“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Fantastic restaurant serving great fresh food. I have been visiting this restaurant for the last 8 years and each time I come the food is excellent. It's fresh, tasty and you get plenty of it. I will be back next year.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stale bread, undercooked chicken and cold ribs. If that is what you like then welcome to Villa Mare. Just go around the corner to Fat Harrys Bar/Restaurant for a reasonably priced pub meal and you won't go far wrong.

VillaMare1, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear valued customer, I am a little bit confused as to whether you are complaining about Villa Mare or trying to advertise one of our competitor’s restaurants. The reason for my confusion is that having spoken to ALL of the supervisors and managers; no one can recall a complaint about undercooked chicken, cold ribs and stale bread.

Let me be the first to assure you that a complaint of this sort would not go unnoticed in Villa Mare. We treat all complaints seriously, and would have immediately rectified any errors, ESPECIALLY any concerning a heath and safety issue such as the one you mention with undercooked chicken.

I can’t help but wonder why this complaint has not been brought to my attention before. Had I had a similar experience, my first port of call would be the manager on duty to explain my dissatisfaction. I certainly would not have paid for the offending items. I can only assume that you did not complain at the time. However, please feel free to correct me and contact me so that you can fill in the gaps about what really happened.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Depois de eu ver o menu na entrada, o empregado preferiu atender as pessoas que estavam atrás de nos, e só depois nos atendeu. Falta de respeito do empregado. Os pratos foram servidos rápido. Os cafés demoram 24m, mas pedimos duas vezes, a conta demorou mais 15m a chegar a mesa. Depois de esperar mais alguns minutos o empregado pediu para eu me dirigir a caixa e pagar, não tendo achado normal, pois todas as restantes contas foram pagas na mesa. Comida razoável, serviço péssimo.

After I see the menu at the entrance, the employee chose to meet the people that were behind us, and then we met. Lack of respect of the employee. The dishes were served quickly. The cafes take 24m, but asked twice, the bill took longer to reach 15m table. After waiting a few more minutes the employee asked me to address myself to pay cash and not having found normal as all other bills were paid on the table. Reasonable food, lousy service.

I am very sorry to hear that you felt that your Villa Mare experience was disappointing. I have spoken to several staff members regarding the incident and reminded them that politeness is a courtesy to be extended to everyone. Having said this, we are only human and occasionally errors happen with no malicious intent. I would like to reassure you that any lack of respect that you felt was not intentional, and our staff were mortified to feel that one of our customers felt so treated.

Unfortunately, sometimes when the restaurant is busy we can be a little bit slower with service, but do try our utmost to keep the quality to a high standard. Apologies again that you feel that the drinks and bill took a long time, but unfortunately like I said, sometimes in a busy environment these things can happen.

Finally I would like to mention that we are a family diner and not a high class restaurant. At our bar there is a large, friendly, yellow sign saying “Please pay here”. There is also a message on the bill asking patrons to please pay at the counter. While we do endeavour to take payment at the table, it is not unusual or in any way a comment on individual customers, to ask them to pay at the bar.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Visited twice during our holiday as we have been many times before but we were very disappointed this time,food quite dry even though there was a sauce with it,had chicken and bacon pasta,chicken very dry and had the Dencici fish which was also dry,will think twice before eating here again,normally a lovely restaurant but very poor this time.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Been in malta many times have tried msny restaurants but they don't match up to villama well done to all staff very friendly people