“strange but you should try” 3 of 5 bubbles

Chimney Cakes
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Bugibba
Cuisines: Cafe
Jacksonville, Florida
“strange but you should try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I love cake and dessert so I was entrigued. They told me it was like donut batter but not fried. I ordered chocolate, but when they asked if it was to go and i wanted to take home to my husband, they said it wouldn't travel well. So I got cinnamon and it was lovely. It seemed a bit dry but great for breakfast the next day!

Visited May 2013

Tallinn, Estonia
“Great place to chill!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Great value for money! Had good salads and drinks. Friendly staff. Haven't tried their cakes. Recommend :)

1 Thank Umka_travels
Valletta, Malta
“Great place with the best service and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

This corner cafe is in the heart of Bugibba Square so the atmosphere is a very relaxed one especially when the weather is nice. It's a special cafeteria where the owners treat you not only politely but also very friendly making you feel most welcome. They are helpful and keep the place very clean. They serve various snacks, different coffees, smoothies, frappes and cocktails together with normal alcoholic drinks and softdrinks. I have tried their salads, sandwiches and other food items which are all freshly prepared and the prices are very reasonable. They are famous for their chimney cakes (unique in malta) and homemade cakes especially their cheesecake which are the best I have tasted! If you are a tourist living in the vicinity, make sure to pass by for a coffee/snack/cake as you won't regret it!

LIVERPOOL ENGLAND
“A must in Malta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is a little gem in Bugibba Square the nestled on a corner next to a tourist shop Serves a mean Caesar salad and lovely cappuccino coffee.But the best is the Chimney cake! very filling
tasty different .The staff are extremely helpful. Bogdan thinks he's the boss because he makes the Caesar ,Octavian is the Good looking one who makes a mean cappuccino. But the real Boss I believe is Ralu who makes the Chimney cakes.Will definitely go back there if we go back to Malta lovely people to know and make you welcome at there establishment Ohy and don't forget the Kimmie

Swindon
“Something New To Try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Recently was passing through Buggiba Square and spotted this place. Had a few tables and chairs outside, but what were Chimney Cakes? Never heard of them.
We sat at a table, a waiter asked for our drink orders, and recommended a shot of Amaretto in my ice coffee, which I agreed to and it was nice. We had to wait 20 minutes for the Chimney Cakes though, as they cook them at certain times.
Chimney Cakes are made of doughnut dough, but instead of deep frying, they are baked, and are coated in a choice of four coatings. We went for the cinnamon. We were quite shocked by the result. What looked like a small cake, was big enough for the three of us, and we ordered two of them! We had to take one back with us for my relatives to try.
If passing though Buggiba, I'd recommend going to this place and giving these a go, but don't forget, don't order too many of them, one is enough for three people.