“The best view from table on the island”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #37 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Chinese, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This restaurant is right on the seafront, you can almost touch the sea from the table. We went there specifically for seafood but they had a Chinese menu as well. Great service and reasonable prices. Red maltese wine should also be sampled here.

2  Thank Sead J

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The best food in Qawra, after three weeks we tried most places. Also the best location downstairs where you can sit by the sea. I don't know about working conditions, but if the owner does not appreciate his staff it's tragic. The service is excellent and the food homemade by a geeat chef (including the beef burgers). Warmly recommended.

2  Thank Kristine T
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I saw this little place, it looked like a shack jutting out over the ocean and I was drawn in by it's rustic charm, but avoided it initially because there was no one eating there and it said "Chinese", "Pizza", "Fish" on the windows that I thought was a little odd.

I'm so glad I decided to give it a try. I had the fresh grilled swordfish and no tell of a lie, the steak was the size of the plate. It was like an episode of Man vs Food, but I ate it all because it was so fresh and so delicious it would have been an insult to my taste buds not to. A friend had the Maltese Pizza and said it was the best pizza she'd ever had. I tried the cheese and she was right.

The only thing to rival the food was the view. Absolutely stunning visit of Qawra harbour. I'd eat there every week if it wasn't a 3 hour plane trip away.

2  Thank superawesomeme
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife and I enjoyed two evening meals here on a recent holiday. The food was very good and the service was excellent, though the one waitress came under pressure when more customers arrived, but she remained diligent. The location and view over Salina Bay was really nice.

2  Thank malcolmkayes
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I have been visiting this place almost everyday during my two weeks holiday. I agree food is great, drinks are great but the owner of that place is not taking care about customers he had great manager and good team but he treat them and is still treating like animals" watching each movement on camera but the worse is that he is not paying wages!!! he not a manager he is not even a humen, how you can treat people in such a way.... So please if you will viist that place say good word to waters because that is all what they have...-