“you get what you pay for”
Review of Euroclub Hotel

Euroclub Hotel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Leeds, United Kingdom
“you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at Euroclub. It's very basic but very clean and the staff are extremely helpful and kind. i would highly recommend to anyone who wants a cheap and cheerful holiday in Malta. Nobody would except the Ritz with the prices they charge. Very happy customers

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 784Greaves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed here from the 4th May to the 11th May 2013 and it was so cheap that we really didn't expect very much. However, we were very pleased with the staff, who were lovely and friendly. The room was large but very adequate with large double wardrobe and plenty of drawers. I asked for a hairdryer and it was immediately brought up to me. The water was never really hot enough and we bought a kettle so as we could have a cup of tea and my husband could have hot water for shaving. Every day the room was serviced, and as the week wore on I think the bathroom could have been cleaned a little better. The breakfast was adequate, with cereal, toast, preserves, cold meats, cheese, egg, bacon, sausage, beans and tomatoes. If requested you could have scrambled eggs instead of fried. The outside swimming pool I enjoyed, although I think there should be a rail to hold on to when walking down the steps as the second to last step was really slippery. The staff in Watson's bar which adjoins the hotel were always friendly and helpful, and we never heard any noise in our room from the night time entertainment. All in all, this is a cheap, what you get hotel with lovely staff, but could do with a bit of a refurbishment.

Room Tip: Some rooms may hear the evening entertainment from around the area, so make sure you have a room awa...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dot218
Leeds
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have scored the euroclub Average because to mark it 4 makes it very good which is a bit over the top. The hotel was Good, in a great location. We stayed room only and didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food. Hot water took about 5 mins to come through but was fine. Staff were helpful & our room was cleaned daily, beds made daily & bed linen changed every other day. Towels were changed daily, which for the money we paid was great service. The hotel itself was basic but clean and tidy, If you want 5 star accomodation I would suggest you look elsewhere. We got more than we expected for the cost. If you want a Rolls Royce you have to pay for it, there is no point paying peanuts then complaining because it's basic. If we had a query the staff were more than happy to help out. Overall I would say the the hotel was fit for purpose, Ideally situated for bars, restaurants & bus terminus. If I wanted another cheap & cheerful break I would have no doubts about booking the Euroclub

