“Great holiday”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bugibba
Elgin, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great holiday”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We booked the hotel on a late deal never having been to the hotel before. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The rubbish was removed every day. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is just a short walk from Bugibba and was far enough away from the clubs. there are plenty of shops and restaurants to choose from. A good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Maynooth, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We have been staying in Mavina for the last fifteen years and have always found it just perfect. It is in a great location,near bars, cafes, nightclubs. The rooms are always clean. The staff are the best ever so friendly they are all just like our extended family and cannot do enough to make sure your stay in the most enjoyable experience. The only negative thing I can say is that I cant stay there as often as I would like. The swimming pool is just so private and well kept. I am looking forward to my return visit in September and meeting up with all the friends that I have made during my stay in the Mavina Holiday Complex.

Room Tip: If it is quite that you are looking for look for a room on the south and the front of the hotel gets...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margaret F
Cumbria
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I had a very nice and large apartment on the fifth floor overlooking the back, with two beds put together to form a kingsize: exactly as I requested, but I found that it needed a touch of TLC, for which I would have paid a lot more. I needed nice non-lumpy pillows, a duvet, larger sheets, comfortable chairs, more electric sockets, a heated towel-rail in the bathroom (this was December/January and there was a small heater for the main room), more and hotter water, a remote control for the TV (which provided more English speaking programmes than the 4-star I moved to later) and better housekeeping, which wouldn't cost them that much, and would ensure my return. I was prepared to clean up after myself, but didn't expect to have to clean the apartment, particularly the bathroom, when I arrived; there was a mop and bucket, such as I haven't seen since the 1940s/50s, on the balcony, but no modern squeegee - was that for my use? And I would have expected them to supply basic cleaning materials and products, but had to buy my own from the excellent supermarkets which abound locally. And the room card, and I checked with reception, promised me that the floor would be washed once a week - it wasn't ever and hadn't been before I arrived, and the bins were sort of partially emptied irregularly. There was no inventory, and I did not want to pay for the missing and broken items when I arrived - but those on reception sorted it very swiftly without question. I spoke to others staying there, and they experienced the same things. I suggest that housekeeping be monitored and improved, that no smoking be allowed on the flat roof, as it penetrated the hallways and the lifts and my apartment, nor in the doorway of the building, that the lift be given a damn good clean, and an inventory be supplied! I stayed two of my three scheduled weeks, but needed some comfort and adequate hot water so moved to a nearby hotel for the third, for which I paid a very reasonable €32 pn B&B. The girls on reception at the Mavina were lovely, although the men shouted, as Maltese men tend to do, but the breakfast was too basic and bread not good, so I ate there only twice. Perhaps if the Mavina spent a little money on upgrading their apartments and breakfasts to the minimum comforts we expect, I would be more than happy to stay there again, and willingly pay more.

Room Tip: Front rooms get afternoon sun, but also the noise from Incognito, the restaurant on the corner. Bac...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LeoneCumbria
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2013

just got back after a 28 day stay at the Mavina good hotel staff helpful and friendly central location good shops buses ext good english hairdresser opposite [ louise ] the owner very helpful and freiedly we will return in December

Room Tip: prefer rooms at the back
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 356aaaaaa123
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

I have been to Malta a few times now and I will never stay here again, between the cockroaches that we had in the kitchen and the thumping music that is played from 10p.m. till 2a.m. its been the worst place i have stayed in Malta.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank jo l

Travellers are raving about these Bugibba hotels

Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have stayed here for about 10years always great service and value also staff very helpful and rooms are just hat you need all amenities are within walking distance the food in restaurant us great i always have a half wine with meal for about 4euros very nice give it a ryy you will not be disappointed

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank jrlunniss
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Very pleasant self catering apts with several supermarkets within 3-4 minutes walk. Similarly the bus station is also very close and being at the beginning of the bus routes means you can get a seat!! Malta buses tend to be very crowded, more so if you try to board half way thru' a route, then it becomes standing room only. Nos 12 and 32 go to Valletta, 12 goes on the coast road, 32 goes inland but can be faster. Either way it takes about an hour.
Best rooms at these apts are the ones at the back in block 2 which overlook a builders yard. You get minimal noise here at night. Over reception, in the front, you may get a little noise at times from bars etc.
Several timeshare people around accosting tourists and offering freebies if you go along to a session in a couple of the local hotels. Your choice if you want the freebies.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank moggin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bugibba
Relax Inn Hotel
#5 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Mavina Aparthotel
Mavina Aparthotel
#9 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Mavina Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!