“disappointed couple from wales”
Review of Relax Inn Hotel

Relax Inn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bugibba
Reviewed 24 June 2013

the only thing we can say about this hotel is give it a miss. the hotel is worn and tired, the beds needed new mattresses as you could feel the springs as you sat down. the curtains were threadbare the sheet was disgusting i could not stay there. we asked the receptionist for a better room only to be told this was the best room. we then contacted our rep to find us another hotel asap. (never never stay at this hotel)

Room Tip: can not give one for this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank southcott

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The only good thing about the Relax Inn is that it is clean and they change the towels every day. I knew that this was a budget hotel, and we have been to a few which were good, so after reading other reviews, decided to book, but it really is run down. When we arrived after checking in we went up to our room only to have to go back to reception and ask how to get lights on. The guy on duty did not look too happy about having to come up too the room to show us. We only used the hotel to leave our clothes and sleep in as our balcony faced a brick wall and only got the sun at night. The beds are terrible and I did not get

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I take my critiques on here seriously and would like to think I can believe others...well, this hopefully was the exception. I looked for hours for somewhere to stay while in Malta and because it had good marks and a low price I thought I'd take a chance...NEVER AGAIN! Being cheap obviously isn't the way to go. Sometimes I think I must be crazy or I got the WORST room in the whole place.
First, I get inside the outdated room - if you get a double that means 2 little beds - not a double bed. The bathroom was surprisingly large. My toliet never flushed well. When you shower, the water is dark yellow - gross. The TV is crazy small, but it doesn't matter because 5 of the 10 channels are in Italian. Ok, so i didn't come to Malta to watch TV or stay in the room. The breakfast - is gross. If you can scrape by with toast, cereal, and orange juice, you'll be fine. Most of the people staying here seemed to be older British people, who were very friendly. I also paid extra for the half board - don't do this. You'll eat out and there are many options by that are good and cheap. The sheets on the bed, which I could HEAR the springs, were torn. I can't remember if I requested nonsmoking but there was an ashtray in my room and when I blew my nose on toliet paper it reaked of cigarettes. The phone in my room didn't work, so if you need to call and check reservations, good luck! I reported it to the front desk, who did nothing. While I was checking out I realized it had a pool.
I stayed in room 201. Next time: St. Juliens...so much more to do and prettier!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank jmlucas33
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Had a great stay at the Relax Inn, two parties of two, because we only arrived late Sharon arranged for delicious sandwiches and water to be left in our room. We expected normal sandwiches but these were on home made buns and took about ½ an hour to eat. The sandwiches were mouth watering.
As has, been said by other trip advisor's the rooms are spotless and cleaned every day with clean towels supplied every day. The continental breakfast is massive although if you wish you can have a full English for around £2.75. We stayed half board and the evening meal consists of a choice of two starters (Usually soup (Consommé) or pasta) followed by two hot main meals or salad, or omelette, of your choice, followed by about 4 different sweets. The food was very nice, home cooked and fresh.

The location is very good only a couple of minutes from the square where there are lots of bars and shops and the sea front for a warm evening walk and cool down. We had one noisy night on the Sunday, with loud music, but this only lasted till around 11 o’clock, and who cares, your on holiday, join in, or go home, don’t complain to the Hotel it’s not their fault.

All of the staff are very nice, friendly and polite especially the cleaning staff and the waitresses, and Sharon and Garry on reception, nothing is too much trouble for them.

We will be returning definitely, cannot thank them enough for a very enjoyable stay.

The roof terrace is ideal for sunbathing and getting a tan, and is complete with plunge pool to cool you off.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rear good view of square and sea, front view over main street and restaurants
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank LairdandLady4
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My and my partner have just arrived back from a wonderful stay as its name states "The Relax Inn" that's just what this hotel did from the moment we arrived we were treated like it was a five star Hotel.The room was cleaned every day and fresh towels provided,the food was really good if you did,t fancy any thing on the menu they would make you a omelette .The staff were very friendly and helpful especially Gary and Sharon who could not do enough for use .Even when we waiting to get picked up they provided use with drinks.

We will be staying there again asap .what more can I say its a wonderful and relaxed Hotel !

Room Tip: try the full English its as good as you get in bugibba
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank maltesefrankie
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Had a great stay at the relax inn with 2 friends when we arrived our room was not ready however they sat us down and offered us some food and a drink I asked if we had a sea view and was asked if I wanted one I said yes and they changed our room before we even had it ,the location is very good only a couple of minutes from the square where there are lots of bars and shops we had one noisy night on the Sunday with loud music but this only lasted till midnight ,the breakfast is a full English or a continental also there are cereals and toast they will also do an omelette on request,The dinner is ok with a choose of 2 starters and 2 mains also salad is available the hotel is a little dated but they do the best with what they have the rooms are clean and towels are changed daily .the staff are most helpfull especially Sharon and Garry nothing is too much trouble for these two , when we were leaving as it was before breakfast they even made us bacon and egg sandwiches while we were waiting to be picked up overall it was a pleasant stay and we will be returning .

Room Tip: The higher up your room is the better view but the wifi is slower
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank Kevinwendy
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Best friend and I were looking for a few days away to relax and could not have chosen a better place to do this. On arriving we were a little apprehensive as hotel a bit tired looking and surroundings a bit dated, but it turned out to be the nicest place in terms of staff and other guests at the hotel. Rooms basic but clean and if you wanted you could have maid service every day.Food was great for the money we paid for this break and although only a couple of choices for dinner, the quality of the food was more than adequate. As we were All Inclusive we had a cooked breakfast each morning which is freshly cooked and brought to your table.
We would definately consider going back again next year. Hotel nice and handy for town centre and bus station. Ideally located.

Room Tip: Request sea view as rooms on other side overlook the street
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Linda R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bugibba
Topaz Hotel
Porto Azzurro
Porto Azzurro
#5 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa

Been to Relax Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!