“stayed in better hostels”
Review of Euroclub Hotel

Euroclub Hotel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
“stayed in better hostels”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very run down ????"hotel" rooms basic if you want anything like kettle in your room you will have to ask for it we were all inclusive for 7 days supposedly we arrived late on the 24th so had no evening meal or drinks so our first day started on the Friday. We left the hotel the following Thursday and were only allowed breakfast so that is false advertising for a start. I asked on the friday mornng to have the air conditioning switched on and confirmed I was already aware that this had an additional charge I was happy to pay for this as the ceiling fans were hopeless, i was told they would get them switched on by the time we came back , this didn't happen I again asked the following day and was told that they needed to do something as there was a problem with it but again they would sort it , still didn't happen sunday again i was told it would be fixed that day after that I just gave up . The pool tiles were filthy however they closed the pool and emptied it on the Sunday night ,used a jet wash to remove the mold and painted over the more stubborn areas to cover them up the pool was then re filled and should have remained out of use to allow the chemicals to settle but was back in use before the end of the day. The English staff were pleasant but the guy on the bar in reception not sure his name but someone said they thought it was Chris was really unpleasant never saw him smile once and when you put in an order for drinks or lunch he made you feel that you were inconveniencing him. Food choice was pretty much non existent very little choice , one evening my kids could eat nothing on offer so we had to get them something outwith the hotel. In the restuarant again English staff were pleasant, there was a tall bonde woman with glasses who stood over proceedings which I found a bit off putting you felt that you were going to be pounced on if you ate too much . I would rate it as less than 2star and would say even at the price it was not value for money if it hadn't been for us looking to book with the San Antonio round the corner for next year and getting access to this for the full week we would not have had such a good holiday we were in the San Antonio every day and would say that this hotel was everything the euro club was not great staff great food clean great entertainment will definately be going back to the San Antonio but if you are wise anyone reading this will avoid the euro club unless you are OK with paying over the odds for a poor hostel standard ,will not be back and will most definately not be recommending it to anyone I had read some of the reviews but had already booked but tend to make up my own mind but all the bad reviews appear to be accurate this was booked online through super escapes who got the hotel through low cost beds super escapes are also a nightmare to deal with and have written review about them aswell I would advise anyone in their right mind to avoid all 3 but would thoroughly recommend the San Antonio

Room Tip: Don't touch it if you are wise stayed in better hostels
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank evb1963

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kildare
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just back home after spending a week at this hotel and found it to be better than expected after reading some of the reviews on here. I should not have read these reviews as I was worried sick with what might greet me on arrival in malta. I need not have worried.
I stayed in room 412 and found it cleaned daily and more than adequate for our needs with a pool view. The best way to describe the hotel is that it's very similar to self catering appartments elsewhere in sunny holiday destinations with all inclusive and 24hour added.
The staff were excellent and food was above average.
The only suggestion I would have is that the hotel broaden it's all inclusive to include ice cream and snacks between main meals as well as a wider drinks selection in all inclusive bar even if it means charging more for all inclusive package.
My wife and I had a lovely holiday and we will return again to the euroclub.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank 49jimmy
Edinburgh
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We recently returned from a week at this hotel. We were slightly concerned about some of the reports but decided to judge for ourselves. When we arrived on the Saturday our room only had a ceiling fan but it wasn’t too bad. Sunday was really hot and we didn’t sleep at all. On Monday we asked to be moved to a room with air conditioning. Rachel was really helpful and we were moved that day. If you are going to this hotel in June/July make sure you get a room with air conditioning – what a difference and it is not too expensive.
The breakfast was very simple and the same every morning. The dinner, however, was freshly cooked by Nina and there was a choice of 3 hot meals for main course. The main course was delicious – we even came home with a couple of recipes. There was always home-made soup and salad. The puddings were not up to very much. Considering what we paid, the main meals were more than worth it.
There was a small crepe café at the end of the street which served lovely coffee – very cheap!
The staff are very friendly and helpful. They were doing their best and the hotel was being upgraded as they were able to afford it. We are torn between going back to the Euroclub - because it was great value but let itself down in some areas - or to somewhere a little bit more modern. On balance, I think we will return to the Euroclub.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for air conditioning. If you are a light sleeper you might want a room away from...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda G
Galashiels, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

As you all can see I get about and in my previous role as an inspector having seen bad reviews I was diving in to the EuroClub with both feet and kept an open mind.

