My wife and I booked a week at Salina Wharf in May 2014 through Thomas Cook.
After a very early 1am start from the UK for airport check in at 3am, we were tired and looking forward to a shower and a sleep when we got to the hotel at 10am. We were told our room would not be ready until 4pm and given the key to the luggage room downstairs. As it was hot we needed to change clothes and had to do this in the cramped luggage room with people coming and going, not ideal.
We decided to go out and find some food but having just walked out of the hotel we were accosted by a cockney woman who invited us back inside for "a free drink and a chat about places to go". I am not a naive person so immediately asked is this timeshare? She said "no, we are based in the hotel, no one does timeshare"
You can guess what happened next. We were held captive for over an hour by Realistix Solutions, very unprofessional people who kept asking us the same questions and not getting to the point. When I finally clicked this was a holiday club scheme and asked what the fee was, indicating that I was not interested and wanted to go for food, they kept going over the same spiel and very tediously working through their shabby brochure and script. We finally walked away after an hour and a half, still not having been told what the fee was.
So - at 3pm we asked about a room and were told it was ready. It was on the third floor, and immediately smelled really badly of damp and there were mould stains on the wall. I went for a shower and found that the bathroom door did not fit the frame and would not shut.
My wife said she was going to reception to take back a mouldy picture that was on the bedroom wall, unknown to me she complained bitterly about the room to the receptionist, and became quite upset as the stresses of the day got to her. Receptionist panicked and went to get the manager. He showed her to a much better apartment on the ground floor which was in a much better condition and from then on we had a good holiday, Malta is a lovely place with lots of interesting things to do. But this review is about the hotel. We didn't eat in the bar or use the pool so I can't comment on them.
As we were being driven back to the airport our (English) driver asked us what we thought of "the timeshare hotel" so it is widely known that they operate from there.
So - if you book here, make sure you get one of the good rooms, and don't be enticed by the timeshare reps hanging around reception, and you should be OK.........
To the hotel - timeshare reps should not be allowed to pounce on weary guests who have not even been allocated a room yet, it reflects badly on you. And please do something about the mouldy rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where family comfort meets the true splendor of the Mediterranean. Club Salina Wharf offers you a superior vacation, with all the facilities and necessities for a wonderful and relaxed holiday. It combines luxurious accommodation with plenty of amenities whether you are looking for a quiet getaway or a fun-filled vacation. The tranquil resort is located just two minutes walk from the inviting ...blue Mediterranean Qawra Front, a diving school and water sports facilities. The surrounding area known as Bugibba is bustling with a variety of restaurants, nightclubs, bars, a cinema complex, bingo hall, children’s activities, seaside promenade, shops and a casino.In-house facilities ensure you feel completely at home here. Relax by our indoor and outdoor pools, be entertained in our pub, well fed in our restaurant and welcomed by our friendly staff. Everything you require for your stress- free break is right here on your doorstep. General Information: At Club Salina Wharf we realize how much your holiday means to you and have tailored the resort to include the luxuries and facilities that guests appreciate most:• Outdoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Heated indoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Jacuzzis- Sauna• Billiard & games room• Internet Cafe• Outdoor competitions (seasonal), - Swimming races, Treasure hunts, Darts, Crafts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Lastminute, Odigeo, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Salina Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Salina Wharf Hotel Qawra
- Club Salina Wharf Malta/Qawra