“Wonderful week.”
Review of Soreda Hotel

Soreda Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Returned last night from a one week stay. The staff were excellent (very helpful) and I could not fault the customer care. I was most impressed by the cleanliness as the room was throughly cleaned every day with fresh towels. Food wise there was plenty of choice and something for every taste. To be honest I was suprised at the amount of food some people were putting away! The entertainment was mostly of a good standard especially the dancers and the trio of young men who played lots of popular numbers from the 60's to present day. Location wise the hotel is a couple of minutes from the prom but not a great deal in Qwara. We did walk to Bugibba and back along the coast road however there are plenty of buses if you are unable to do that. All in all excellent value for the all inclusive package.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor have easy access to pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Carol B

Reviewed 8 June 2014

just had 9 nights at the SOREDA HOTEL.....may 29th-june 7th...my wife and I went with my cousin her husband their daughter and son-in-law. we arrived on 29th and were given a street facing high floor room as I had requested. what a magnificent view...from the balcony we could see MOSTA and MEDINA plus the local salt flats and a view out to sea. the hotel was patronised by a cross section of GERMAN FRENCH SWISS DUTCH SCOTTISH IRISH LATVIAN ENGLISH and ITALIAN. the hotel seemed to cater for all those nationalities quite well.I certainly didn't have any complaints with regards to the food choice and I don't envy the catering manager having to satisfy so many palettes .My wife arranged with the restaurant manager to supply a cake for my 65th and my cousins 60th birthday .They even dressed up the table area with birthday banners.All in all a very pleasant stay at a hotel that is undergoing a total overhaul.Well done to the staff and management of the SOREDA HOTEL

Room Tip: if you book independently always ask for a high floor in any hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank johnmay1949
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff generally were good in the restaurant but at reception they had varying degrees of interest. The room is large and sparsely furnished and the beds are hard, great if you have a bad back. The Scottish man on reception is rude and aggressive, almost looking of fights before they start, some basic customer care training wouldn't go amiss or maybe send him to a position where he wouldn't deal with the public.
Air conditioning does not work, we actually opened the balcony door as it was cooler outside than in the room with the air con on full blast cold!
The food is bland, the cleaner wakes you up each morning without gaining the hint that you are on holiday and want to wake up after 9am (there's no do not disturb signs!)
If you're not on all inclusive then this is probably not the hotel for you.
It's clean, basic and two star.

Room Tip: Another hotel maybe
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Liampatrick74
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've just returned after a week All Inclusive at the Soreda and I have to say I was apprehensive given some of the comments - my fears were unfounded.

When we arrived Check-In was smooth and the staff very friendly and professional. The reception area itself was smaller then we anticipated but that wasn't a problem and we spent the early part of several evenings sitting in the comfy chairs taking advantage of the WiFi. It is one of the busiest receptions I have ever seen with an almost constant stream of comings and goings and the staff were faultless - even when faced with unnecessary and utter rudeness by some people (English I'm ashamed to say). I reported a problem with the fridge in my room and they swapped it immediately no problem at all.

Our room was one of the biggest hotel rooms I have been in - there was even a kitchenette at one end (although the cooker had been stripped out but being all inclusive we weren't fussed). There was also a table and a sofa which was a nice touch. The shower wasn't the best but it was functional and had decent pressure so suited our needs. The view however was awful - over the ground floor outdoor pool and straight at a white wall! Again, we didn't spend an awful lot of time in the room so again not a problem. The main issue with the room was the noise from the lifts - they loudly announce their arrival and departure so be warned. Also, the large flat screen Tv was on the dressing table which left very little room for any of the items we ladies like to take away with us as well as obscuring the mirror. They are gradually updating the rooms and I would say that they do need it but what they have gives no cause for complaint. My parents were in an updated room and it had a complete new bathroom, and the kitchen area had been removed making it huge and the Tv was wall mounted opposite the bed - far better.

The Restaurant has been updated and is very nice but a little cramped. All of the staff are friendly, polite and helpful. I had no issue with the food either. Plenty of choice at breakfast - Fruit, Yoghurt, Toast, Cereal, Tea, Coffee, Juice - as well as a good selection of hot food. Less choice at lunch but this is probably because there is a good selection at the Snack Bar. Dinner again good selection - Soup, Salad Bar, Pasta, Carvery (only 1 meat on offer though), other meat available as well as fish and a choice of veg and potatoes to go with your selection. Dessert tends to be a variety of cakes and a few times there was a warm selection including custard. There's table service for drinks and this would be the area where they could do better. Between the restaurant closing at 10am after breakfast and the snack bar opening at 11 there is nowhere to get a drink. And I don't mean of the alcoholic variety I mean at all - unless you use the vending machine but it does not stock water. They only ask you once per mealtime what you'd like to drink so if you order a glass of wine and finish it the staff don't return to the table to ask if you'd like another - even if they clear the glass away! You can order a bottle of wine with dinner and then take it through to the bar...but at lunchtime eating with my son a whole bottle would be a little excessive. Minor gripes in what is otherwise an excellent service. They do close early on a Saturday for functions - but it's at 8pm so not at an unreasonable time and they do give you plenty of notice.

