“Lovely stay at Porto Azzurro”
Review of Porto Azzurro

Porto Azzurro
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in St. Paul's Bay
Dublin
“Lovely stay at Porto Azzurro”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Recently spent 2 weeks in Porto Azzurro, found all staff to be very friendly and helpful, Joanna on reception is a star as is Simon. Alexis, Guest Relations, is extremely helpful, lots of knowledge and nothing is too much trouble for her, a gem. Our apartment was spacious, facilities excellent, cleaned regularly, towel and linen changes etc. The pool area was lovely and good food served at pool bar which was not at all expensive, Trevor the barman was great also. Xemxija is a quiter location, there are some nice restaurants overlooking the harbour, a particular favourite of ours was Beach Haven, up the hill a bit, quite a few steps down but setting fabulous and food great, Munchy Monkey and the second chinese up the road were good too. Bus service excellent, 6.50 for weekly ticket, great way to see the island. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Porto Azzuro and will definately return. Thanks to all for making our holiday so enjoyable and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CaitrionaM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed in the Porto Azzurro from 12th February to 7th May and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. My room was excellent with self catering facilities. The view was good - over the bay and the countryside taking in the Is Simar nature reserve.The buses were cheap and convenient and took me wherever I wanted to go. Best of all though the lovely staff from the ladies who cleaned my room and the maintenance men to the receptionists, and even Charlot the manager.Nothing was too much trouble. They are all the best! I have to give a special mention to the lovely Alexis. She helped me in lots of ways but because of her I have bought a timeshare taster and I can't wait to go back next year and no doubt for many years to come - there is lots to do in Malta for people of all ages and I don't think I'll ever manage to do all I want to do but I'll certainly try with the help of people like Alexis, Rachel Lucille and all the other lovely people. Thankyou so much

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the top floor. The Penthouse would be an excellent choice!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have visited this apartment complex many times; it suits us very well - quiet and relaxing. Nice pool area, newly refurbed poolside café/bar. number of nice restaurants within short walking distance. In-house restaurant was not tested, so not part of this review. Guest Relations Manager Alexis Meylaq was again attentive and friendly, extending a warm personal welcome.

Room Tip: Request an apartment on 4th floor or higher. I you want sun in morning, request one facing the back...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Ideal for us and visited many times. As always thanks to Alexis for the hard work that she does. Amazing poolside bar which has been totally renovated Love Malta - Love Porto Azzuro. You have to visit Gozo, Comino and the Blue Lagoon. Try evening swimming from a Turkish Gulet off St Paul's Island!!! Wonderful.

Stayed July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

just spent 1 week at this hotel with my husband has its ups and downs. The room we stayed in had no balcony or terrace just a brick wall facing us as you opened the curtains was very dissapointed, the room was very dark had to keep lights on most of the time we was in the room,.We had been in the room for 4 days before any maids went in and cleaned. but the room overall was clean when we arrived . The pool area was ok but the pool water was very dirty did not see anybody cleaning the pool water at anytime there was other people saying it did not look clean so was very worried about swimming in there. The bar area was very nice to relax at night and drink prices were ok.The hotel does advertise bbq night in the brouchure and online but no bbq night when we was there and we stayed for one week.The indoor pool was good cleaner than the outdoor pool and the gym was very good to.Avoid the shop very expensive and did not sell much. If booking this hotel and wanted a quiet week would advise you to ring hotel as lots of students arrived in groups and was very noisy round the pool area and in the rooms. The receptionist joanne was very helpfull and very nice but we found some off the other staff on reception not very polite.

Room Tip: we asked for a room with balcony or terrace but did not get one so maybe phone hotel and ask to make...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
malta
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I bought a deal online for me and my mum to spend a lovely day by the pool at this place and unfortunately it turned out to be a nasty idea. First of all I don't advise nobody to go there because service is horrible and receptionist is one hell of a nightmare. The moment I've tried to book for this day, nobody answererd my call and when they did, I was told to phone again because the person incharge wasn't there.In all I phoned all week and this should gave me a sign that the place I was going to was a disaster.

When we arrived, (Friday 11th July) the lady at the reception area was babling words and she wasn't helpful at all. When I politely asked here at what time lunch was being served, she pointed out arrogantly enough that it was during 12pm, as if I live there and know every inch of this place. To sum up, pool outside was way too too small and dirty with loads of floating items. We didn't swim and when we used the toilets, they were filthy too and loads of cobwebs and insects dangling through the wall.

However, I must say that when we took our lunch (which was included in the voucher), we were glad at least that the food was very good. Just to point things out, if you eat at the pool are items are really pricey e.g classic burger with fries is €9!! But it was good at least..

This is the first and surely the last time that I am visiting this place. Don't bother to go there!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank inlovewithfood o

Travellers are raving about these St. Paul's Bay hotels

Langham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have been visiting Porto Azzurro now for several years and go twice a year June and October
It is situated in the North of the Island overlooking St Pauls Bay. It is a friendly Hotel the staff have been working there fipr several years and nothing is too much trouble Any questions or requirements then Alexis Mellaq never fails to come up with the answers

Room Tip: Overlooking swimming pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Solana Hotel
Solana Hotel
#3 of 12 in Mellieha

Been to Porto Azzurro? Share your experiences!