We stayed here in August 2014 in a bronze 2 bed apartment. The apartment was clean and comfortable, nothing amazing but fine for a family with children. They accommodated us by putting a third pull out bed in the apartment so we didn't need to use the sofa bed. We had clean towels daily and the fresh sheets half way through the week. The apartment was furnished well and would be fine for self catering as there is a big supermarket 5 min walk away. The air conditioning needed some attention as it was old and needed cleaning out properly to work effectively. It was very noisy so we didn't have it on at night. We were on the front of the hotel on the ground floor which actually was great as it was quiet and the children could play in the little seating area outside our apartment which was safely away from the road. Room 119.
The pool area was ok, it needed some TLC especially the grating round the edge of the pool which was broken in places and algae green! The pool itself was fine if you like swimming around in sweat and sun lotion- but I guess most of the hotel pools are the same. Personally I hate public pools so I'm not best placed to judge. However I did notice someone cleaning it out in the mornings.
We opted for half board which in hindsight was not a great move. Breakfast was fine and a good choice. The evening meal was very hit and miss. We were given a set menu each day and had to choose from that not the main menu which was a bit disappointing and restrictive.(We hadn't been told about this previously). The food was not great! The children had a very limited choice although having said that they did try and accommodate their fussy needs. We ate out a few times but to be honest if you want cordon bleu don't go to Malta!
Overall we found the staff pleasant and helpful- but I got the impression they are pretty fed up of loud Brits so they can seem off hand at first but if you are polite to them they are polite back-Simple isn't it ?
If you want a simple holiday with nothing flash then there is nothing wrong with Salina Wharf. If you are looking for something spectacular then you will have to bite the bullet and fork out for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where family comfort meets the true splendor of the Mediterranean. Club Salina Wharf offers you a superior vacation, with all the facilities and necessities for a wonderful and relaxed holiday. It combines luxurious accommodation with plenty of amenities whether you are looking for a quiet getaway or a fun-filled vacation. The tranquil resort is located just two minutes walk from the inviting ...blue Mediterranean Qawra Front, a diving school and water sports facilities. The surrounding area known as Bugibba is bustling with a variety of restaurants, nightclubs, bars, a cinema complex, bingo hall, children’s activities, seaside promenade, shops and a casino.In-house facilities ensure you feel completely at home here. Relax by our indoor and outdoor pools, be entertained in our pub, well fed in our restaurant and welcomed by our friendly staff. Everything you require for your stress- free break is right here on your doorstep. General Information: At Club Salina Wharf we realize how much your holiday means to you and have tailored the resort to include the luxuries and facilities that guests appreciate most:• Outdoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Heated indoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Jacuzzis- Sauna• Billiard & games room• Internet Cafe• Outdoor competitions (seasonal), - Swimming races, Treasure hunts, Darts, Crafts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotelopia, Lastminute, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Salina Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Salina Wharf Hotel Qawra
- Club Salina Wharf Malta/Qawra