The Snack Bar on the roof again is again excellent. They open at 11 and serve snacks between 12 - 3. You can get Burger and Chips, Hot Dog and Chips, Sandwiches, Toasties, Ice Cream to name only a few of the items. This is probably why the lunch selection in the main restaurant is smaller. I have seen some complaints about plastic cups - this is only in the snack bar and it is to ensure there is no chance of there being broken glass in the pool area - seems quite a sensible idea to me. The downside of the snack bar - no shade. I ate in the restaurant most days to get of the sun and to eat in a cooler environment.

The pool area is small, there isn't much space for sunbeds. Having said that if you walk up a few steps to the next terrace there is plenty of room and plenty of sunbeds. There's also another terrace round the back of the bar area. We didn't struggle at all to find a spot and as it's on the roof everywhere gets the sun. There are a few umbrellas dotted about, but they are fixed to the floor and can't be moved. They could do with putting a few more portable ones up there in my opinion. Again, minor gripe.

We avoided the main bar area during the evenings. The entertainment appeared to be geared towards the older guests of the hotel and not to our taste. As I didn't sample it I cannot pass comment. We spent our evenings in the smaller quieter bar at the front of the hotel - we could also get WiFi in here. The seating area comprises of a comfy seated area with a Tv (Sky News when we were there), a smaller area up by the bar itself and a small terrace. This is all run by the very friendly Steve who provides excellent service. We played cards and chatted and just chilled out. Very Nice. This is All-Inclusive until 11pm and then a pay bar.

There is a games room which is quite dated, but it does have 2 pool tables and there are 3 computers which can be used for Internet €1.75 for 30 mins. There is also a very well equipped gym, indoor pool, Jacuzzi and Sauna. We didn't actually use these facilities but we did go and look at them and they appeared to be excellent.

The area surrounding this hotel wasn't great, very few shops or bars - even on the main front. It is absolutely perfect if you're looking for a quiet relaxing holiday away from the hustle and bustle but if you want something a bit livelier then this is not the place for you. Don't get me wrong, the shops are adequate you can get everything you would need and the small selection of restaurants is enough if you want a break from the All-Inclusive.

My overall experience of this hotel was excellent and the only faults I found were minor and did not spoil my holiday at all. It was kept very clean at all times and the staff were constantly checking to ensure that everything was as it should. I also spoke with staff members regarding the large number of students. They agreed that it was not pleasant at all and very difficult for them to control. The management are aware and we have been told have taken notice of the comments and so it shouldn't happen again in the future. I really hope they stick to this as it really is a nice hotel and it would be a shame if it's reputation was ruined.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good value break away from it all.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the lifts, they are noisy!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank WhirlyGirl1976
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Very happy with hotel. All inclusive is really good although they could improve the vegetarian option.

Roof top swimming pool is bit small according to the size of the hotel. Plenty of food and drink available.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hotel had 2 Restaurants and terrace with drinks and food. Gym, indoor and 2 out pools, jacuzzi, and sauna. The food was very good, and a good variety. Always something, even for the fussy eaters. Staff were very friendly, especially Claude. Rooms cleaned everyday. Air-con in rooms, and safety box. Rooms very spacious and neatly decorated. We went for 2 weeks, and if you want a quiet, not to busy holiday, then this is the right place for you. We found this a bit out of the way and catered more for the older generation. It was quite windy, even though the sun was out, so i would recommend a light jacket or cardigan. No need to take travel plugs, as they are British sockets. On the whole, we had a very very relaxing holiday, but i probably would not return, as i do like a more lively and active holiday. But the hotel was great

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ange K
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I'd stopped at this hotel a few years and found the room to be clean, the staff to be friendly and the food not always to my liking but it was ediable. So when I wanted to catch some sun recently. I decided to stop at the Soreda again, this time I was in room 235 which was spacious and clean, if a little lived in.

It really depends on what you want from your hotel, and I know the Soreda is not for everyone but in my opinion it's a nice little hotel which is central to transport and the beaches in Qwara.

I have to say as a lone traveller, I'm not sure if I'd do all inclusive again because I found the hotel food not that appatising. But if the hotel food doesn't hit the spot then there are plenty of great restaurants in the vincinty that you can visit.

The Three Cherries pub is situated on the corner in the next street and they do a great takeaway menu and when I didn't fancy the food at the hotel. I'd venture over to the Cherries pub.

The pool area although small is good if you don't want to move too far from the bar and you just want to lay on a sun lounger and read your book. I really like Malta so I would stop at the Soreda again, as it suits me fine and it's a very family orintated hotel but if you are looking for something a bit more glizty then you may want to look at other options.

Also my only one gripe about my recent stay would be that half way through my stay the place became over run with teenagers who thought it would be great to play a game that I used to call 'Knock down Ginger' which may of been funny for them but it scared the hell out of me.

And the fact that they spent most of their time shouting across the court yard to one another but hey teenagers!!

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is not situated next to several groups of teenagers.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank LondonAusencia63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa
#4 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Il Palazzin Hotel
Il Palazzin Hotel
#5 of 15 in Qawra

Been to Soreda Hotel? Share your experiences!