Review of Ta Pawla

Ranked #8 of 159 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Are you looking for a nice place to spend a nice evening eating good food and drinking good wine? We have just the best place for you - Ta' Pawla Restaurant situated in Tourists Street in Saint Paul's Bay. The menu is varied and at a reasonable price. Ta' Pawla Restaurant serves Fish, Meat, Pasta, Pizza and Local Maltese Cuisine. The service is friendly and efficient and the food is excellent.
Auchterarder
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This little restaurant is a must if you are visiting Qawra, They have such a good varied menu, both traditional Maltese and the usual things. the food is made to order so can take a little while, but worth the wait.

1 Thank Christine D

• Polish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Must try”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Superb little restaurant serving traditional Maltese dishes together with standard fayre. We have used this restaurant for the past three years and have never been disappointed . It can get quite busy in the evening and there can be a wait for your meal , but as the sign says ,`We apologise for any delay but your food is being freshly cooked`

scunthorpe
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were all inclusive at our hotel but it was my husbands birthday so we decided to go out . We all had starters which were very large portions, the mains were also large portions and I left quite a lot but only because I was stuffed the food was lovely. Good value good food !

Visited June 2014
malta
“Not to be overlooked”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Located in a busy street full of various restaurants, Ta' Pawla can be easily overlooked. It was due to Tripadvisor positive reviews that I decided to give it a try and I was not to be disappointed.

It was very busy on a Saturday night and I had to wait for a few mins until I was given a seating. That was ok since I did not book beforehand. The waiters were very helpful and efficient. The penne arrabiata and the pizza were served to our liking. Food prices are very reasonable. Will certainly visit again.

The pub ambiance is cosy and let you talk with your family/friends in a relaxed atmosphere without any loud music. The only slight negative thing is that I was seated in one of the few tables which are too close to each other, One does not want to be so familiar with the next table diners would not he?

lancashire
“Wonderful place to eat.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been going to Malta for over 20 years, and this little restaurant is fantastic. I have looked at some of the older reviews and they say it was not a good place to eat well I can tell you that I have been going for the last 3 years and never had a bad meal. The food is served promptly, and very hot and always excellent value for money. If you go out Friday and Saturday night when the local Maltese go out you may have to wait longer because it is busy but otherwise the service was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this place to eat, it is the best.

• Visited May 2014