“best in Bugibba”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Ate four times here during our stay. It was certainly the best in Bugibba, fresh food and home cooked. The other restaurants we tried seemed to use mostly processed food and not fresh. Very reasonably priced as well.

1  Thank nigel m

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Actually, it really doesn't get much worse than this! I will NEVER visit this restaurant again. The food was poor quality prepared to a low standard and presented as slops. The waitresses were nice and that was about the only saving grace for what can only be described as a dreadful dining experience.

1  Thank Nina A
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had fillet steak, my husband had the rib-eye steak. both steaks were lovely, cooked as we wished them to be ie medium. the only thing that bothered my husband was the fact that the veggies slightly smelled of fish, i think that they boiled them near where they were cooking fish. mine tasted ok though. We had the lemon cheesecake which was amazing. we ll surely return, perhaps to try their indian dishes. staff were all polite and attentive. very very good value for money especially i noticed the breakfast on the menu is quite cheap.

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Grannies is a very nice place to be for a breakfast, and a beer in the evening.
Some of the staff who do not speak fluent English are still polite and try their best as its all experience, the thumbs up and pointing at wording on the menu is not patronising for them.
Value is very good, breakfast for €2.95c however I did think the food was a little too greasy (even for a fried breakfast), and the drinks are where they appear to make the most profit by marking them up by 200% on what you can get from the shop round the corner, although they never stop you bringing your own water to the table!
All in all, nice place to be, inside and out, I would go there again and recommend it to others.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

This restaurant advertises itself as a fusion restaurant as it has a regular menu (including pizzas, pastas etc) and an exclusively Indian menu. This was good as my partner and I each ordered from the different menus (he doesn't enjoy spicy food.

The pages of the regular menu looked a bit worn out - we thought could have done with updating as some things were tippexed out.

I ordered vegetable pakora as an appetizer but realised when eating it that in fact it was mixed pakora (including chicken and I think fish). The server had not written our order down from what we seen so perhaps this was where the confusion arose. I didn't mind but the portion was too big for me alone so couldn't manage it all.

For a main I ordered lamb madras and plain rice which was fantastic. Lamb was tender and lovely. One of the servers kindly offered me a glass of plain yoghurt as this curry was hot (as anticipated!).

After our mains we thought a member of staff might offer us the dessert menu but after waiting a while, we decided just to get the bill and leave.

This is a nice restaurant with friendly staff - can't fault the food it was delicious.

For my meal plus two Cokes, two small waters and my partner's order of penne arriabiatta (thoroughly delicious) the bill was €34 - reasonable cost we thought.