Club Salina Wharf
US$361
US$70
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe busapartment was spaciousoutdoor poolbad reviewsbars and restaurantsplenty of sunbedssea frontcleaned dailytoasterritabugibbaleakeurocleaners
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I booked a long weekend in this hotel with my 2 friends from Friday to Monday. We arrived at 11.30am only to be told our room wasnt ready til 4pm?. When we finally got key they had put us on 3rd floor with 3flights of stairs and im asthmatic. My friends viewed room and said it smelled of damp. We asked reception for a different room as I couldnt climb all those stairs and because of the smell.they said I never requested room on ground floor , they never had any free rooms and to open windows for the smell. Manager came in at 4pm and offered us a ground floor room . We viewed it and it absolutely stunk of damp and mould which is bad for my asthma. He told us to open windows too. He also said we would be charged an extra 20euro per night as it slept 6 and there were 3 of us. We took room as we had wasted 1st day of our break trying to get a room. When we opened the walk in wardrobe we found out where the smell was coming from.. black mould all up the walls and ceiling. All around the bath too and kitchen sink. Mould mould everywhere. Ruined my holiday as my asthma was so bad for the 3 nights. Air conditioning was clogged up with dust and fluff so couldnt put it on. We were fed up complaining and getting nowhere so we just made the most of what time we had left there and stayed out of the hotel as much as we could. Food was awful too. Nothing like the pictures on the hotel website. in fact nothing on the hotel website is true to life ... full stop.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank sueyfooey
Clubsalinawharf A, Manager at Club Salina Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry that we could not meet your accommodation request on arrival as it was not received from the travel agent.

In order to assist and meet your requirement, we offered the only two bedroom apartment available on the day which was confirmed by yourselves before moving into. Please accept our sincere apology for not having more apartments to show you during your three night stay.

I am also very sorry that you did not enjoy your satisfaction and please do not hesitate to contact me direct on aldo@clubsalina.com

Reviewed 31 August 2013

On the 16th august we checked in at the Salina Wharf, the room that we had reserved was the 303 but, when we got there, the receptionist sent us to the 102. This room was in some kind of basement, the view from the window was a wall, the smell was also a bit strange. When we brought this to the atention of the staff, the BALD GUY that was there, was arrogant and not very polite. He even told us to find other hotel and turned his back on us. After some calls to our travel agency, and more than one hour later, another member of the staff finally got us another room. They also charge 50 euros for the air conditioner and 15 euros for cable TV, even though we never asked for cable TV.

Room Tip: Never accept the first floor apartments.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank RitaFernandes2013
Clubsalinawharf A, Manager at Club Salina Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for travelling to Malta and choosing the Club Salina Wharf for your stay.

We are very sorry that the apartment allocated on arrival was not to your satisfaction, however after getting all the information, our uniformed reception team member reacted immediately and found an alternative apartment which was accepted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked this hotel through a third party for our honeymoon. Unfortunately this third party had only paid for one night's stay (which would not have happened had they booked directly through the hotel's website)! The hotel staff were incredibly patient and hospitable while the situation was resolved. They recognised that my husband and I were on our honeymoon and were extremely accommodating in every aspect! Staff were very helpful and always greeted us with a smile... for the hospitality alone we will go back! The hotel itself is in a great location, we never had to walk far to find anything yet were shielded from the noise of the main street. The apartment we stayed in was a silver one bedroom, and was spacious, clean and welcoming with a lovely contemporary feel to the design! Very highly recommended by me and my husband!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Clubsalinawharf A, Manager at Club Salina Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Club Salina Wharf.

I am very happy to read that you really enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our guests service, our location, our apartments and the friendliness of our staff.

I am glad to read that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

4th visit and everytime my family and I enjoy the place even more.From the moment we enter the hotel we feel very welcome.
This time the swimming pool had been totally renewed and looked good . everywhere looked fresher with a new pool bar and childrens play area.
We ate breakfast every day in the restaurant and several times in the evening which were very enjoyable.
We stay in a superb 2 bed silver apartment which we love.
Our only negatives are the lack of quality entertainmentboth daytime and evening
I dont believe it would cost too much to have saysomeone to do things with children during the dayand the odd evening.ALthough they all get on welland play great a bit of variety would help everyone.
In the evening martin elvis is great with everyone but if the children were kept busy around evening time, families would stay in the hotel to eat and drink.
Other than those suggestions we will be back at next easter and summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Clubsalinawharf A, Manager at Club Salina Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for considering the Club Salina Wharf once again for your stay in Malta.

Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay.I am pleased that you really liked your apartment, pool area, our two bar facilities and as well as our children play area.

It is also great to hear that you found our staff to be very welcoming.

We will be planning to have a different entertainment program for the next season as introducing Folklor Nights whilst offering entertainment for adults and their small ones.

I am happy to read that on your forth visit, we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very nice welcoming, perfect service.
Spacious accommodations, very quiet with a perfect sea-view.
The food is about quality, the breakfast is variable, large and heavy. This is surprising because it is half buffet and half to order, but finally very nice thanks to the relationships with the guests. . Only one negative point: the breakfast starts beginning a little late that is not practical for those who wake up earlier.
The central pool is very large, comfortable and quiet.
The accommodations are clean and well maintained (bedrooms, bathrooms, pool…)
This is a family environment both inside and outside. The environment is very good for a family and quiet as the hotel that outside and the walk along the sea with its restaurants are an interesting asset.
We recommend this hotel for good Maltese holidays.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for travelling to Malta and considered to stay at the Club Salina Wharf.

I am very happy to read that you were very satisfied with the service offered and that you enjoyed your accommodation, food quality, pool areas and overall cleanliness of the hotel.

We will also be looking into the service times for breakfast and extending the service in the coming days.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.