“a taste and flavour sensation”
Review of New Madras

New Madras
Ranked #14 of 170 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was advised to try this by another restaurant owner. his restaurant is also top class. we visited this as not great fans of Indian cuisine but left converted . the food was extremely tasty and very well presented. it was a taste bud sensation and tasted like no other meal I have had in an Indian. the mix of herbs and spices did not fail to please.the chef is the proprietor and is a great chef . we visited once more and enjoyed this as much . quite understated and could be missed if not careful it is a little gem . please visit it and I am sure you will be impressed.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very nice ambience. The food was excellent. The service was very friendly and efficient. Not the cheapest Indian restaurant to eat, but definatly the tastiest. Will surely visit again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We visited on our three year anniversary as a change to hotel food. It's down a little side street away from all the main bars and restaurants so we were a bit hesitant but in the end we were very impressed. Drinks were reasonably priced for a restaurant, think cobra was about €3 and gin and tonic was €4. There were bottles of wine for around €8 too. The waitress spilt the cobra but she was very apologetic and it really wasn't a problem! We had starters, I recommend the chicken soup - I've never seen soup before in an Indian restaurant but it was very nice, as were the bhajis. Me and my partner both had a main, and we shared a rice, naan and a bombay aloo. The portions are a decent size and this was more than enough for us two. At first when we looked at the menu we thought it was a little expensive, it's about €6 for rice and about €10 for a curry when we're used to paying £2/3 and £6/7 retrospectively. Overall we spent about €45 I think and we didn't feel hard done by, it felt as though it was worth it. I would definitely recommend this place and I would return if I was ever in Bugibba again. Thanks for a lovely meal to the staff

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I are not hard core food critics...but we love good food...and its sometimes hard to find those places when you have a extremely picky eater in the bunch...but nonetheless...this restaurant fit the bill...even our picky eater was satisfied with his meal and this rarely happens for us...if you are looking for good Indian cuisine give this place a try...not to mention they have a TripAdvisor certificate of excellence which has to mean something!!!!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently went to the New Madras which is close to where I live. After a bad experience at an Indian restaurant in St. Julian's I wasn't so sure Malta could offer anything close to what I'm used to in the UK. But, me and my partner were very pleasantly surprised and we had a great evening there.

The service was great - very friendly waiters who looked after their customers and who clearly worked very hard to keep it running smoothly.
The food was absolutely delicious. We had poppadoms served with great condiments (like in the UK) and as a starter onion bahji's and vegetable samosas which were just perfect. As a main we had a Tikka Masala and Madras with pilau rice and a plain and peshwari naan. Portions were big - I am a big eater and only just managed to finish it all (apart from the naan).

The chef, who was very friendly, came up to ask if we liked it.

Of course it is a little more expensive than in the UK as it's more of a speciality in Malta but I was happy to pay the price and I will definitely be returning here! My only dislike was that the table and chair was quite low for me (I'm tall) but hey...that's not a dealbreaker.

On a sidenote, the waiters were also very friendly and patient with customers next to us who had never eaten Indian before and had no idea what to order.