“Not the Ritz,but i didn't pay for the Ritz.”
Review of Euroclub Hotel

Euroclub Hotel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Qawra
newton-le-willows
“Not the Ritz,but i didn't pay for the Ritz.”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Just returned from this hotel & although it appears to be a bit antiquated at first glance, we found the place more than ideal for our holiday.The food was more than adequate,accommodation comfortable & the people we met were superb,some returning year after year. The staff were helpful & friendly,room service every day & Euroclub is centrally located within easy walk of the seafront,shops,bars & bus station from where it is possible to reach every part of the island cheaply. Will definitely be returning!!

Thanks & best wishes to Sayeed & his staff.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dave&marg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
berlin
Reviewed 5 October 2010

After doing some research I found this hotel and decided to go for it as I was looking for something quite affordable and in a good location. The hotel was quite nice and I am surprise why some people rate it so lowly. If you are expecting a nice 3 start hotel for a good price, then this is the place to go. I have absolutely no complains about it, in fact the managers were all very kind and always trying to help me out with directions, tips, etc.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank germansausage
saltcoats
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We stayed for 6 weeks May into June(see my last report).This time we stayed for 4 weeks .The service this time was greatly improved. Rooms cleaned every day, fresh towels,the toilets and shower were imaculate,The breakfast has been upgraded to a full english as well as cold meat and cheese .My cornflakes were olso very dry, as a previous guest commented ( did he like his soggy?) I couldn't fault the evening meals, having a very good chioce of meat or fish.A different soup every night as well as ,ham.tuna or cheese salads ,or pasta,and ice cream or Cake or .,some times melon for a sweet. I have yet to find better value any where in Malta and we have being going there for 25 years.Sayed the manager works very hard even helping to serve tables when they are busy,and it gets busy because Sayed does not restrict guests to a certain meal time as they do in all other hotels. He is always very well dressed wearing a coller and tie during the day and very smart casual clothes at night. Mario the waiter does a great job having to cope with 30 to 40 guests at the one time.Sayed must be doing some thing right because evry time we are at the Euro Club we see the same people ,they just keep comeing back time and time again.we have already booked for next year .well done Sayed and his staff, Sam and Liz Taylor , Saltcoats .

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saltySaltcoats
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2010

we have just come back from staying at the euroclub hotel,my husband and i loved every minute.our room was excellent cleaned every day fresh towels.food was good and varied sayed also changed breakfast which included english breakfast if you wanted it.we cant wait to book again to go back next summer for two weeks.look forward to seeing all the staff there they are so friendly especially mario.sayed is a lovely man and a very hardworking manager.yvonne and barrie

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Ok - where do we start? The room we had was filthy - wear white socks and realise that the floor has not been mopped in weeks. Air-con? Nope - the room was fitted with 2 fans which worked well, BUT they only work when the key is inserted in the electric circuit so when you are out during the day the room heats up like a furnace. The bathroom was Ok but there was no air-con or fan. Spend a few minutes in it and you'll be sweating like anything. The door lock can be opened by sticking a key in the end of the lock and turning it, irrespective of which room your key fits. Breakfast - dreadful. Dry cornflakes - stale bread with a toaster that burns the bread towards cremation - sweaty cheese and ham out of a packet.. And that is it. Apart from a full english breakfast that several ordered but nobody ate. The towels in the room had been patched and had holes in them. This "hotel" is seriously bad. Two of the four mattresses in our room had holes in them. Silverfish crawled across the floor. And as for the staff.. Saeed the Manager is a star who is so let down by his minions. We had cause to come across a receptionist three times during our stay. She didn't know how to lock a room door and just shrugged her shoulders - the trick is to turn and push - she didn't know how to use the room safe (and I still don't) and when asked if the pool had showers nearby, once again she answered "I don't know". As for the balcony, it overlooked a square with a karoke pub which meant that the noise went long into the night - great when you have a seven year old trying to sleep. This hotel is seriously bad - unless you are 18 and partying every night don't even think about staying at this hotel - it is rubbish.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank vicmerson
Simonkts, General Manager at Euroclub Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2010
I thank you for your review, especially the positive comment you have made about Me
But I am very realistic person. Working 24/7 to build what you try to ????????
Having the hotel full does not always easy however – I try
I would like to say, I do not understand your comment concerning Breakfast meals in the hotel. Whilst food is always subject to taste and tradition, Our guests come from all over the world , and we treat everyone with the same respect. So breakfast it is not only full English breakfast .or dinner fish and chips
We do maid service every day, towels changed daily {but not with holes in them} and sheets on the 3rd day. Bathrooms are cleaned every day. As per guest questionaire for July 90% of guests taught maid service was very good.
You had a room at the front of the hotel on the 2th floor. . It was certainly a large and new well furnished room, with a very large 2 balcony. The room included a good sized of bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities. Unfortunately with 4 beds for you/your wife and 7 years old child which is free of charge as will .and as you has been noted where is Superior rooms with air conditioning { The air-con not in the bathroom} but they still have to pay for it .and the air-con still not on when they are not in the room –like what we do all at home .I think you did the same at home ?? in your 5 nights stay you only discovered the S/pools on the day of your departure .because you don’t want pay to keep the room . I hope you find the answer for your questions there.{ there shower or not}
Outside the hotel, there are many restaurants, bars, shops a few minutes walk. Qawra and its sister town of Bugibba are purpose built tourist resorts – this could be a good or bad thing depending on your personal tastes! All the have short season and they need to do money for the winter time so they open late time as all family and kids on holiday and they did not need to be in bed from 11.00 PM
In summary, the Euroclub hotel is either a moderate 3 star or very good 3 star hotel depending on your point of view.
Dear Sir I do NOT run rubbish Hotel. I have guest he paid for beer and asked for ????????

Travellers are raving about these Qawra hotels

saltcoats
Reviewed 29 June 2010

my wife and I stayed here for 6 weeks May through to end of June. Its a long time in the one hotel but we found it very good value for money.The room and bed was clean,pleanty towels and changed every day.For the money ,breakfast is O.K. dinner at night had a choice of about 5 main courses with soup and a sweet usually cake ,but never any ice cream.Any wee problems I had were soon sorted out by Siyeed the Manager who is a very nice man,very wise and very friendly.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
kent
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Just come home from my second stay at this hotel,also stayed there in march this year.I find this hotel a perfect place to stay.Good friendly staff,close to bus station and everything you need really.My room was cleaned daily on both visits,plenty of hot water and the breakfast was fine.I will definately be staying here again. Thanks for a great stay will be back very soon.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Qawra
Topaz Hotel
#7 of 13 in Bugibba
San Pawl Hotel
San Pawl Hotel
#10 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Euroclub Hotel? Share your experiences!