“Maltese food at its finest”
Review of Malet Restaurant

Malet Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 170 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am of Maltese descent with a Mother that cooks Maltese food so I was a bit skeptical that it could stand up to Mom's home cooking. But I must say that Mom, you've met your match! We went to Malet on our last night in Malta. I wish we would have gone on our first night, because we would have returned. The selection was great, the service was awesome, and the quality second to none. My cousin and I both had the rabbit raviolis. They were awesome! My husband had the ros il-forn (baked rice) and my sister had the ghajen il-forn (sp?) baked macaroni. My mother makes both these dishes on a regular basis. Malet nailed these dishes as both were very tasty and not too dry. I also loved that the waiter told us the history of the name Malet and how it transformed into Malta. If you want authentic Maltese seek out this gem in Bugibba!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

very good resturant,good food and service a little bit off the prominard but a must to find, you wont be disapointed if you only go to a resturant once or twice on your holiday go to this one

1  Thank PeteandAva
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This restaurant was actually recommended to us by people we got chatting to in the hotel. We finally located it in a street off the main town road down near Bugibba square. It didn't stand out, particularly, but we thought we would give it a try based on what people had said.
To say that we were please would be an understatement. The menu offered a wide range of foods - starters, pastas, grills, fish dishes, stews and pizzas. A variety of wines to suit your meal.
Dinner began with a complementary serving of the house soup. The main meal was nicely prepared and presented and just by looking at it, we couldn't wait to get started. It really was a very nice evening meal, followed by a sweet that was delicious.
The service provided was excellent, asked two or three times if everything was ok by the smiling and most pleasant waiter (who turned out to be the owner of Malet - his wife runs the kitchen) we felt very well looked after.
The restaurant is spotlessly clean, well laid out and very welcoming. We went three times during our stay and will definitely go next time we are in Malta. We were, to sum it up, really pleased.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

You should absolutely go to Malet restaurant. Local food is spectacular... You must try Maltese wines... Octopus is fantastic. A must in Bugibba. 10+!!!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Been going here for 4 years, the best restaurant in the area, the owner (front of house) and the chef (his wife) never fail to remember us and make us feel like special guests, the food whether traditional maltese of more european is to die for as are the small soup "shots" given fee to all diners, tip: try fhe quals.