Firstly I have stayed in 3, 4 & 5* hotels around the world and also stayed with the biggest names in the business yet none have with welcoming vibe the staff infused throughout this wee gem of a hotel.

Myself and another 4 members of my family at stayed at the EuroClub and we decided to go half board, myself and one family member paid £483 through travelrepublic and I was gob-smacked and what you can get for your money in Malta without slumming it.

Lets say £250 per 14 days I might add, half board for around £125 a week basically and I am telling you now in the UK you cant get 7 nights at this price for bed and breakfast so when these other start spouting their crappy reviews you know its nonsense because they clearly were not staying where we we staying and my mother had one of the older styled family rooms so its scheduled to be refitted but it was nice, somewhere as a base.

This hotel opens 365 and with high demand its commendable what they have achieved whist running full capacity if you can get in then book, so enough of the stuff here's my view:

On first arrival we were greeted by the reception area which was spacious and inviting with a massive screen in one corner normally news or movies casually playing in the background opposite 2 corner sofas which invite you to stay a while and relax surf on free Wi-Fi.

I was unsure about check in time but it is the norm to have a 4pm check in with the checkout time being 11am the housekeepers have their work cut out to turn around 100 rooms or more within a few hours so always bear in mind but they also had the all inclusive bistro style cafe/bar area with a terraced area where you could sit have a snack or a drink while you wait.

Paul was on duty with his strong Yorkshire accent to greet us and a smile at 10pm. He showed us to our rooms:

I stayed in 414 with one person it was a twin

Mum and dad and sister all had a family room 422

My room was new Italian styled hotel room with large single beds nicely draped, curtain draping the balcony door to our pool view. With a big ceiling fan above the beds, perfect!

My mum had a family style room and with my room being different in décor, I was in the refurbished floors, but my mums room was as good as the room I stayed in at the San Antonio last year. Mum had pool view, south facing balcony and you had constant sunshine on that balcony from about midday till 7pm. Massive fan on the ceiling too it was more than we were expecting.

Fresh towels everyday, Its normal for weekly sheet changes but for those over sweaters at night just pop out the make up room sign and the girls will sort it. Beds were comfortable and freshly made up daily, bins emptied and floors moped. Welcome pack included a few soaps and shampoo. And with the supermarket at the bottom of the road to buy more toiletries.

Buy your own brands from the shop down the road for added comfort as this place is perfectly priced so you don't mind adding extras to your room like hire a fridge or a kettle option I didn't personally as I hardly use kettles on holiday but my mum did and she hired a fridge and it was peanuts even when added to the overall total the meals were worth that alone and if your on all inclusive which is relativity new venture always improving daily you have more money to spend and have a proper holiday with the EuroClub and Joyce's kids are brilliant they wont be bored.

Just remember this is not Spain, Italy or anywhere else you would try to compare it to, this is Malta and you wont find anywhere else quite like it in a great way.

You could see the back of apartments which I love anyway you can see the locals doing normal stuff but its not an eyesore its interesting, all high end windows etc, Malta is one of the worlds highest population for density with with amazing blue waters that surround it attracts everyone from everywhere and its plant life gecko's and olive palms dotted about is aluring along with its amazing coat lines for divers. Malta makes you realise how much us Brits take for granted.

Mums bathroom floor had been pulled up to repair a previous problem but it had been re-tiled and may need a little more grouting but no major issue said to Rachel at reception about it and she logged it to be sorted - couldn't ask for anything else. Nice bedding, curtains and fixtures, hair-dryer, full length mirror and TV with channels in every language more or less.

Some of the pictures from bathroom windows looked bad, but it is not a window it is a air shaft, Malta get so hot that to cool bathrooms or bedrooms these shaft are built in to the main structure to allow air to channel through it like a massive air duct helping to cool through high heats. These are indicative to buildings in the med in central locations and residential blocks.

We arrived late so headed out to the kebab shop on the end of the road for a quick bite, then headed to bed.

Breakfast arrived 8.00 - 10.00am, We went down in to the dining room, it was nice clean lovely polished stone flooring, solid wooden chairs all matching and nice tables with a glass top:

It was full English and also continental option with meats and cheese then jams, honey for toast and a few different types of bread.

My mum fancied scrambled eggs so just asked the server and they obliged no hassle no fuss and mum said they were amazing, I always had a few sausages a fried egg and beans with toast and an orange juice, brilliant.

