We returned from a week break at the Porto Azzuro last Tuesday, and felt the need to defend the place which has had so many negative comments on here. In all honesty I was absolutely dreading staying here, but was pleasantly suprised when I unlocked the door to our 1 bed apartment. Granted the room was a little tired, but it was clean. The bed linen and towels were clean and fresh, the fridge was spotless as was the microwave and toaster. The bathroom again a bit weary but the shower was excellent and unlike many places I have stayed there was endless hot water. Dont let the comment about the pool being across the road put you off, this road is purely an area for hotel guests car parking, it is basically a cul de sac and therefore is not open to thru traffic. I loved the pool area, there were plenty of sunbeds, and although the pool doesn't officially open until 9, you will find plenty of towels reserving the best sunbeds from about 7.30am. As for the timeshare people, yes there are a number of them they have an office up near the pool bar and although I did see them turning up for work at about 9.30 am every morning, not once was I approached by them, nor did I see them approach anyone else by the pool. They were there representing Club Malta, and giving presentations for those holiday makers who wanted them. They certainly didn't bother us. Xemxija itself is fairly quiet, there are a handful of nice restaurants, in particular we liked the Fortress and Eureka, two completely different eateries, but both serving excellent food. The views across the harbour to St Pauls Bay are delightful. We wanted a relaxing Holiday and that is exactly what we got, not much to do for my 15 year old daughter in the way of nightlife, if you want busy bars and clubs then you need to head to Buggiba. All in all we had a good holiday and wouldn't have a problem staying at the Porto Azzuro again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Azzurro. The Porto Aparthotel, a family run Aparthotel in Xemxija Bay, is prominently situated overlooking the picturesque St.Paul's Bay with breathtaking views of the Maltese countryside. The resort apartments and hotel rooms are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. The main towns nearby are Mellieha, St Pauls Bay and the tourist resort of Bugibba. The sandy beaches of Golden Sands and Mellieha Bay are less than 3 kilometers away. The hotel's apartments are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. All the apartments have a bathroom or shower en suite, air conditioning, fully equipped kitchen complete with a microwave oven, television, safety deposit box and direct dial telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Porto Azzurro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Azzurro Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Porto Azzurro St Pauls Bay
- Porto Azzurro Malta