Myself and my partner have just returned from the most amazing stay in Malta, we decided on a visit as we are looking to move out to this beautiful island away from crazy London (it was that beautiful we've decided to bring the move forward by a year). We decided on the Club Salina mainly due to comments on here, the hotel had taken the time to respond to peoples comments which I think shows how much the hotel values the guests feedback.
I cannot fault the Club Salina at all, I work in a hotel myself so I find I am extremely fussy and a nightmare when choosing somewhere to stay (my other half is very fussy also think he is more of a nightmare than me)!! unfortunately working in the industry you tend to find more faults than most haha. I contacted prior to arrival and asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper, the hotel got back to me promptly and promised to help as much as they could be giving a more secluded room... thank you so much for this the room was perfect and we heard no noise all week :-) We found the hotel throughout to be extremely clean and tidy from reception, to all outside areas and our room was spotless and maintained all week, with fresh towels daily. The hotel offer’s fantastic facilities and the option of both outdoor and indoor pool is great, the indoor pool also open quite late which is fantastic if you've been out sightseeing all day and fancy a relaxing swim when you return. Apartments were spacious, well equipped, as mentioned very clean, perfect for couple or family holidays.
I mostly have to thank the reception staff, I am most upset I did not write the ladies names down so I can thank personally... they are a credit to the company I know a few members were new and in training but they are doing an amazing job, very helpful, went the extra mile and advised on things to do and the best way to travel around the island. Always polite and willing to go the extra mile to help and assist.
Location wise there is lots of restaurants, bars, shops, the hotel is so centrally located its perfect. If you do walk down the promenade there is not as many shops and restaurants but if you walk down the side streets there is "tourist street" which is completely full of everything... it did take us several days to find this because we walked the long way round enjoying the sea view :-) and did not realise there was so much on offer. Best restaurant in the area we found was Luzzu which was on the sea front about a five minute walk from the hotel, the service was the best we received in Malta and the food was delicious and so fresh. Highly recommended.
As people have mentioned best way to travel is by local bus service, very cheap and the tickets take you all over the island and can be used as many times you want in a day… hop on and hop off service. Sundays due to a limited Sunday service the buses still operate but seemed to be much busier, we found if the first bus that appeared was completely full to burst, we waited for the next one which always seemed to appear 5 mins later and was much emptier. The bus terminal is about a 5-10 min walk from the hotel anyway, if you take the bus from here it’s the first stop its picks up from so easier to get a seat. We also found the taxi transfer service from the airport to be reasonable and loads of taxi’s waiting, you pay at a kiosk a flat rate for the area you wish to travel too, so the taxi drivers cannot make up prices.
Highly recommend taking a day trip to GOZO … local bus service takes you to the ferry terminal, the ferry service is approx. 20 minutes journey and cost about 5 euros each for a return journey and the ferry runs 24hrs.
Want to take the opportunity again to thank Club Salina for a fantastic stay, we will definitely recommend you to everyone we know and will stay with you again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where family comfort meets the true splendor of the Mediterranean. Club Salina Wharf offers you a superior vacation, with all the facilities and necessities for a wonderful and relaxed holiday. It combines luxurious accommodation with plenty of amenities whether you are looking for a quiet getaway or a fun-filled vacation. The tranquil resort is located just two minutes walk from the inviting ...blue Mediterranean Qawra Front, a diving school and water sports facilities. The surrounding area known as Bugibba is bustling with a variety of restaurants, nightclubs, bars, a cinema complex, bingo hall, children’s activities, seaside promenade, shops and a casino.In-house facilities ensure you feel completely at home here. Relax by our indoor and outdoor pools, be entertained in our pub, well fed in our restaurant and welcomed by our friendly staff. Everything you require for your stress- free break is right here on your doorstep. General Information: At Club Salina Wharf we realize how much your holiday means to you and have tailored the resort to include the luxuries and facilities that guests appreciate most:• Outdoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Heated indoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Jacuzzis- Sauna• Billiard & games room• Internet Cafe• Outdoor competitions (seasonal), - Swimming races, Treasure hunts, Darts, Crafts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Priceline, Lastminute, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Salina Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Salina Wharf Hotel Qawra
- Club Salina Wharf Malta/Qawra