“Great place - but book accommodation and travel separately”

Sunseeker Holiday Complex
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bugibba
Reviewed 25 September 2009

We went early July when it was monumentally hot and we had a great time. And I have a husband who tries to only go to Northern Europe. We are going back Easter 2010. What I would say is you get what you pay for and if you go to Sunseeker check the costs of the apartments direct with flights. We got a 2 bedroom apartment , with scheduled BA flights, for for about £1,500 for 3 people - so don't book with a tour operator.

Anyway the staff were lovely, the location of our apartment which was just outside the complex, great. The minimarket prices were actually cheaper for some things than the main supermarket by the bus station. As for cleaning I had to persuade the maid to leave - my husband was doing his dying in the heat act and I have the recalcitrant adolescent male. But she did come twice a week and did a good job. Clean towels, sheets etc.

And even better it is only a 300 yd walk to 2 of the main scuba diving schools as well as some great restaurants. And if you go out via the swimming pool there is a great patisserie just opposite.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Moira54
There are newer reviews for Sunseeker Holiday Complex

Reviewed 10 September 2009

Hi everyone

First of all please let me tell you that I am not one of those fuddy duddies who complain about everything. But I felt I just had to warn you. This is our 4th time in Malta and after this experience I would not go back.

The hotel reception staff were very friendly, and the mini market was very good it was as cheap as the local supermarkets.

But the room was like a dungeon it was on the groud floor with very little light. The kitchen diner was so small and dark no fan no window. the main bedroom had a small window and a small balcony in the boys room. There was a family of 6 moved in when we moved out so 2 of there children would have had to sleep in that kitchen.

We saw the rep the next day and we were moved to a much better room on the 3rd floor we had 2 small balonies front and back no air con just fans in the bedrooms very very hot. But the kitchen diner was very large. It seems to me that it depended on who you booked with as to what room you got. the 3 people in the next room to us had to have the front door open all the time because there apartment was so small and hot. Other rooms had huge balconies.

I booked well in advance with Thomas Cook it wasn't a late deal we paid £2,600 for utter rubbish.

You had to take out your own rubbish, the floor was not cleaned in 2 weeks. The bed was changed once. The towels were changed 3 times.

The swimming pool was on top of the hotel it was very small. You could not eat or drink anything of your own you have to buy it from the bar/cafe. Even though it was self catering.

Please do not waste your hard earned cash on this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank kaz2902
Reviewed 24 August 2009

First time in Malta, but was recommended the Sunseeker and was not disappointed. Staff helpful and friendly,room clean and had all we needed in it. On arrival it was Sunday eve and all the shops were shut so it was nice to have a welcome pack containing all you need, ( Bottled water,Tea,Coffee,Sugar,Milk,Bread,Butter and Jam).Close to seafront, bus stops and all restaurants near the square so location was perfect. Using the bus was easy and cheap,and only took about 40 mins to get to Valletta. Roof top pool small but enough to cool down in and plenty of sunbeds if you got there by 10 o,clock. Nice little shop in basement supplying all you need for self catering.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 23 July 2009

myself and my husband stayed at the sunseekers for the first two weeks in july,
the rooms where hot but very clean, the hotel is very close to the beach and bus stops and the staff are very friendly,
the roof top with pools and refreshment bar provides a nice breeze and the most breath taking scenery,
there are plenty of places to eat in the sqaure and around and a couple of good chip shops,
if you like music and you dont want to hire the tv,then i suggest you take a cd player or radio,
we loved our stay at the sunseekers and would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennifermj
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I have stayed at sunseeker holiday complex 4 times now, all at ifferent times of the year and everytime i have been, it has been a pleasure. I think the first thing you realise when going up the street is the detail and the colour of the hotel. It is bright and cheerful. The next thing you realise upon entering the hotel is the friendliness of the the staff there. It is a family run hotel so they are family orientated.
I was only 10 the first time i went andnow only 17 but them 4 times i went in the space of 7 years i was not dissapointed.
A great place for families, children, adults, seniors and basically evryone

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank cr41gwood
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Sunseeker is a great place to stay, in the centre of bugibba.
Staff are great, especially Joe the barman. Family run so nice & friendly place to stay.
Close to great restaurants, Vinnie's just down the road & Sofra just up the hill. To name a few.
This was my second stay at sunseeker & will stay there every time in Bugibba.
Booked directly with commplex, via email for 40 euros per night.
Flight with airmalta, direct too.

Enjoy...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank rainyhall
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Just back from 2 weeks at the Sunseeker. Have to say my family and I all enjoyed our time there. Staff were in the main very helpful, and it was so peaceful you would never know that while we were there the place was totally full, except when trying to get a sunbed by the roof-top pool.
The hotel had all the facilites myself and my family with 2 teenage daughters could wish for, however, as with all holidays, the only niggle is that most of the "extras" incurred a charge, such as the remote to operate the TV or use of the leisure facilities other than the pools. The pools themselves are small, and are suited really only to cool down inbetween tanning sessions. A word of warning about the indoor pool. It may look like a childrens pool, but it most definately is not, as it has a depth of over 2 metres, so parents with small children be warned.
The only meal the hotel does is breakfast, and the choice is rather limited, however what you do get is adequate to start the day, although, if we hadn't pre-booked B&B as part of our package, i think we would have gone elsewhere for our meal.
Location is pretty good, at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac but within 2 minutes walk of the sea front.
Cleanliness was ok, but it would appear the cleaners only really look at floor level, as there was evidence that parts of the apartment had not been cleaned at a higher level, but this was soon resolved with the cleaning equipment provided in the apartment.
The apartment itself was well equipped, even if some of the fittings/equipment were a little dated (it brought back some happy childhood memories when I saw the circa 1960's cooker), but everything functioned properly, and once you spread your wings and look around the island, most of Malta appears to be the same.
Buses are a great way to get around and explore, being very frequent and cheap. Word of warning though if you do not use the main bus stations to start or end your journey, on several occasions bus drivers seemed to deviate from route and take short cuts, missing out intermediate stops. On one occasion, our bus driver even failed to stop at intermediate stops laughing at the people waiting to get on as he went passed!
Eating out can be fun, with a whole host of places to try. Obviously everyone's taste is different, but there was enough of a choice to make it possible to find something you like. I think we did quite well on this front, and my wife and I are both on a diet now having discovered difficulty fitting back into our normal clothes since our return!
Overall, a nice & pleasant hotel, staff in the main very friendly and helpful. As with anywhere you stay one or two niggles but nothing to spoil our time there.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank BigDoof
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bugibba
Relax Inn Hotel
#2 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Topaz Hotel
Topaz Hotel
#3 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Sunseeker Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!