditioning, fully equipped kitchen complete with a microwave oven, television, safety deposit box and direct dial telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Azzurro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Azzurro Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Porto Azzurro St Pauls Bay
- Porto Azzurro Malta