“fabbydabs.”
Review of Euroclub Hotel

Euroclub Hotel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Reviewed 29 August 2013

family run hotel, very friendly staff, we had a fabtime, no faults from us, poolside room we were very happy, fresh towels daily beds changed weekly, food good and different everyday, we enjoyed our time at the euroclub and watsons bar fun, malta very busy yet quiet, great sleep everynight, we will go back to the euroclub as great base and happy folks, thanks to all whom looked after us esp harry and Neville aka my new son.

Room Tip: poolside a good location but overall quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank michelle e

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Euroclub hotel is one I have visited several times. I have read both complimentary and adverse reviews. Let me start by saying I do not expect 5 star service at A 3 star rated hotel.
Location : Central and close to all the the shops & bars. The hotel is not two minutes from the main bus station.
Rooms : Though basic I found all of the rooms that have been allocated to be comfortable.
Cleanliness : All my rooms were cleaned every day and fresh clean towels were provided.
Staff : I found all the staff to be most helpful and friendly. I must say that the manager Sayad could not do enough to ensure that my stay was enjoyable.
Food : Perhaps this is one area that their may me room for some improvement. The breakfast typical English was acceptable. T he evening meal was uninspiring, however I must say it was always hot and well presented.
Entertainment : I am not a bingo fan but bingo is offered each evening for those who wish a more sedate and social evening. Attached to the hotel is a night style club which serves an array of beers, wines and spirits at a comparable price to the other bars in the location.
Pool : There are two pools an indoor one and another outside. Both pools are small but are large enough to cater for the number of customers. There are plenty of sun loungers around the pool and tables with umberellas. There is a bar alongside the pool where drinks and snacks can be purchased.
In conclusion I intend to return to the hotel in October 2013.

Room Tip: Try to obtain a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank 8presley
Reviewed 25 August 2013

booked this despite being a little hesitant about some of the reviews. Hotel itself is fine, clean and the staff are friendly and despite the reviews saying about the noise from the street we found it wasn't anything excessive especially with the patio doors shut. Main gripe was the pool-thought it might be a nice spot as some reviews said it was under used. That wasn't the case when we were there. The times we went down it was quite busy although we normally still got a sun lounger. However what spoiled it for me was that for starters the woman who ran the pool bars kid was normally in the pool and he was far from quiet and oblivious to others diving in and out with normally some friends. Then on the final day of our holiday we went to the pool to find it completely taken over by kids-they charge to let non-residents in which I think is disgraceful-if you pick a hotel with a pool you expect to be able to use it without having to put up with local kids playing in it. This for me along with the stale smell in the pool bar has put me off coming back to this hotel. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food but the dining room was a horrible dingy room so am glad we didn't. Also we discovered the patio door didn't lock and when my boyfriend went to complain the response was 'its not a problem you have nothing to worry about here'. When my boyfriend pressed the point and said that I wasn't happy leaving the room without it locking all he said was 'you need to see manager in morning nothing happen tonight'. We couldn't even get a safe sorted that night either. We didn't bother in the end as nothing did happen but the complacent attitude about it annoyed me. We didn't pay for air con as the ceiling fan was adequate but if you like a cool night then it would probably be worth paying for-we stayed in August and it was hot on a night sometimes. Aside from this the hotel is in a great location with bars and restaurants a short walk away-recommend walking to bugibba square as this is where there is a bit more life-we found a lot of the restaurants serve pretty much the same dishes though. Would def return to Malta though probably a resort with a bit more going on

1  Thank littleminxter
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I booked this as a last minute thing. I read the reviews and wondered what I'd let myself in for. The truth is I pleasantly surprised. The place is a bit worn at the edges and is only really two star, It was clean and the food was excellent. Every day full English Breakfast was available and, more importantly, actually tasted like English Breakfast, something rarely experienced abroad. There was also continental breakfast, tea and toast and a choice of Maltese or English bread. In the evening there was a selection of salad items, lettuce, tomatoes, boiled eggs, olives, meat and fish which could be starter or main course. The main course was usually a choice of three items, such as beef, fish or a pasta dish. The hand prepared vegetables were freshly cooked Maltese in style. There was no suggestion of 'industrial catering'. One reviewer said that in two weeks they never served up chips. Was that criticism or praise? We had chips one day and very nice they were too. They were not stingey about the portions of main course either. There is a pub attached to the hotel where you can get a drink to go with your dinner although Jabba the Hutt on the next table took this as a personal affront. We liked it.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

a party of 6 of us stayed here from the 11 to the 18 of august h/b the breakfasts were ok but as many have said the evening meal wasnt very good there was no choice the rooms were cleaned daily and were not to bad the location of the hotel was quite good the staff were friendly and helpful the party was made up of 3 adults and 3 children we ate out at night and found some rely good places to eat not dear at all so as a base it would be fine and we would stop there again but on a s/c basis

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MidlandsEnglandRob
Reviewed 16 August 2013

having just returned I will not be back there!! food awfull! there was no choices and the waitresses if that's wat you call them where dishing out ice cream before you had your meal they were serving the food with hair hanging down!! correction they just dollop food onto plate!! we spent 2wks here and our room was not cleaned we had fresh towels every day but that was it!! I must admit the manager and reception were lovely!! but that's it to me its more like a hostel than hotel first time I have had to do my own cleaning on holiday

3  Thank carole742
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We went not expecting great things as it had had some pretty bad reviews. If you go expecting 5 star you will be very disappointed, The rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels everyday. We asked for a fridge and had 1 delivered to the room within half hour. Sayed at reception was especially helpful and really friendly as were all the staff, a real family atmosphere. The food was ok, not lots of choice but an english breakfast every morning and continental if you prefer. The evening meal was 3 course set meals all homemade filling and tasty. We will definatley be going back here.

Room Tip: if your going in july/august u want a pool room not a front facing room as theres no a/c just a ceil...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Topaz Hotel
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa
San Pawl Hotel
San Pawl Hotel
#11 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Euroclub Hotel? Share your experiences!