May is definitely the time to go for Malta - not too busy and not too hot!
Qawra and Bugibba are definitely the 'British tourist' end of the island - an explosion of intensive building of timeshare apartments and hotels, and fish-and-chips and tetley t-bags available at every corner. This resort is a couple of streets in from the seafront, but the poolside rooms make up for that. The apartment was perfect - really well fitted out, clean, contemporary design and two balconies overlooking the pool, and the staff were fantastic, especially the cleaning team who kept the rooms spotless.
The Malta we were looking for was further afield, but since the bus service is incredibly cheap and very efficient, and car hire likewise really good value for money (don't bother booking online before you go, you'll get a great deal once you're there), it was really easy to get out and about to explore the rest of the island.
We loved Malta, and would happily go back. We would probably opt for different accommodation in another part of the island, but we were happy to use this apartment as a base this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where family comfort meets the true splendor of the Mediterranean. Club Salina Wharf offers you a superior vacation, with all the facilities and necessities for a wonderful and relaxed holiday. It combines luxurious accommodation with plenty of amenities whether you are looking for a quiet getaway or a fun-filled vacation. The tranquil resort is located just two minutes walk from the inviting ...blue Mediterranean Qawra Front, a diving school and water sports facilities. The surrounding area known as Bugibba is bustling with a variety of restaurants, nightclubs, bars, a cinema complex, bingo hall, children’s activities, seaside promenade, shops and a casino.In-house facilities ensure you feel completely at home here. Relax by our indoor and outdoor pools, be entertained in our pub, well fed in our restaurant and welcomed by our friendly staff. Everything you require for your stress- free break is right here on your doorstep. General Information: At Club Salina Wharf we realize how much your holiday means to you and have tailored the resort to include the luxuries and facilities that guests appreciate most:• Outdoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Heated indoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Jacuzzis- Sauna• Billiard & games room• Internet Cafe• Outdoor competitions (seasonal), - Swimming races, Treasure hunts, Darts, Crafts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotelopia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your Club Salina Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Salina Wharf Hotel Qawra
- Club Salina Wharf Malta/Qawra