“Pleasantly supprised”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly supprised”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Booked this Hotel as we wanted to do some diving with Neptunes Diving on the island and where on a tight budget! Having read some of the bad reviews on here we where rather worried as to what awaited us. On arrival we where shown to our room which was ok but not really suitable for us, so i asked at reception if we could pay to upgrade to a superior room as in all fairness we had only paid for a standard room. The manager Sayed who was most friendly and polite showed us a superior room which was very good, newly decorated and fitted with modern furniture and bathroom fittings. The cost was next to nothing to upgrade and we did so immediatley.
Breakfast was very good, a choice of cereal, cold meats, cheese and bread, bacon, sausage, eggs,beans and tamatoes, jam, juice, coffee and Tea. You could have as much as you wanted!
evening meal was again very good, nice home made cooking with a choice of Soup or Salad for starter, with three choices of main meal with vegetables and either ice cream or cake for dessert. at every evening meal we where always asked if we had enough on our plate with the choice of more if we wanted it. There was never a shortage of food at both breakfast or evening meals and in the week we stayed there we where never offered the same choice of meal twice!
The staff where all most friendly, polite and helpful.
we usually visit the island a couple of times a year and will be staying here next year for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Keith J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff were very friendly. I stayed on a B&B basis and the breakfast was exactly the same standard as any other hotel I've ever stayed in - the food was plentiful and hot. It could be a little loud at night (from a karaoke bar across the road), but this is exactly what you would expect in a tourist resort. I'd be worried if it was quiet! I travelled alone and was made to feel very welcome. I was able to check into my room 2 hours early, which was great as I could then go off and explore. The hotel is a minute or two's walk away from the bus station, so is ideally located to explore the island. I would definitely stay here again and happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank cazsmum
chesterfield
Reviewed 14 October 2013

me and my girlfriend stayed for 4 nights . we were first put in a standard room wich was very dirty and poor . this was a mix up by the tour operator and NOT the hotel. we were then transfered to a superior room that we had paid extra for . the room was very nice and modern although the shower had no water pressure and the water stank horrible . the general feel of the hotel was very drab and lifeless no music playing and no entertainment ( exept bingo every night) the breakfast was nice but the evening meal was awful and lacking in choice. and we didnt get any lunch at all . the lager served in cans tasted awful . the place definitely needs a makeover or even a lick of paint would do .. i would rather have stayed in a different hotel and gone self catering because a local breakfast is available for less than £2 . a beachfront meal less than £4 and the lager they were serving was only £0.38 per can. we were very disappointed . this is in no way a reflection on the staff . the manager was very nice and the blonde lady on reception was very helpful . i wonder how it got 3 stars . we stayed in a 2 star in ibiza in the summer ( for more or less the same price) and it was 5 times better.

Room Tip: if you do stay here make sure you upgrade to a superior room .
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Glynn H

Travellers are raving about these Qawra hotels

Essex
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed there as a single traveller 24th September - 4th October 2013. It is a typical Maltese 3*, you cannot compare to a UK 3*.
First impressions - dark and dingy reception and dining room, broken floor tiles and old furniture, the décor is 1970s shabby, the whole place needs a makeover.
Good points are: the rooms are basic but clean and safe with en-suites, TV balconies and plenty of cupboards and hanging space. The mattress was clean and comfortable and the sheets and towels were changed regularly. Cleaners came in every day and restocked loo rolls. The shower worked fine and there was always hot water when I wanted it.
The pool area is small and enclosed by high walls so shadows creep in around mid afternoon. The answer is you take yourself off to one of the big 4* hotels nearby and use their lovely pool facilities.
Breakfast is 08am-09am and dinner 18:30-20:00.
Breakfast is help yourself to eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, breads for toasting, teas and coffees, juice, jams etc.
Evening dinner is a choice of three different dishes every night usually meat, chicken or fish, pastas, potatoes and veg served by the chef. Each night a different soup to start with breads, salads and a desert to finish. It isn't fine dining but it's good food cooked well and eatable if you are not super fussy or a vegetarian.
I ate well there every night, I had no complaints about the food. If you want something different the restaurant staff are more than helpful.
Malta caters largely for the over 50's and this hotel was no exception meaning it's quiet and there's no rowdiness in the early hours.
There's bingo around the pool till about 21:30ish. In the street level Watsons bar there's cheap beer, football and live music entertainment most nights. Free WIFI in the hotel lobby.
It's superbly placed near shops, bars and near Bugibba bus station. Tip is to buy a 7 day bus ticket for 12 euros, you can make as many journeys around the island during this period. They drive on the left like the UK so crossing roads is easy.
This is a good hotel for older couples or single travellers on a budget who need a clean safe room in a good location.
I would go back again.