After we went to the pool and Hari god love him has got to be one of the hardest working men I have met in a long while, always pottering about doing all-sorts of stuff around the pool placing sunbeds and cleansing and he met us once and my mum loved him we all did he met us all and this man can speak 7 languages and he is a character with a warm heart and a great asset to the EuroClub.

Every morning that Hari put out deck chairs for my mum in the spot she like so welcoming.

For lunch we had the option of eating out front or pool kitchen with the lovely Joyce and her family where you could order snacks and drinks which were great value and she makes proper toasties like the breville ones we have back home , That made my day and great value.

There are 2 pools one inside with a spa pool attached with a massive retractable window opening in to the pool area, the pool small but quaint but don't let the size fool you its great size and depth easy to access and its a sun trap and they have a slide for the kids but mostly adults were having a go. In the evening there is poolside bingo.

On came dinner time 6.30 -8.00pm, I was excited to see what was on offer:

There was a salad bar every night and the most amazing soup we have ever had from pumpkin, vegetable, chicken, minestrone, lentil, leek and potato home-made (not packet soup) with fresh bread.

Then for mains there was always some type of pasta dish, sometimes fish, pork, chick, lasagne, chicken and rice dishes, and full Sunday dinners with a yorkie, great choice and the most amazing vegetable dishes some I had never tried before.

My sister is a vegetarian and Nina and her staff made sure if Helen wanted anything to inform the staff in the morning and she would get a special prepared dish, pasta or maybe an omelette if she liked but Helen's pure veggie so she ate loads of pasta, so hard to cook for her normally and she loved the food.

You have a choice of fruit normally a type of melon or jelly and fruit, cake which were delicious or you could have a coffee.

3/4 course meal is well over 9.50 in the local places for just 3 course the value of the food is worth it alone here at the EuroClub.

You can buy drinks there too so its more than what we need.

Teresa is one in a million, a hard worker, great personality and an asset to Sayed and the Owners. She can have a conversation and like her Manager Sayed they do not forget and you become not just a face but more of a friend to them. This hotel has one of the best front of house management I have met with its fusion of worldwide staffing choices. Serving in the dining hall along with Rachel and they are a dynamic team together absolutely brilliant and full of charm.

Teresa is always smiling and running back and forth she is so warm to talk to and you can crack and laugh with her I can see why Sayed and Peers hired her because she is worth every penny and more, we bought more from the reception bar and in the dining room because she was working, 12 hr shifts and she is the All Inclusive personal host along with another charming server and I have forgotten his name but he also was excellent. I personally would train her for reception too as along with Maria and Rachel first impressions count.

What I don't understand is how other could take the worst possible pictures and anyone can make anything look even worse when placed with a bad review, some people moan just to bloody moan and there is no please some people with different cultures its a fact but this place does maintain its ethics.

The catering bain marie areas were all neat tidy, sparkling clean and no blue wires like one of the pictures its clean, well presented its like two different worlds. The EuroClub I seen was great and for what we paid that would be an understatement. This place is always improving and any hotelier will tell you the same its a constant evolving niche market.

The EuroClub is family owned and run and let me tell you don't ever forget what you paid because you can get a week in Newquay and get this level of service and meals at next to nothing and credit is due to the EuroClub, Sayed & his staff.

From the front of house reception from our lovely Rachel she is the smiling blonde with brains this lady is truly seasoned in the hotelier trade. She is super efficient and always sorting something. A great welcome from Rachel and with her faces fit, she always cares how your day has been , if your enjoying your stay.

You can tell Rachel is customer service through and through if you have a problem go speak to her because if you keep you mouth shut and then come on here slating them off and it is unjust then how can you help Sayed & his team improve if you gave them the chance your review would be saying similar to me. Great choice Sayed. Excellent management.

Then we have the amazing Maria, this woman was a smile as inviting as the ocean and lovely big eyes and a great personality. A pure Maltese lady. She takes no nonsense and gets the job done but the staff that she organises normally Sayed's right hand woman from what I could see, so professional and such a good laugh.

Maria loves this hotel and its part of her and if something is not done she will crack the whip and get it done and a strong hotel needs a strong woman who has the loving warmth like your own mother and such a great heart. I thought she was amazing and loved the times we spoke and without fail we would walk in to her great smile asking "how was our day" and had our key prepared. Its the small personal touches like these that make a big influence. Grazzi Bella

I then had the pleasure of meeting Joyce and her family they are excellent, she is funny, smart and a lovable character and her family Mario and the children and her father this truly is a family business, when you come to the hotel its a fusion and i love that, what the owners are trying to achieve Sayed will and does deliver and his skills are what you would expect from a manager of operations at the Hilton.

