“Excellent value for money!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 152 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: Small bar/restaurant situated in Bugibba/Qawra district on island of Malta.
Surrey
“Excellent value for money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

The Apple Bar is a small (but long) bar along Tourist Street. You can get a pint of lager for 1 euro, as well as slightly more expensive ones. Tea and coffee are just 60 cents, and a bag of crisps 50 cents..bargain! They also do snacks like pukka pies and toasted sandwiches.

In the back room there are computers for access to the internet, at much cheaper than the rates at the hotel we stayed at, and a full size snooker table.

It's a very 'British' bar, most of the customers are ex-pats, and all of them friendly and helpful with things to do on the island.

My only gripe is that they had karaoke EVERY night, and for me personally, as it's what I do for a living, I like to get away from it when I'm away. It would have been nice if they had a quiz night at least once during the week, because we did tend to leave once the karaoke started to find a bar that had alternative entertainment (which isn't easy in Bugibba, karaoke is everywhere!) That being said, it was a good sound system and thousands of songs.

It was always busy, both day and night time, although populated mostly with older people, kids wouldn't find a lot to do in there.

Well done Silvio & Sandra and all the staff...we were made to feel very welcome!

Visited January 2013
6 Thank mandyb63

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good company”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

Me and my wife were on holiday in may & again in oct this year ,we spent quite a lot of hours in the Apple Bar,because the staff were friendly especially John,Simon is a good lad ,Sandra makes you feel really welcome,and that alone is comforting,George was home I believe for his 65 th birthday ,,,old got. But please give him my apologies,for missing his ,,,Do ,,, in the wharf pub,will be back next year in April I think,love to you all,you are really good people and we have told all our friends if you go to Malta go to the Apple Bar good ale cheap ale but good,and nice people yours,Pete Bishop

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bishop54
Portsmouth
“Great people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Really great people, loads of ex pats, very British and karaoke every night!

• Visited May 2012