“Best Food of the holiday”

Benjawan Thai Cuisine
Ranked #14 of 171 Restaurants in Bugibba
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This restaurant is situated just off the square in bugibba and is really good. The staff are very friendly and helpful and will explain dishes on the menu for you should you need help. We don't normally eat in the same place twice when on a weeks holiday unless the food and the service are really good - we ate here twice the second visit on our last night and we were not disappointed. Both nights we shared the mixed platter as a starter,mains on the first night my husband had a red curry and I had can't remember the name but it was a thicker curry with chilli, coconut and lime leaves. I took the steamed sticky rice and my husband the egg fried rice. Mains on the second night I had Chicken in oyster sauce with chilli and my husband had a massaman beef curry. We both had the egg fried rice however I think I preferred the steamed rice as it didn't conflict with the flavours of the main dish.
We had possibly more drinks here than in other restaurants purely because we were savouring the flavours of the food and were relaxed and enjoying the ambiance.
Price wise it was on a par with most places we ate in but as I said we did have extra drinks here.
I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Liked everything about this restaurant the staff were lovely and helpful - we are not use to eating Thai food they helped us to choose - the food was exceptional anf not too expensive we paid 33 euros for 4 beers, a starter and two main meals.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

A few days ago I ordered about 50€ of food for takeaway, I was advised 45min until it's ready for collection, fine no problem there. I arrive at 9pm for collection and I have to wait a further 45minutes sat outside waiting for my food. I was deeply annoyed by this but as a fanatical lover of Thai food and the fact I stupidly paid when I arrived thinking it would be 10 minutes as they advised got very frustrated with this situation, the icing on the cake was when they noticed I was still waiting and made a joke about the situation in Thai which with my limited command of the Thai language from living there for close to 2 years angered me more so.
Now roll on a few days later and because the food was one of the better on the island I decide to order takeaway again, I phone up they hung up on me after saying hello, I ring back make my order and give my name and explain what happened days previous not wanting a similar ordeal. The woman I spoke with apologised then hung up on me mid sentence, just down right disrespectful. I call back to vent my anger to be told I'm sorry we are busy. Are you serious? As someone that orders a lot of takeout I will never visit this restaurant again due to their horrid customer service, food is mediocre at best and the service is down right disgusting. So glad I didn't recommend this restaurant to my friends yet, atrocious.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Food was superb, tasty and nice portions, good choices and staff were very attentive will definitely go back

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I just got a take away and ordered Phad Thai and Fish cakes. Fish cakes were ok, but the Phad Thai was the worst I've ever tasted. It was so dry all the noodles stuck together and tasted bad.. Two bites and in the bin it when.