My husband and I have just come back from Malta where we spent a week at the Sunny Coast. I wasn't expecting much as I had only paid £180 for 7 nights ... but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.
We arrived at 12.30pm and altough it said on our reservation summary that we could only check-in from 4pm, we were given our room straight away. We were on the 6th floor (room 608) and loved the studio we were given. I had booked an inland view studio but due to the location of the hotel, this studio is actually facing the sea!(see photo).
The studio was very well equiped with all the utensils you need to cook, a toaster, a kettle and even an OVEN!! (not a tiny and tacky microwave, a brand new oven)! The studio is effectively a two-room appartement because you have your kitchenette (with sofabed) and a bedroom. Everything was very clean and new. I found the housekeeping staff very good. They changed our towels everyday and washed the floor at least once every other day. They were also very friendly the few times I spoke to them. We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment on the food.
The swimming pool, which is located on the other side of the road, is big enough and clean. The sunbeds are very comfy (for having spent a number of hours on them sunbathing!!).
Overall, I have to say, we had an incredible stay at this hotel. I think it would be unfair not to mention an amazing lady called Lilianne who works at the reception of the hotel. I have never met someone so friendly at a reception desk. She is a credit to the hotel and I can honestly say that we are considering coming back next year partly thanks to her!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunny Coast Resort and Spa is ideally located in one of Malta's most beautiful bays. The Resort offers an easy and relaxing experience and has its own Leisure Centre, situated in a separate area across the hotel by the water's edge together with its private beach, large outdoor swimming pool together with a children's pool, three jacuzzis, a heated indoor pool, sauna and massage rooms, squash court and a fully air-conditioned gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunny Coast Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunny Coast Resort And Spa
- Sunny Coast Hotel Qawra
- Sunny Coast Resort & Spa Malta/Qawra