Relax Inn Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Dolmen Hotel Malta(St. Paul's Bay)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfull englishair conthe buscontinental breakfastsea viewclean towelspubs and restaurantsyogurtthe main squaresea frontsun terracewhat it says on the tinsun trapgreat budget hotelsmall hotelmost nightsrooms are basic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Had a great stay at the relax inn with 2 friends when we arrived our room was not ready however they sat us down and offered us some food and a drink I asked if we had a sea view and was asked if I wanted one I said yes and they changed our room before we even had it ,the location is very good only a couple of minutes from the square where there are lots of bars and shops we had one noisy night on the Sunday with loud music but this only lasted till midnight ,the breakfast is a full English or a continental also there are cereals and toast they will also do an omelette on request,The dinner is ok with a choose of 2 starters and 2 mains also salad is available the hotel is a little dated but they do the best with what they have the rooms are clean and towels are changed daily .the staff are most helpfull especially Sharon and Garry nothing is too much trouble for these two , when we were leaving as it was before breakfast they even made us bacon and egg sandwiches while we were waiting to be picked up overall it was a pleasant stay and we will be returning .

Room Tip: The higher up your room is the better view but the wifi is slower
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank Kevinwendy
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Best friend and I were looking for a few days away to relax and could not have chosen a better place to do this. On arriving we were a little apprehensive as hotel a bit tired looking and surroundings a bit dated, but it turned out to be the nicest place in terms of staff and other guests at the hotel. Rooms basic but clean and if you wanted you could have maid service every day.Food was great for the money we paid for this break and although only a couple of choices for dinner, the quality of the food was more than adequate. As we were All Inclusive we had a cooked breakfast each morning which is freshly cooked and brought to your table.
We would definately consider going back again next year. Hotel nice and handy for town centre and bus station. Ideally located.

Room Tip: Request sea view as rooms on other side overlook the street
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I wasn't expecting much as the cost was about 13 euros a night including a continental breakfast but I must say it was much better than expected. Even though breakfast was included I spent the extra 2.50 euros to get full English which was quite good. The staff as you would expect were friendly but not as helpful as other places I've stayed. Even though there is a busy square with shops, clubs, pubs and restaurants a stone’s throw away once I closed the sliding glass door on the balcony the noise isn't too bad. The room was a nice size comfortable and clean. The hotel had free Wi-Fi throughout and it just about worked in my room. They only have one small lift/elevator and it wasn’t overly busy when I was there but I’m sure it will different during busy times. The only minor issues I had were the walls. They are a bit thin and if other guests on your floor are loud you will hear them! The Wi-Fi if you need a good connection you're best off popping down to the lobby. I had a good time with no major issues and would have gladly paid 20 euros a night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Roevin43
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Just come home from a fab trip to Malta. The Relax Inn is superb value for money, we knew when we booked that the hotel was basic with limited options for food but for what we paid it is fantastic.
We were lucky to have had an offer of 4 nights half board for £75 and regardless of the tired decor and outdated furniture we just couldn't fault the place. Honestly where could you stay for that sort of money, one night in the UK would set you back that much alone.

The rooms were very basic but importantly for us very clean. The view from the room overlooked other buildings but as I've mentioned what do you expect for the price you pay. Malta is very much a sight seeing Island so most people will spend most of the day out and about rather than indoors in their room so to us the look of the view and room were not top of our list.

Out of four nights we only managed to eat dinner at the hotel twice and although very limited the food was fresh and well cooked. I'm sure those who have moaned about the food are used to eating low cost microwave meals in pubs and restaurants, the food certainally tasted like it was made in their kitchen.
Breakfast was more than adequate with cereals, toast, fruit and yogurt. Hot breakfasts were available at a small charge but we very much enjoyed just munching on toast and cheese.

Some people have commented on how rude the staff can be but we never experienced this. When we arrived the receptionist showed us to our room something I've never encountered anywhere before. It certainally made us feel valued as a customer and all the time we were there we were greeted with a hello from all staff.

The location is fantastic, the main square is literally only 2 minutes walk away with some lovely cafes and bars. It is also ideally situated for those who are keen to use the bus to take them around. I highly recommend getting the X3 bus from the airport which will take you straight to Bugibba. If you stop off just alittle past the main square you will find the hotel's road right opposite. You pay 12 euro for a weeks bus pass and it will take you all over. Grab yourself the Holiday Bus leaflet from the tourist booth in arrivals, it will list the routes and bus numbers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Choccy13
Reviewed 16 April 2013

we stayed in room 403.sea view.april 6th to 13th 2013..(you need floors 4 or 5 for a sea view)room furniture tired and bed bit hard..but spotlessly clean.family run hotel..staff couldnt do enough for us.so helpful and friendly.food lovely.breakfast adequate and evening meal ok.two choices of starter and mains..always a lovely salad bar..and omletes always available..we were all inclusive and enjoyed salads sandwiches and toasties with fries and salad at lunchtime..or staff will make up packed lunches.never a problem to get drinks whenever required..and happy for us to take wine by the bottles not just by glass.! sun terrace on roof beautiful and sun trap..which we tried out even in april!plunge pool empty whilst we were there but sure it will be great high season.location is 1 minute walk from bugibba square..10 minutes to bus station.if you want a cheap break in the sun this hotel is fabulous..if you want 5* then pay higher prices!!!we would love to go back again soon.

• Stayed: April 2013