“Great Holiday”

Cardor Holiday Complex
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Reviewed 14 August 2014

17 members of my family stayed here to come over for my wedding. The hotel was perfect for the price everyone paid. Rooms clean and adequate, fresh towels everyday, food nice, pool area was always clean and always enough room for everyone. IWe had ages 2 - 87 within the group and all had a wonderful time. Close to all bars and restaurants. Staff very nice and accommodating. Thank you very much to the Cardor, my family all had a lovely time.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms had a huge terrace with sunbeds!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank mspiteri1

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Let me start by saying that the Hotel & Apartment staff are very friendly & welcoming, they will bend over backwards to accommodate your needs. That being said, the self catering apartment accommodation was sub-standard, the advertised air con was non existent (we had a fan), the cooking facilities were laughable, the beds were budget & there were cockroaches. The 2 pools were average at best, the best thing about this place was it's location.

Room Tip: Don't go self catering
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jonnyid
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a terrible hotel complex. We booked in advance, and found the website I booked on very good. Told me what I needed to know and made the booking through www.onthebeach.co.uk. The only advise I can give someone looking at this website, is do not proceed!!
This complex was booked through the onthebeach website, and I had too many problems to make the holiday a success.
the first day we got there, our apartment was not ready, so they kindly put us up in the main hotel. before I go any further I would like to explain that the cardor apartments and the canifor hotel, are the same place. they are two companies owned by the same people. to speak to anyone at the cardor, you need to go through the pool area - joined and used for both hotels - and through an ugly lobby area, to the canifor hotel reception. speak to them there, if you dare.
so the first day, we were put up in the canifor, and you know what, if booking directly with them, they are not bad. but stay away from the cardor. I have pictures to be loaded that will make you see why too.
our second day, we went down to reception at the canifor and were told that our room will be ready around midday and we need to speak to reservations, who wont be around any earlier in the morning. so we missed the morning of our holiday and stayed around the hotel area, and then back to reception to speak to reservations. they then gave us the keys to our apartment, and we went up to the room. I booked a one bedroom double apartment, and as I walked into the room, it was ssmall, a studio, which the guy behind reception - not helpful at all - admitted. I went down there and asked why we were in a studio twin when I booked a double one bed.
he explained that in this hotel there are no such thing as a double room, as they only push the beds together (you will fall through the middle as they do not change the matress to a double) and that the studio was given to us as we were late checking in.
basically the earlier you get there, the better the room. do not get there after lunch as you will be left with the crap rooms.
also the rooms are very different to the pictures that you see online. they are disgusting and dirty and please remember that even if you ask for the beds (which come covered in hair and brown marks) they will not change the bedding. these are dirty and disgusting and no matter how many times you ask, they will not change it.
stay away from this hotel, or if you want to stay there, book directly, as the cardor is only bookable through the canifor website. make sure you speak to them and check that there is availability as overbooking is common here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank B18C3VIC
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have been to malta on many occasions stayed at the cardor for a week in June, after reading the reviews I thought I was going to Beirut, we'll guess what it's not that bad,the rooms are dated but cleaned daily there was a fan in our room and air con (extra cost) but overall you only wash and sleep there so it's ok. Food was ok not cordon bleu,I guess some people just expect caviar for the price of roe. Overall I would say it makes a great base to see a great island it's very central so just go and enjoy! Roll on next year

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Princess A
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was lovely on the inside and out, great pools, outside, inside and on the roof!
Rooms were standard with little decoration and slightly old but clean and quite roomy :)
Considering the price I think the apartments were great! Lowly balcony which allows you to hear the music from the nightlife and also see the sea!
I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a cheep holiday and will be spending there time out and about anyway

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank RebeccaRileyNorris
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We just came back from a week stay here on monday, a very basic hotel, but the cleaners come 7 days a week so all clean, i don't understand why people are moaning so much about this place, very welcoming and very helpful staff here, we stayed bed and breakfast and had no problems at all, looking forward to going again next year

Room Tip: Ask for poolside as can get noisy on the road side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Donna A
Reviewed 8 June 2014

just spent 2 weeks end of may beginning june no windows in apt well there is pull curtain back brick wall towels fraying around the edge shower dodgey drop you off but if it s after 4 pm you have to go to front of conifer hotel & then through conifer then swimming pool to get to your apt if you are disabled forget bye

Room Tip: maybe ask for balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank siggySouthampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Canifor Hotel
#11 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Sunflower Hotel
Sunflower Hotel
#6 of 15 in Qawra

Been to Cardor Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!