Room Tip: No air con but ceiling fans that work OK. Malta is a religious Catholic state. Nudity is illegal me...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank Sina99
england
Reviewed 3 October 2013

just back from a week at euroclub. this hotel needs some serious money invested in it .its situated ina lovley spot.only a short walk to shops and sea front. but the first room we were allocated was absolutely dreadful.302.avoid this room .the noise from the club over the road and all the shouting in the street will keep you awake all night.i asked to be moved and the receptionist moved us the next day.new room 320 overlooking pool .yes bingo was on every night ,but did,nt bother us we were so tired from being out all day.yes I have to agree withsome of the reviews about the housekeeping it was,nt very clean so I popped over to the shop and bought some ciff scrubbed room myself no problem, no hot water which is not good when trying to get conditioner out of your hair.i was dissapointed that our bedding wasn,t changed in the 7 days we were there,but housekeeping was rushed off the feet and I know what tis is like as I myslf am a head housekeeper of a chain of hotels .the meals were ok .nothing amazing but you did,nt go hungry.but please.please just put a bowl of fruit out in the mornings.the staff are lovley .especially Rachel who goes out of her way to help you with anything suh a lovley lady .and the man who puts the pool chairs out so funny always happy and waves up to our balcony every morning.and the manager very pleasant and helpful you can se he wants so much more for this hotel ,I just don't think he gets the funds .its a shame. we don't know if we wauld return,it woud have to have had a big revamp.but keep the staff there great .one other thing please get another tv station .the world news gets a bit boring after a while .but good luck to all the staff .xx

Room Tip: try to stay overlooking the pool less noise from the road
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tazzyengland
Hungerford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed with my daughter in two twin rooms with sole occupancy. Paid £16 per night B&B each and wasn't expecting much from the reviews on here.

However, the rooms are cleaned every day so no complaints there. The beds comfy enough and the ceiling fans kept us cool enough through the night (we stayed September 22nd to 26th, temperatures in low 20's at night so impressed as usually ceiling fans are useless!). Bathroom with bath and shower were also clean and did the job. OK, TV options not up to much but I didn't go on holiday to watch tv and managed to find something in English for background entertainment when required.

Only ate there for Breakfast which was Sausages, Bacon (very streaky so may not appeal to all Brits'), Beans, Eggs, Tomatoes and a selection of breads to toast, or meats and cheese if you prefer. Coffee, Tea and Orange or Grapefruit juice for beverages. Not the best breakfast I've ever had, but for an extra £1 a night it was bloody good value.

Pool area although not particularly scenic gets the sun all day and is kept very clean and tidy with plenty of tables and loungers. Sensibly priced drinks from the pool bar as well.

The location is ideal, close to beach, shops and the bus station which is great value at €2.60 for a all day ticket with very regular buses - although they did seem to be breaking down at an alarming rate!!

To summarise I would recommend the Euroclub if you are on a budget and looking for a clean hotel with a decent breakfast (for the price) in a excellent location. If you are one of those who simply spend their whole holiday in a hotel then you will be better off spending a lot more money somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ben B
Simonkts, General Manager at Euroclub Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Everyone at the Euroclub Hotel values all positive feedback as we work to be the best Budget hotel in the area or the hotel with Great value for money
All of the staff are very happy that you enjoyed the service, food and cleanliness during your stay
It is wonderful to read that you thought so highly of our hotel, reflected by the high scores that you have given to us. Our attention to guest satisfaction is something we pride ourselves on at the Euroclub hotel
We loved having you here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel

Kind Regards
Sayed Akl
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We spent a week in this hotel init was terrible the rooms were not cleaned very well there were black hairs all in the bath behind the taps were dirty, food was ok but they kept running out off the different choices and we had to ask for ice cream every night as it was the same small cake.very limited choice the all inclusive drinks were a shambles the staff were miserable worse hotel I have ever stayed in never again awful.this is not a all inclusive hotel getting the drinks you had to wait for the reception staff to finish dealing with others before you could be served for a drink terrible I asked for a bottle of water at 11.10and he wanted me to pay I said I'm all inclusive but he still wanted me to pay as it was after 11pm no way left it .you had to get out of the pool area for bingo every night terrible

Room Tip: No stars crap hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 3Glenys
Simonkts, General Manager at Euroclub Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for your personal comments and feedback all the team was waiting for your feedback BUT well what can I say ? all of the staff have something to say ,but I say one thing please do not use your finger when you ask for services ,I do not think so you can use this Behaving back home .or at any place in EU country .I know you was all inclusive and it means you can get drink from 11.00 AM to 11.00 PM . I know what drinks can do with people but still there is good way to ask for services , there nice magic word call please to ask for services sire
it is with great regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations .as you are aware you booked A 3 star budget holiday and rating, and I told your in first day in resort you are free to move to 4 or 5 star hotel without any cancellation fee from hotel but as you know you come back with apologize to stay, I wish I could choose the guests stay in the hotel BUT with great regret I can not whatever they did or try do to us
And there another recent you did not know it your family was happy in the hotel .AND I still remember what you side to me on your day of departure. All was ok just the all inclusive it does not meet with your expectation . AND FOR FIRST TIME YOU SAY THANK YOU TO ANYONE AT THE HOTEL. I know it was not 11.00 AM yet
The management team pride ourselves on the way we deal with your issues and personal dissatisfaction all the times and it is with great regret you did not avail yourself to have an enjoyable week like your family did
You did your best revenge as you think of telling people how terrible hotel we are but let me tell you something I am glad you comment about the hotel so customer will know how professional we are and in which way we deal with our guests issues and expectation while they are in resort
Dear Sire your comments and dissatisfaction all untrue .I did report your behaving and your issues to the company you booked your holiday with from your first day while you was in resort and they are aware about all what you did all the week with us
Many Thanks
Sayed Akl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Topaz Hotel
#14 of 15 in Qawra
Sunflower Hotel
Sunflower Hotel
#5 of 15 in Qawra

Been to Euroclub Hotel? Share your experiences!