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeedsRob
cheeky12u
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Frst of all I must admit I was very dubious about going to this hotel due to the bad reviews posted. I did contact one of the the other reviewers who assured me they had had a good experiences and returned regularly to the Euroclub with no problem.
We arrived and were greeted by Syeed who had read our room request and gave us the option of two rooms. He was kind enough to take to the rooms to view them. The first room he showed us was fine and we opted to take that. We were given a fridge for the room but didnt need the kettle offered as we had taken our own. Still it was nice to have been offered as other hotels in Malta do not provide a fridge or kettle. Syeed assured that if we needed anything we need only ask and if the food didnt suit which was being served we could ask for something different.
We unpacked and decided a nap was needed due to the early flight. The room was very cold and we tried to warm it using the air con but it only gave out cold air. Due to the room being so cold and the bed we were unable to sleep. We mentioned this to Maria on reception who provided us with an electric heater for the room. We used the heater in the room and it aired it out nicely for us. We came to get ready for tea and put the shower on. This was where we hit the water problem. It was barely warm. Thinking it was due to most of the guests using the water at the same time we jumped in and out rather quickly and went down to tea.
We were given an option of starters mains and desert on the first day. The meals were fine and we enjoyed them. Being winter the hotel did not have too many residents. Most of the people in the dining room were mostly single and on a long term stay. They talked freely from table to table and it became apparent that there was a problem with the water temperature no matter what time of day. The next morning again we had a nearly cold shower again. On going down to breakfast we called at reception and asked why there was no hot water? The receptionist just shugged and said she would mention it. We arrived on Tuesday and had almost cold water until Friday. On Friday we got up to no water at all! There had been no notice that the water was going to be turned off. So toilets wouldnt flush and once the water in the pipe was drained that was that. We went down to breakfast to find everyone was in the same boat. Sayeed told us the system needed to be drained to redress the water issue. Nothing we could at this stage but go out for the day being promised that the water issue would be resolved by 2pm. On our return to the hotel we found the water back on and bliss it wasnt hot but it was warm. The water the next day was nearly hot and we believed the problems were resolved. That was untill Monday arrived and again the water was barely tepid. Again we raised this with the receptionist only to be told again it would be raised. By this time we were well aquainted with most of the residents who all insisted that the water problem was due to a certain person turning the boiler off to save money. I have to say that everyone we met in the hotel from the manager to the cleaner were lovely and accomodated us the best they could. The meals after the first day did not have an optiion but if we stated that we didnt like something we were offered an alternative. Breakfast was cornflakes for a cerial choice. Full english cooked as you arrived or you could choose scrambled poaced or boiled. And if you just wanted scrambled and sausage or any other combination then you could have it. The location of the hotel is ideal for the bus station, the sea front, bugibba and lots of bars and restraunts. I cant say I noticed any noise from the road or Incognito bar. Maybe this is due to me living on a main road and not noticing background noise. Anyway getting back to the water problem on Wed we were told the problem would again be resolved that day, this time with no loss of water usage. Wed on return to the hotel water was hot whopee. Thursday morning we were leaving and got up at 6.30 for a nice hot shower in readiness for our 8am pick up. You guessed it got in the shower only to find it the coldest we had ever experienced. We struggled with the cold water packed and went downstairs to check out. We found that the door to reception was closed and locked with a padlock. We located a staff member in the dining room but nobody knew where the key was. We got panicky as our taxi was due for the transfer but were locked in the hotel. Eventually we were shown out of the side door just in time to stop our taxi driving off. This was 7.45am not 2am. Locking residents into a hotel and blocking a fire escape route must be flouting the most basic safety laws. Its a shame that we encounted the problems we did. We saw both the positive and negative side of staying at the Euroclub. There is a lot of work going on to refurb the hotel. Its impossible to miss the dust on the stairs in the lift and in the air. During the stay most of the residents were ill with a flu type illness, not surprising after the water lottery in this hotel. I hope you find this review usefull as it is a honest and unbiased account of our visit.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank cheeky12u
Cumbria
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The family and staff were so friendly, but they backed off when I encountered a problem. First room was fine for a few days, apart from no mattress protectors, very small sheets and a stained mattress, and a lavatory which was difficult to flush. But a noisy family in a nearby room arrived and started shouting at 1.30am and then made noise in the corridor all afternoon the next day. So, although I had made no complaint, I asked to move to a new room. Sayeed spoke to me as if I were a child, and was very rude, telling me that if I complained again (I hadn't, the lady next door to me had), I would have to move out. Mario and his family knew yet just smiled and did not interfere. Second room was filthy, as was the en suite shower room, which had broken glass on the floor when I arrived and was still there when I left, and my room wasn't serviced every day. Room so dark that it was impossible to read, and it overlooked the noisy all-night restaurant Incognito, and dust came off the ceiling fan all the time; again no mattress protectors, and I had to wear my shoes because the floor was so filthy. I thought that breakfast was very good, although I did not eat dinner despite having booked half board as I prefer lunch. But I still shudder when I recall my experience at the hands of that appallingly rude and nasty manager..

Room Tip: Don't go but, if you do, don't get a room anywhere nearby Inconito.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank LeoneCumbria

Travellers are raving about these Qawra hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Once again we were made very welcome ! Thank you to all the staff ! Clean and still undergoing work. Take it from us this hotel is on the up ! Thank you Mario and all the staff. See you next year. Peter and Sheila

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Euroclub is located on one of the central streets of the lively resort, 200 meters from the main promenade with rocky beaches and a 20-minute bus ride away from the main beaches of Malta. Every day there are live music and entertainment.
There are indoor and outdoor pools. This hotel is for a very economical vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Natalia_Mesyatseva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Topaz Hotel
Porto Azzurro
Porto Azzurro
#5 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,292 reviews

Been to Euroclub Hotel? Share your experiences!