“Perfect.”
Review of Il Palazzin Hotel

Il Palazzin Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have stayed in many places in Malta over the past 16 years and I am sorry that I have only just discovered this little gem of a hotel. I was in Malta for 4 weeks but only two of them here - I spent the next 2 weeks trying to get back in!! Once you have been here no where else will be as good. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the hotel as a whole has a lovely ambience that made me feel at 'home' straight away. Without doubt the BEST thing about the hotel are the staff, they are without doubt the best team of hotel staff I have experienced. They are first rate and clearly like working together and at that hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and any issues were sorted swiflty and with a smile. I was very impressed with every one who works there. The restaurant is immaculately clean and run extremely efficiently. I am the world's fussiest eater but I enjoyed every meal ( especially the sprouts :) ). The management of this hotel clearly understand how to run and maintain a good and happy team and this then impacts on the guests. Other hotels could do with looking at how this one is run and take notes!!

I will never stay anywhere else now when I visit and I would suggest that you look no further if you want a quiet, relaxing place to stay whilst in Malta this is the place to go! You will be looked after very well I guarantee it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank vonnya75
There are newer reviews for Il Palazzin Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2013

we liked that hotel. it was amazingly clean. all personal super polite and friendly. :)) balcony is enough big
just we didnt liked that swimming pool closing so early. and very poor and boring till death food.
I would recommend that place for sure.
And we will come back there next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We travelled as a family of four with 17 and 18 year old daughters. We were based on the first floor which was convenient, we were not given rooms next to each other but on reflection this was not an issue as it gave the girls abit of freedom from us! The rooms were cleaned each day, we never had a problem with the maids as others have said as we were always up for breakfast by 8am and the room was normally cleaned by the time we had had breakfast. Clean towels were provided each day. Breakfast was good with alot of choice but us English like our bacon so this would have been welcome.
We stayed half board and the evening meal choices were excellent, I had my bithday whilst there and when we arrived in the restaurant we had a reserved table and at the end of our meal a lovely cake was brought out with candles, this was on the house! My only criticism is that dinner is served between 6.30 and 8.30 , i think that if this was extended to 9.30 it would be more convenient.
The pool was cleaned every other day to a high standard, found it abit strange that the pool is only open between 10am and 6pm which is abit restrictive, however people were still using the pool some evenings till 7pm!
We found all the staff to be pleasant and helpful, special mentions to Roselyn on reception, James in the restaurant and Simon the manager.
l would definately consider this hotel in the future ad we travel to Malta quite alot.
There is a lovely little bar called Crazy Daisys just around the corner, prices are good - €2 for a spirit or lager. You also get nibbles with your drink and free wifi !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kiraManchester
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We have spent 5 days in this hotel and we stayed well, especially thanks to miss roselyn who gave us a lot of information.the room was clean but the staff not even respect the card do not disturb.thank also to mr simon.hotel suggested.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mirk01981
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've just come back from a 10 day trip to Malta staying at ll palazzin. 4 star hotels in Malta are not of the same standard as a 4 star in the uk. So anybody expecting this will be dissappointed. However ll palazzin is a good Maltese 4 star hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the room I stayed in was a good size and very clean. Breakfast consisted of a choice of hot and cold food and was good. The two occasions I had dinner at the hotel the choice was good and the food cooked very well and plentiful. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you want value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel has unfriendly staff that don't seem to appreciate your business. The room are exceptionally old and well in need of a refurb and the bathrooms are nicer in a good hostel. The breakfast was shocking with seemingly nothing palatable there to drink.
I would avoid this place in the future. If you've spent time in decent budget hotels, you will be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 12 August 2013

You pay for what you get....but you get a bit more with this hotel! I wasn't expecting anything amazing by any means but I was really pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in a quiet location, 5 minute walk to the sea front and 10 mins to the main bus station, it is clean, the room was good, the pool was great and the staff were really welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was simple, a bit repetitive but did the job! I would recommend the B&B option as food in the local restaurants is good and reasonably priced.

late 20's early 30's couple - Would definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucyJHowarth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Topaz Hotel
#7 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Hotel Santana
Hotel Santana
#4 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Il Palazzin Hotel? Share your experiences!