“Wonderful food but inexperienced staff...”
Review of Chaplins

Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Qawra
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This restaurant is a bit difficult to find as it is not directly along the Qawra Coast Road, but if you leave the street and head towards the sea when you get the the Butcher's Grill, you will find it. It is a small, simple place but the food is out of this world...IF...the waiter understands what you want.

Unfortunately, the young, Italian, man who waited on us had limited English skills and could not answer a single question about what we wanted to order. This was a shame, because I ordered a plain filet steak, medium rare, but, received one cooked medium and almost well done. The owner then had to step in and fix it and while my husband ate his Sea Bream, which he loved, I had to wait for another steak.

The wait was worthwhile and I must say that the meat was the best I ate during my holiday. It was a good size portion and the knife slid through the meat like butter. I hardly had to chew it at all! We had asked for vegetables and sallad instead of the potatoes and those portions were also ample. So much so that we had no room for dessert.

I would truly recommend this place to anyone who would like to have a great meal and has tired of pizza, pasta and chips places in Qawra/Bugibba. You get value for your money and since the place is close to the sea, the atmosphere is very pleasant. I would have given the place a "five" if it were not for the inexperienced waiter and the mishap with my dinner and I hope that my review will give them a chance for improvement so that this does not happen to other customers.

2  Thank MissDRM

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We went to Chaplins on our 2nd day of our holidays as we had read a couple of reviews on tripadvisor and we must say it surpassed any of our expectations the food was fantastic and the staff were great and attentive and checked if we needed anything and that everything was to our satisfaction on several occasions we enjoyed it that much that we returned 3 occasions for evening meals and once for a breakfast in one week.On one occasion i had the Rabbit and it was one of the best meals i have ever had the meat was so tender it was falling off the bone on another occasion we both had the mixed grill which was great value for money there was so much on the plate we couldn't eat it all.We will definitely be returning again on our next visit to Malta

1  Thank tonyandkaren_9
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The ribs are to dye for and loads of them, very quaint great staff , fish also great selection .and a good selection of drinks ,get there early or book

Reviewed 7 July 2014

had a great meal here husband had a wonderful starter called salmon paupettes was really good and with a few veg could have been served as a main he then had a steak I had a beautiful chicken in rosemary all with fresh veg wine was chilled to perfection and the selection of classic Maltese desserts with ice cream was great over all the meal was fantastic

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed next door at the Sunny Coast and ate here on the 3rd day of our stay. Having been frustrated by the limited menus consisting largely of pizza and pasta in other restaurants it was encouraging to find an extensive menu including fresh fish and local Maltese specialities. The restaurant has a real family run feel with the staff very friendly but efficient. Would strongly recommend the fresh fish (often selected from the catch on that day), the Rabbit and the King Prawns. Wine is limited to a few bottles in the chiller but all wine selected was of excellent quality. Suffice to say that after our first meal at Chaplins we returned on another 2 occasions including the last 2 days of our stay.

1  Thank SpurDon