My husband and I stayed for 3 weeks from 15th December to 5th January, studio number 616 which overlooked the Bay and surrounding countryside. Studio was brilliant everything in it perfect, nice bathroom, comfy beds and little kitchen with all things needed for self catering and a little table and chairs. The weather was brilliant so much better than I hoped for and almost everyday we tucked ourselves out of the wind (when it was around which wasnt everyday) and we sunbathed by the pool which was clean but cold so we didnt swim there.. We have both come home looking like we went to the Carribean. My husband used the gym and we both went to the indoor pool which was clean and very relaxing. Cant comment about the restaurant in the hotel and we didnt use it, but the surrounding restaurants were all excellent especially "Sammys Tavern" and "The Pit Stop". The location of the hotel is lovely with excellent views and the bus stops are only 3 mins away with a daysaver ticked at 2.60 euros meant that you can explore the Island very cheaply which is what we did.
After reading some bad reviews of the hotel I really think these people must have been to another Hotel, the only thing that I could find fault with was the lighting in the kitchen was poor but certainly not enough to complain about. I would most certainly recommend this hotel to anyone and would absolutely defintely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Azzurro. The Porto Aparthotel, a family run Aparthotel in Xemxija Bay, is prominently situated overlooking the picturesque St.Paul's Bay with breathtaking views of the Maltese countryside. The resort apartments and hotel rooms are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. The main towns nearby are Mellieha, St Pauls Bay and the tourist resort of Bugibba. The sandy beaches of Golden Sands and Mellieha Bay are less than 3 kilometers away. The hotel's apartments are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. All the apartments have a bathroom or shower en suite, air conditioning, fully equipped kitchen complete with a microwave oven, television, safety deposit box and direct dial telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Azzurro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Azzurro Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Porto Azzurro St Pauls Bay
- Porto Azzurro Malta