“Worth a another visit!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Steak House
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Worth a another visit!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Huge portions! Nice experience will surely visit again. Had a massive mix of grill as a starter. Massive. Then was main, mix grill.... ate for a wk!

1 Thank stefancurmi

Island of Malta, Malta
“Night out to forget”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I've been thinking to go and try this steak house every time pass in front of it to go to Bugibba ... Finally I went in with a friend Sunday night .... What a mistake ..... The place look like if the time stopped in the 70's ...but nothing wrong with it unless.............. Service does not exist .... the menu' starts with a liquid hot presented as a vegetable soup ...... can not be described ...... followed by garlic mushrooms and chicken wings ..... no comment . chicken kebab and spare ribs was the unfortunate choice as main .... the kebab really smelled badly, the ribs were just boiled in some kind of liquid and than covered with a disgusting barbecue sauce .... some thing that I would not give to a coyote ,,,,, on the border line of an alimentary intoxication .. The Hygiene Department should really look into it .... We asked for a fiscal receipt but we were refused and left with a page listing our dishes .... ..final price with 1 pint of cisk and 1 still water euro 58,00 for 2 pax... believe me the price was the last worry .... Double cross : 1 black to cancel the place and a red one to go to hospital !!!!!! I really could not believe what was served !!!!! And there was about 15 pax ....!!!! WHAT A DISASTER !!! those places should not exist at all .............

• Visited February 2014
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Worst steak house ever”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have been going to Malta for many years, the steak house used to be full the food was fantastic.

With deep regret I would not take my dog in their to eat, everything was deep fried from chicken wings to cheese sticks, which came with no cheese inside. On asking for bbq ribs for main meal, they was off the menu that evening. Being a Thursday I would of thought they would off bought in ready for the weekend. We decided just to have starters as above mention.

On complaining to the waitress who was so lovely and so apologetic, why she is working their I do not know.

The manager who did the cooking was very off putting as not only he cooked the meals he also wrote the bills out and on the till at the far end of the steak house, I began to think who was cooking our meals, this method off his cooking explained he was multi tasking.

On watching the cook/manager/ receptionist all in one walk back to the kitchen he wiped his nose with his fingers and hand on forehead.

On complaining, the waitress informed the manager of our complaint, which he sent a apologetic, but could not be even bothered to come over to the table and speak to us. Theirs was only 6 people in at 9.30 in the evening.

The best thing the steak house franchise could do is to put new management in and get it up and moving again.

My last rant, the manager thought I was just a tourist And we would never been seen again thats why he could not be bothered of the complaint. Far from it been coming to Malta for the last 23 years and eaten at many good places, shame the manager let himself down.

My advice don't go you will waste your money.

• Visited December 2013
Mosta, Malta
“I won't go again”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The atmosphere and theme is nice, also the steak was nice but sadly that's just about the only things that were. The potatoes were very oily, and the rack of ribs was frankly terrible and the soft drinks were watered down.

• Visited January 2014
Pieta, Malta
“YUMMY YUMMY - one of the best experiences”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Yesterday evening, my bf and I visited The Steak House in Bugibba (next to the Empire Cinema) after my sister suggested it to me. We were greeted by friendly staff who took care that nothing was missing during our visit. For starter, I took butterfly shrimps with chilli sauce (yummy). For main, we ordered 500g fillet and 350g kangaroo fillet. The fillet was ordered well cooked and when served, it was of light brownish colour from the inside and really tender. My bf loved it as usually, well cooked meat is served tough or in some cases, extremely tough. My kangaroo was ordered medium rare and it was literally melting in my mouth. For sides we had 2 fresh salads, a jacket potato, french fries, mushroom sauce and bread. For desert, we ordered a cappuccino, and 2 ice creams (coconut and limoncello). After a few minutes I was informed that there was a problem with the coffee machine and thus, no cappuccino could be served. I made no fuss out of it as these are things that happen. However, they called somebody and fixed the machine and my cappuccino was served YAY :) For drinks we had 2 lagers and 2 cokes - total price of Euro 70 - will definitely visit again.

• Visited November 2013