“Basic Apartment but value for money”

Shamrock Apartments
Ranked #1 of 6 Bugibba B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

We were 5 of us stay in Shamrock apartment .Although the apartment is fairy basic but you got all your basic need,simple and effective.I must admit the bed in the apartment they are not comfortable ,it keep making a funny noise as you turn but apart from that we had a lovely stay.The owner Antilda and her son Robert always happy to help .Our oven in the apartment wasn't working but the problem was solved after we asked.If we are going back to Malta again I would definitely book Shamrock apartment.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Piyanut

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Spent a week here with my boyfriend. We booked here because the price was so reasonable and were a little apprehensive but it was absolutely brilliant. From start to finish the owners were really helpful and friendly. The apartment was really really big and spotlessly clean. The kitchen had everything you'd need for making a simple meal, the living area was spacious with a small tv (lots of channels and Wifi also good) and the bedroom had plenty of storage. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice with plenty of sun loungers. My only complaint would be that the bed was a little on the hard side but I got used to it by the end of the week! The location is very convenient for getting around, the bus station is a short walk as is the sea, lots of bars and restaurants. In fact two of the best restaurants are literally around the corner, La Sorpressa and Flora Asian restaurant. Would highly recommend these apartments to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank B C
Reviewed 21 February 2013

In the days just before Ash Wednesday, Carnival takes place in Malta and I had never seen it before. I decided to try a last minute booking. I had some Air Miles with Air Malta and they were very accommodating so all I needed was somewhere to stay. I went straight to Trip Adviser and found the Shamrock Apartments in Bugibba with really good reviews and so I called them. The front of house of this family business is run by mother and son, Antida & Robert Sammut. Although their main apartments were fully occupied with long winter stays, they had something else available in a neighbouring road which they kindly offered to me for the five days of my trip. Bugibba is not the easiest of towns to drive around but a quick mobile call brought Antida on to the main road to find me and guide me to the apartment. It was fantastic; large with two comfortable bedrooms and a more than adequate modern kitchen, dining room and lounge. Both Antida & Robert made sure that I had everything that I needed for my stay. I did not have a chance to see the rooms in the Shamrock block but if they were anything like the accommodation I had, no one would have complained. This is a business that really does know the importance of Customer Service; I can't rate it highly enough.

Room Tip: Bugibba is one of the two main tourist areas in Malta the other being Paceville. Both have multi-sc...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2013

we've been here twice and can honestly say this is the nicest self catering place ive ever stayed in. stayed as a family and a couple, antida is lovely and remembered me from the year before, she even remembered what apartment i stayed in previously. as for the apartments, we were shocked by how big, and clean the place is! 2 bedrooms, a large kitchen, dining area, and even a living area with 2 big balconies. perfect for a long trip! the roof top is lovely to sunbathe on and the pool area is good too. could not fault it. excellently priced and excellent location. right in the heart of bugibba!! could not recomment more.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank danielle w
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed in August 2012 and would absolutely recommend this place to someone who doesn't want to throw all their money at accommodation and still wants a clean well suited place! 5 of us stayed in a good sized room (1 double, 1 twin, 1 single parked out in the lounge area) room had a small kitchen area and fridge and a couple of balconies at the front. The building also has a rooftop pool with about a dozen sun loungers which was a great way to spend the morning before heading out into the bustle!

Bugibba is a very built up tourist area swamped by English tourists but we found that the location of Shamrock very close to the central bus station meant we didnt feel far from exploring.

Antida (owner) was very helpful and suggesting activities and offered to book and could haggle a discount! Make sure you stop and see her she is a lovely hostess!

All in all i think we paid approx 80Euros each for a week stay and had NO complaints about that!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kurt H
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 4 weeks over xmas and new year in apartment number 12. From the moment we arrived I knew we had made an excellent choice. Thr room was extremley clean and very spacious. We had 2 decent sized bedrooms a large living area and well equipped kitchen and 2 balconies. We were made to feel very welcome by the owner Antida and her helpful son Robert. Would we stay here again - without a doubt can't wait for our next visit. The apartments were close to all bars and restaurants and close to local bus station. These apartments are just off the main street so no noise at all. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front catch the morning sun
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie3769
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have not yet stayed here, but am going with a friend in April. I went to confirm our booking whilst I was in Bugibba....and was shown round by the lovely Adnita and helped with info by her son Robert.

They were lovely....and it can only bode well for us next year when we are there for a month.

So looking forward to flying out on 28th March and having a nice relaxing time.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank brendagc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bugibba
Dolmen Resort Hotel
#6 of 15 in Qawra
Ramla Bay Resort
Ramla Bay Resort
#7 of 12 in Mellieha

Been to Shamrock Apartments? Share your experiences!