Canifor Hotel
US$296
US$94
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,906 results
All reviewssoupsbus stationbudget hotelbad reviewstowels changed dailyfresh towelsplenty of choicesea front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from 3 weeks at the Canifor Hotel in Malta. This is a Cheap hotel and offers a good base to see Malta. There is no way that this is a 4 star hotel but what you get is a clean well run hotel. The staff are friendly and always busy the beds are changed every other day clean towels everyday and rooms cleaned everyday. The biggest let down was the food Burned toast and hard eggs and under cooked bacon every morning. The evening meal was mostly OK soup was always good but some of the meats were a bit grim. We always found something to have but we always had a good lunch out so could get by with a small evening meal. Trying to get a drink with your meal was a bit hit and miss with the waiters not always coming to see if we required anything. We enjoyed being near to the bus station for getting around and there are some very good bars nearby. The pool was cleaned and repainted while we were there so look a lot better. WE would go back to The Canifor as we know what to expect and it is very cheap to stay there, We paid extra for a larger room overlooking the pool which we are glad we did as we got the sun in the mornings. If you go don't expect too much and just use it as a base to see Malta and enjoy the local bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Not a great view from any room but overlooking the pool was OK.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I suppose this hotel can be classed as reasonable given the price we paid BUT how it gets a 4 star rating is a bit beyond me.If it was in the UK it would maybe scrape 3.The food was reasonable and varied,the public areas were fairly good, the staff were very good.What let it down in my experience was the size,quality and cleanliness of a supposedly "Superior room".I do not go away to watch tv. but the postage stamp sized one in situ did not impress me either.It is a Quite well situated hotel being not too far from the front,the town and the bus station.Would I go again though?....probably not.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank alan_jepson
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I'm just back from my third time in the Canifor Hotel, Qawra and I can't fault it! It's excellent value for money. The room had a lovely view over the pool and beyond and was spotless as usual. The food was really lovely and the staff so helpful and friendly. The hotel is ideally situated near the sea and only a five minute walk from the bus station. Qawra is a beautiful resort and the Maltese people are so lovely and friendly. I intend to keep returning twice a year, although Chevron have almost doubled their prices, so I will have to find some other company to go with. Now that I've found this hotel and resort, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: I was in Room 321 this time which was really big and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Nicola S
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Not a 4* low budget low service poor quality food,good room size kept clean every day good location
At this hotel you certainly get what you pay
I would only return on room only if I was pushed!
Dated room furniture worn bedding
Dirty pool
Theirs a lot better two star hotels in Liverpool
Could not recommend this to anyone
When checking out could not even get a smile of receptionist
Front of desk skills not!
Overall very disappointed
The only thing OK was the bottled cisk thank heavens
Breakfast was poor only went down three times of a seven night stay
Evening meal very bland
Canteen was very tight more like an assault course
The best part of this hotel was the exit

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ciskilike
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have stayed in the Canifor Hotel on several occasions.
We have always found our room to be spacious & clean, with a maid service every day.
Towels changed daily also bedding changed on a regular basis.
The staff are very pleasant. Tony the barman is a great fun guy.
The hotel is ideally situated close to the bus station which is a bonus.
We always stay H B ,as we like to venture out for the day.
Lots of choice at meal times
We usually stay at Christmas & will be hopefully, be returning again this year

Room Tip: Malta has lot's of culture
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple