“Not to be overlooked”

Ranked #8 of 165 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Are you looking for a nice place to spend a nice evening eating good food and drinking good wine? We have just the best place for you - Ta' Pawla Restaurant situated in Tourists Street in Saint Paul's Bay. The menu is varied and at a reasonable price. Ta' Pawla Restaurant serves Fish, Meat, Pasta, Pizza and Local Maltese Cuisine. The service is friendly and efficient and the food is excellent.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Located in a busy street full of various restaurants, Ta' Pawla can be easily overlooked. It was due to Tripadvisor positive reviews that I decided to give it a try and I was not to be disappointed.

It was very busy on a Saturday night and I had to wait for a few mins until I was given a seating. That was ok since I did not book beforehand. The waiters were very helpful and efficient. The penne arrabiata and the pizza were served to our liking. Food prices are very reasonable. Will certainly visit again.

The pub ambiance is cosy and let you talk with your family/friends in a relaxed atmosphere without any loud music. The only slight negative thing is that I was seated in one of the few tables which are too close to each other, One does not want to be so familiar with the next table diners would not he?

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been going to Malta for over 20 years, and this little restaurant is fantastic. I have looked at some of the older reviews and they say it was not a good place to eat well I can tell you that I have been going for the last 3 years and never had a bad meal. The food is served promptly, and very hot and always excellent value for money. If you go out Friday and Saturday night when the local Maltese go out you may have to wait longer because it is busy but otherwise the service was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this place to eat, it is the best.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have been coming to Malta for a short break for around seven years now and in that time we have seen how Malta has faired through a very tough recession and the transfer to the Euro. This has meant that a lot of the so so restaurants have not survived. But the Ta Pawla has definitely come through and survived due to the high quality of both the food and service given. Every customer is treated with respect. Try it you will not be sorry.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome little eatery, always filled with locals so you know is going to be good.

The delight about this restaurant is the prices, we can never believe how good a value this place is !

1  Thank MikeHutchison
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Having both worked in the tourist industry, we usually stay away from restaurants in tourist areas, but Ta Pawla has been recommended to us by various friends, so we gave it a try and were really positively surprised:
A well organized, family-run restaurant, with a very friendly, efficient and at the same time impressively fast service. The steaks were excellent and to the point and the octopus stew was delicious.
Well done to everybody - we will definitely come again!