“Which Hotel?”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Coventry
“Which Hotel?”
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I would love to know which hotel some of these people that have written some of these amazing reviews stayed at? Definateley not the same one as me. For what we payed, £966 for two on an AI basis for 10days over New Year. When you break it down further,flight,,flight supplements etc I think it's a bargain.
I've been back in the country 3 hours and am freezing,wishing i was back in Malta.
OK. Lets start with the staff. Some of you say the bar staff were rude. Did you know his name? Or even bother to find out? Doubt it. I stood waiting to be served and listened to the amount of abuse the bar staff took off the senior generation. I speak to people the way i would like to be spoken to as i did on this holiday. I found Tony (barmans name} to be a really nice guy and very efficient at hiis job. The rest of the staff were just the same,amazing if you smile at someone and say hello. You get a reaction.
We were in room 106. The room was cleaned everyday, including New Years Day. Towels changed daily. Young girl was very good,am sorry forgot to leave her a tip. The only thing tired in 106 was us.
The fooooood. Remember this is mass catering.Anybody that complains about the food must eat like a king at home. There was something there for everybody. I never payed for fruit. You had to ask for fruit and icecream(mmm). The pork is to die for, i have never tasted anything like it. The New Years dinner was very nice. Lovely salads. Before i left this morning i went to find one of the chefs,shook his hand and thanked him for the food.
The hotel is not a 4* but it try's, the all inclusive is not as good as some we have had. The beer is very cold and boring , the brandy,not bad for local, is very strong.
Friday and saturday is when the locals come in to dance to Rosi and Jim with their organ. Not for me,but some liked it. We met some nice people there, in particular Roy and Jackie.Hope your OK?x The hotel is ideal for the bus station (200 yards),time share touts are all around the place,beaware. It is NOT wheelchair or mobility friendly. Would i honestly go back??? Yes. To those of you thinking about going and read these reviews and thinking(as we did) "oh my god, Do i or dont i?" Go for it,Believe me if i thought this place was rubbish i would say so. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and unless we find something similar in Cyprus around that price range,we will be back for next New Year,. There should be plenty of room as all the complainers will be in Blackpool or Yarmouth.Hope everyone that was thereis fit and well.XX

1 Thank covcol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Leicester
Reviewed 6 January 2010

stayed at this hotel over xmas and new year. It certainly is not a 4 star hotel by any means and would struggle to be a 2 star. Went all inclusive, had to pay 3.50 euro for tea making facilities in the room, and on top of that had to pay for water, if you wanted fruit, you also had to pay for this. The rooms are very basic, and cleanliness was not up to what you would expect for a 4 star hotel. The entertainment was poor, unless you were a local resident, who used it as their local bar for dancing in the evening. Both my wife and I found the bar staff to be very rude, and on this occasion had to complain about two of them who constantly used bad language. The problem seemed to be that they were not very happy about all inclusive, as they were losing out on tips, hence the better treatment to the locals. Food was very basic and boring, sometimes the plates would be very hot, other times barely warm. Only one brand of beer available, which tasted foul. All in all I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone. If anyone thinks that my comments are a bit harsh, then by all means go and check it out

• Stayed December 2009
2 Thank jevansleicester

Travellers are raving about these Qawra hotels

wolves
Reviewed 28 December 2009

my husband and I stayed at this hotel the same time as the raylovemachine, we do agree with some of his comments, however we also believe that you get what you pay for, and no one I saw went hungry. the food couldve been served hotter but most hotels i have stayed in abroad this is nearly always the case.
having eaten the food I nor my husband suffered any ill effects and feel that this tummy bug couldve been taken to the hotel. i fee that if it had have been the food everyone wouldve come down with the illness, as I stated above the rooms were very tired and needed redecorating but as stated previously you get what you pay for you are not goingto get champagne for lemonade money. compliments to the cleaning staff that worked very hard they were definatey five star. remaining staff in the dining room bordered on utter rudeness , maybe their culture??????????? definately not four star a basic three.

1 Thank looneytune14
wales
Reviewed 27 December 2009

good all round holiday perhaps you would like to ask the person who calls himself rayl ovemachine where he had his meals as on several occasions he was sat next to my wife and myself IN THE CANIFOR HOTEL up to the time he left dont let the few spoil it for everyone else he was nicknamed the shop steward

u/k
Reviewed 13 December 2009

the hotel is well sighted handy to small pubs /resturants etc bus station close by hotel clean staff good room cleaned and towels changed daily there his only ONE problem and that his the food.... it his NOT been kept warm WHICH could be causing the problem thats happing right now 12 th dec 09 there his a large number of guests ill and room bound plus some guests have been hospitalised and have been refused threre return flights due to there illness when you enquire with hotel reception they state there his a bug going about all over malta BUT when you enquire outside at the various outlets and note most are english they know nothing about the problem ..ONLY ..normal colds/running noses etc so WHAT is the problem with so many guests the reps are just the same as the hotel staff UNAWARE of any problem we have 1 week left of our holi and are now eating out,,,,,, DO U BLAME US ,,,,,my advice... HIS ..check with your holi company and push ..HARD ..for answers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, take careeeeeeeeeeeee

3 Thank raylovemachine
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2009

not near as bad as made out. room we had was spotless clean towels every daybeds changed twice a week.breakfast was adequate and once you are seated you can sit back and watch the scramble going on for others trying to get their food. dinner was much quieter and the food was good and varied. for what we paid it was goood value for money.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pensioners2
huddersfield
Reviewed 18 November 2009

we arived in the mid mornig and when i saw the hotel it looked very nice and it was.

the food was amzing and there is 2 theamed night the matese night was my favirote and the other one was the only night that with chips that was the BQQ nite and that was good the bad thing is that there is no entertamient team wich let it down a lot the holidy was still amazing though the pool wasn't very big the other thing was one night we had to wait to be searved to get our drink were as normaly we have been searved an the dot as we walked in. but over all it was amzing

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ginger95manchester
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Soreda Hotel
#3 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Hotel Santana
Hotel Santana
#4 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Canifor Hotel? Share your experiences!