This place attracts amazing people from all over and we have met some amazing people and the great thing about this hotel, idiots will be removed by security. 97 guest rooms have more priority over 1 room and that's the way it should be.

Sayed is so professional, caring and charismatic and when I say to the owners you have made the best decision in appointing Sayed because with his high level of management and deep understanding which is a sure sign of his culture, He has the skills and the drive to lift this hotel and make it everything it is already at heart, more up to date without losing its charm and family appeal or values.

Once the renovations of the other family rooms are complete and to be honest if they added some spa facility and a few other things,(it already boasts a hairdressers, an internet cafe, their own attached bar called "The Watsons" live entertainment several nights a week and sports screens, karaoke once a week and the brilliant staff running the whole thing, good lads work in their and the rest of their staff. There's bingo nightly you can win 150 euro for a house and more sometimes).

Definitely add a gym overlooking the pool you have the space. A few wee addition extras they will quite easily achieve a 4* in the future, all the nicks and mishaps are being taken care of there is a new sheriff in town so to speak and he is a professional, I keep it straight and direct and you can see from my pics there is more in store for this place in the future a lavish bigger and better reception as they have bought next door so if your looking for a brilliant hotel which is 2 minutes from the bus station in Buggiba.

Also a short walk from the square for more night-life then this is your place and remember treat this place well, you are a guest so don't treat it poor because they are hard working honest people not some big giant tycoon out for every penny this is their heart life and livelihood so be sure to remember how you would feel if this was your home and we can help them succeed to where Sayed is working so hard to strive for and he will and it surely will be well deserved.

If you look at these mock reports slating of this hotel, most are fake as its Malta and there is more than meets the eye and unfortunately with money being tight in every city and business some of the competition will drive for petty ways to ask others to deface their hard work.

You have your own mid and with its surroundings and the people who frequent there, the EuroClub will be a holiday you wont forget in a positive way.

Thank you for having us and we look forward to returning next year.

Cheers

Room Tip: Check out my other reviews for great places to eat, boats trips and more, I lived in Malta years ago...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rob C
Lichfeild
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is budget accommodation which we were expecting. Extensive renovation work is being carried out which causes some disruption. Our room was spacious and cleaned daily but unfortunately not too well.
On arrival we were sent away for 1 hour as we were too early and they needed to prepare the room. Initially staff were helpful and friendly.
Our main complaint would be the all inclusive package. Lunch was a four choice snack menu to be ordered from the bar between 1pm - 3pm but when we tried to order at 2.30pm we were informed that service had ceased as 'no one had turned up'. Food was however served to paying customers all day.. Breakfast and dinner were buffet style and satisfactory for the price range but food was cleared away well prior to the advertised closing time. Drinks were grudgingly served and excuses given as to why bar service was unavailable - we were informed on check in that drinks were served 11am - 11pm. Stocks were not replenished eg tonic was finished on the first night of our stay and no more was provided. Although all inclusive is a new venture for this hotel we were given the impression by bar staff that we were having 'too many free drinks'; but they must realise that all inclusive guests have pre paid for the service and are entitled to expect a range of local beer, wines and spirits etc for the entirety of their stay.

Room Tip: A thorough clean is needed - floor and shelves in particular.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookable Holidays

3 Thank DancinTheNiteAway

Travellers are raving about these Qawra hotels

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Staying only one night, whilst the room is a great size and the bathroom is massive , the floor is slippy due to being all tiled , the bathroom is dated and there was no hot water for the bath , the staff are pleasant though and I guess if you just want a base to sleep on it would be fine

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Robert G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Avoid, avoid avoid.
Dull, Dark and Depressing. Rooms are dark and dirty, and poorly maintained. This is NO WAY a 3 star hotel, more like a 1 star. This hotel is for locals looking for a couple of nights stay.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Blackbeauty100
Simonkts, General Manager at Euroclub Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I am sorry to say the trip advisor have to insure the all reviews here are from persons they stayed in hotels they write the reviews about them . not everyone have the right to write bad about people without any prove in them hand and we as hotel have the right to know who is write good or bad about us so we can reply them with thanks .
The way this review been showing to people here fully unfair to the hotel business without any details this my reply about MR/MRS unknown
Many Thanks
Sayed Akl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Topaz Hotel
#5 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
San Pawl Hotel
San Pawl Hotel
#11 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Euroclub Hotel? Share your experiences!