“Excellent fish!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This little gem on Triq it-Touristi serves the best fish I've had from a fish shop. The fish is lightly battered so it doesn't have that greasy chip shop taste and it doesn't sit heavy in your stomach! The chips on the other hand were not as good - they were undercooked. Typical chip shop interior and friendly staff. Would definitely go here again for the fish! Great value for money too.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank becky12345

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Herts
“Excellent value for Money”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very generous portions, quick service and friendly staff. Very popular so needed to wait before space was available inside.

Visited May 2014
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Food is great and at a cracking price.. we went several times and loved every meal.

Owner and staff are very friendly and easy to chat to.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Maddog1979
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not Cod”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were recommended to this eatery by some friends and ended up disappointed. I love my cod and chips and regularly eat at Squires of Braunton who serve nothing but cod loins. As soon as I saw the price of cod and chips at Sea Shells I realised that something was not quite right. It costs a lot to transport cod to Malta which makes it expensive to buy. They were charging 4 Euros 95 for cod and chips, not much profit there.
The meal arrived, my partner had ordered fishcake and chips (which was excellent by the way) and I had the cod. There was a lot of batter to get through before getting to the fish which was of a slimy texture and not large flakes like cod. It was a cat fish, Pangasius ( River Cobbler in Tescos) farmed in Vietnam and thereabouts. Nothing wrong with that but why sell it as cod? We should all know what we are eating. Fair play to the waitress, I told her it had never swum in the sea and she offered to get me something else.
It hasn't put me off tho'. I like the look of some of the things on the menu but will be checking them out before eating.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lucida100
malta
“Very reasonable prices”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I tried this Fish & Chip Shop and I was not disappointed. What it lacks in ambience, it makes up for it in food and very reasonable budget prices. Most of the food is marked around the 5 Euros price range. The menu is varied and those who do not like fish and chips can opt for burgers, pasta or other type of food. I chose a fish and chips while my friends opted for a pasta. Friendly service and good food. Therefore I could not ask for more. Certainly good value for money.

• Visited April 2014